Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Essential Items for Guests  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Essential Items for Guests
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Out of interest what sort of household & cleaning basics would an owner make available to guests? I only ask because upon arrival the villa I stayed in had no loo rolls, no bin liners or bags for the loo bins, no washing up liquid and no Mr Muscle type cleaner. There was a lovely welcome pack of cheese, wine, beer, bread, tea, coffee, preserves, nuts and butter but I'd sooner have had loo rolls! And perhaps the bottle of wine too  :P A small bag of washing powder and enough dishwasher tablets for the specified duration of stay would also be more welcome to me than a pot of strawberry jam and some Nescafe.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10162.0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:17:05 PM by EK Moderator »
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Essential Items for Guests
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
If you book with  Brave on the Transfer, we got a bottle of wine in addition to Cold towels and chilled water and all for a great price of £140.00. Wine came in handy on arrival at apartment. ;)

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »
My transfers cost £110 return and I could buy a fair amount of wine and water for the thirty quid difference :D  No, I was speaking of supplies within any rented villa or apartment. I wouldn't expect an airport transfer company to hand me a pack of loo rolls upon arrival at my destination.

Offline Livingproof

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
Bravetours do a return transfer for £110 but because there were 4 of us we had to have the minibus at £140. As previously mentioned you get a bottle of cold bottled water & a freshening-up towel each + most importantly a bottle of Angora.

As regards what is available in the villa on arrival I would consider loo roll an essential, especially as we arrived in the middle of the night with 2 kids. I would have complained if this had not been provided; how do they expect you to use the toilet otherwise??? Other essentials would be towels (bath not beach) and, these days, wi-fi.
Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
Hi Firecat, you will find lots of posts on welcome packs on this forum.  Try using the Search button at the top of the page, particularly the section actually titled "Welcome packs".    It seems to vary enormously as to what property owners provide for guests on arrival.  If I was renting a place I would never go again if they didn't at least provide loo rolls for my arrival after a long journey!  Some of us do try hard to make guests welcome on arrival.

Perhaps you were just very unlucky and the cleaning lady forgot to put out the basic things  for you.  I hope you have contacted the owner of the property about the lack of essentials. 

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
This sounds like a case of partial oversight, certainly as regards the loo rolls. Probably by the cleaning personnel. Re the washing powder,  liquid dish soap, washing machine cubes and cleaning supplies, these are not necessarily supplied.  They may be or not.  At least 1 bin liner is supplied.  Shopping bags often supply the remainder.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »
As long time serial renters.Loo rolls should be a basic provision not an extra..if the rental has been cleaned correctly i would expect each bin to have a fresh bag inside it toilets and kitchen..i can buy more essentials when i go to the shop....We always buy a bumper bag of loo rolls and leave the majority in the cupboard.  Do they get whisked away to other property cleans?mmmm?welcome packs? although appreciated we have found often that shall we say the bread is not fresh ..maybe having been around for ages ,fruit has been found past it's best(maybe taken from departing guests left overs?) i would rather do without these items and have clean property well equipped.....we have in the past had to buy light bulbs as well because half the light bulbs in the lounge and stairs/ bed side lamps (reading) were out....i'm on hols ..not doing a maintainance mans jobs >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Essential kit in a Villa

Started by cocobarker on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post June 29, 2012, 12:58:07 AM
by hobbo
xx
What are the best TV options to offer guests?

Started by Christina on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post September 04, 2014, 09:47:48 PM
by Haybo
xx
Booking transfers for guests

Started by jinfizzz on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 08:49:37 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Cost of maintenance for paying guests

Started by Pauline on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2009, 09:03:54 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal