Author Topic: Essential kit in a Villa  (Read 6268 times)

Offline cocobarker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Essential kit in a Villa
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »
Off to our place in Kalamar in 2 weeks time.... I'm interested to know what people find really finishes a villa off kit wise... This year will definitely be taking out a decent knife sharpener,and the obligatory water hammocks. The water cooler we brought a couple of years ago has been a huge success and much used (Jan at Can Can does a great job replenishing supplies on his scooter)... What kind of stuff do you really appreciate in a villa in Kalkan , apart from a great view and a good pool !

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9698.0

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
Re: Essential kit in a Villa
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
Hi - we have stayed in several high quality villas and thinking about what made them special is that they were to the same standard we have at home - i.e. you are on holiday so why should you settle for anything less?  Things we appreciate the most are lovely white fluffy towels, egyptian cotton sheets, nice wine glasses, china, good kitchen equipment, ipod dock, tv, all help to make the holiday happy!

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
Glad you mentioned knife sharpener! Agree with Ireen especially regarding the wine glasses, but also like to add large efes glasses! we also provide beer coolers and wine coolers that we keep in the freezer and slip over the bottle to keep them cool..
Mobile phone, we leave a mobile phone for guests to use (pre pay and ask them to leave some credit for the next guest) this has been well received.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline cocobarker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
Like the mobile phone idea....  Was going to take an old Nokia of mine out this time and get a Turkish SIM card for it... Found the blender we brought last year was a great hit too... Smoothies and milkshakes very popular

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »
Hi, I remember a thread like this last year, not sure if it was abut welcome packs as well as other essentials and it was very popular. For me, I would like to see a welcome pack, toilet rolls upon arrival and hand soap if possible. A well equipped kitchen with enough cooking utensils to fry, grill and casserole. Egg cups, sharp knives, washing up liquid, tea towels, pegs and instructions for all appliances translated in English please, ie notes from owners on how to work the washer, dishwasher, oven etc with the ultimate luxury of a top up mobile phone as hobbo provides. I know some of these things seem pretty basic but you'd be surprised at how ill equipped with basic items some villas/apartments have been.
On the whole though, we have had good experiences re "villa kit" in Kalkan and have been pleasantly surprised by the high standards.  This year we chose the villa we are staying in for the view (for us a necessity for our main holiday), the size, and the accessories. There is hopefully going to be a DVD, WI-FI, TV, IPod dock, PS3 and singstar . If it was just myself and OH, we would not need all the mod cons, but they really help to keep our girls entertained.  8)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »
Like the mobile phone idea....  Was going to take an old Nokia of mine out this time and get a Turkish SIM card for it... Found the blender we brought last year was a great hit too... Smoothies and milkshakes very popular

Do a search on mobile phones on this forum, you will find there is an issue, a UK Mobile with a turkish sim will get blocked after about 2 weeks.. best get a cheap phone out their!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »
Wifi is essential for us - skype and facebook being free to keep in contact with home. Not mentioned so far, but a real plus for us is beach towels. The extra large ones, preferably :) Also a cool bag, a decent size glass to make a large gin, binoculars, maglite and icebags or decent size ice trays.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »
Oh yes K4E, pool towels, I forgot about those - very handy indeed, as is the torch.  :)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »
The pool towels and hairdryers are great, we have them and they are much appreciated by guests, however a couple of guests have commented that we didn't remind them that they were provided and consequently they packed their own! so we now make a point of reminding people !!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
Above all big fluffy towels and Egyptian cotton sheets.  Decent firm pillows (I know people are allegic but a choice would be excellent) decent sized glasses and china mugs.  Also a little minichopper for all those onions and garlic cloves.  Not fussy or anything!!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
Oh and at least 2 pillows per person!!!  :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:19 PM »
Oh and at least 2 pillows per person!!!  :)

Yes definitely.  >:D >:D >:D

Offline KalkanWilkie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »
We've rented villas in Kalkan and elsewhere and there are never enough mugs.  The first time we rented in Kalkan there were only 2 mugs for 4 people and we had to buy more. Large pool/beach towels are also appreciated, as is a water cooler, wi-fi and an ipod dock. Coathangers are usually in short supply too.

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
Water cooler, ice making machine, juicer, hair dryers, pool towels, DVD player (& DVDs) I Pod docking station, emergency lighting & personal LED lights for every bed/person, sensor lighting on all stair wells & passageways & bathrooms (in case of power cuts) mini fridge at roof terrace to keep the wine and efes cool, knife sharpener, English books & games, full wine rack (take and replace), mobile phone, slow cooker, substantial welcome pack, furnishing to accomodate at leat 44 bums on seats out doors (even tho' villa sleeps eight) safe on every floor, security bolts on windows and doors, mosquito nets, Hmmm, let me think what else we provide, proper wine glasses, spirit glasses, hi balls as well as VERY good quality acrylic pool side "glasses" to safeguard from accident/injury. I could go on and on, we are always trying to pre-guess what might be required/desired. We would hope that our guests want for nothing but do our damndest to respond to reasonable suggestions. It behoves any villa owner who takes pride in their responsibility to treat their guests just AS such, GUESTS!
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
info on this out of this world villa??

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »
What about a halogen oven. The most useful thing I have ever had. Is a definite essential in my opinion along with a wine chiller of course!  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:25:12 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »
I am thinking of taking a sharp knife this year. Presumably there is no problem if I pack it in my hold luggage. Advice please. My very good friend, who is renting the villa next to us this year, is taking a Pimm's jug. Do we consider that to be essential villa kit? PS I will bring the Pimms. ;D

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »
info on this out of this world villa??

click on the globe symbol under my name, lots of info. there.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:03 AM »
I'm with Skunk, your villa sounds pretty amazing, headroom :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
Well, blow me down with a feather!!! I've only just discovered what happens when you click on the globe. Thanks headroom and your villa is lovely too!  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Essential Items for Guests

Started by Firecat on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 16, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Villa Kirmizi Lale - 4 bed, 4 bath villa - prices slashed for July & August!

Started by felicity on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 07:02:09 AM
by felicity
xx
Villa Doruk /Villa Sena

Started by jujujones on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 11:27:31 PM
by jujujones
xx
Villa

Started by shee on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post January 20, 2014, 01:01:08 PM
by shee

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Oz Adana

Views: 6572
By: Babadag
Alex