Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: onur air ???  (Read 14216 times)

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: onur air ???
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »
you''ve hit the nail on the head with that one Hoca; when you compare other airlines. Flew with Saudia, an otherwise excellent airline, on an internal flight from Riyadh to Tabuk in 1974; DC3 conversion it was with oil or something venting from the engine to flow over the wings,  making a terrible racket too.  Onur air feels like paradise compared! hahaha
bill

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »
This was last year we circled for 1 hour to use up fuel so we could land at Gdensk.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 08:25:45 PM by Hoca »

Offline freeroamer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »
My first post in here, so hello to all regulars viewing this.

I have to say my first post is not positive. Onur air were very poor the first and only time I flew with them. There was a poorly passanger on the flight home, we got just about two hours into our flight and we had to turn around and head back to Istanbul,as they are not allowed to land in certain European airports. Also the passenger required oxygen and none of their oxygen cylinders worked, so obvious safety violations there.

I think that says it all, I wont take the risk of flying with them again.

free :-)

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »
I''m sure a large percentage of forum members (including me) are using Onur Air this year and ridiculous scare stories of random things that have happened (on any airline!) are neither useful nor necessary.  We are still going to fly with Onur Air whether you like it or not, so please stop trying to make the nervous among us even more nervous??!   If I were to walk out of my house tomorrow and be hit by a bus, would everyone stop walking out of their houses?!  (ok it''s fairly unlikely that a bus would drive down my road but that''s not really the point).

I very nearly started a thread about the safety factor of leaving your home only to be hit by a flying sky lantern from Lantana''s wedding (hide everyone, it''s coming to get you!) but come on everyone, some perspective please...

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »
I too am a little tired of defending ONur air''s so called ''poor safety record'' on this and the ''other'' TA forum..!   >:(  They are a cheap turkish charter airline - no different from Easyjet, Thomas cook XL and any of the others flying into Dalaman.  Having travelled with them countless times due to their (usually) excellent prices (although now not quite so competitive!!  :() I find them NO worse than any of the other UK charter airlines and in fact quite often the planes are newer, the staff more polite, more legroom etc etc   As John says - nobody has started a thread on not travelling BA..and they are the ones with a worse safety record..!!  As far as Im concerned - if the UK authorities are happy to have Onur fly and land in their airspace then Im as happy to travel with them as I am any other airline - charter or otherwise

If you don''t want to travel with them - then take your chance with somebody else - (I can tell you - the last flight I took with TC was worse than any flight with Onur air)....thereby leaving the cheap seats for the rest of us!!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Annie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »
Hooray to Shirley Burley, The Feds and Felicity!
This is our first time to kalkan and I am soo excited, thanks to this brilliant site and all the wonderful information I have gleamed from it. The one thing that I do not want to read is all the scary stories re. Onur Air.  The three of you have basically put it in a nutshell.  If there is ever a disaster with any airline, the world will know soon enough and that is about as much information as I personally need to know.  Now I''ve had my little rant I shall just say thanks to all the people who have posted such useful info. and I have a feeling that this is the start of a love affair with Kalkan (which ever airline we use  ;).

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 08:57:05 PM »
Hi
Surely if people have had a bad experience with any airline they can say so on here, and people can either read it and take note, or simply ignore? Reading through the posts here, it seems some people think their ''positive'' views (of Onur Air on this occasion)  are more worthy than other peoples ''negative'' ones.
Em
Em

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »
Valid point but none of the other airlines have beeen refused landing rights in some EU countries

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »
Hi Feds
Dont be so damn patronising
Em

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 09:20:14 PM »
Are they still denied landing rights...Misty..??  I know they were a while back..(in Holland or Germany I believe) but that was a while back..and if they are good enough for the good ole'' Empire - then they are good enough for me...and to be quite honest - still nobody is concerned with the BA safety record - what if we were to ''find and replace'' Onur with BA...  ;)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »
If you look at the stats BA will always come out better.......I think at the end of the day you pays your money you take your chance ...

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:01 PM »
i did that...... or so i thought!! i booked BA..then they sold the routes to easyjet!!they will take your money and treat you like cattle who ever you book with!! still it could be worse i could be sellotaped to the wing of a Tiger moth ,no food no entertainment just teethful of flies ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:20:35 PM »
I''d like to put my views in a nutshell...regardless of what transport we use, we are at risk every single time we use it.
We just have to hope the safety rules have been adhered to and maintenance has been undertaken, whether it be a plane, bus, train or car.

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
Well said Mrs B.  The only reason I don''t tend to use Onur Air nowadays (I travelled to Istanbul in the early 90s with them twice, and apart from the planes looking a little shabby the flights were fine) is the fact that we effectively lose out on 1/2 days holiday because we are actually returning to the UK on their outbound flight - as I only get out to Kalkan 2 weeks a year, the longer I can get the better!

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 10:42:07 AM »

...Nobody has ever died in an Onur Air plane crash.  That’s a fact.  When the day comes that we have a fatality you can say “I told you so”.  Until then please put away your sandwich board telling us that the end of the world is nigh, because it may genuinely frighten some people.

Those links were mine.

I clearly stated that Onur Air have not yet suffered a catastrophic loss.

BA have, in various guises been flying since 1924. Onur Air since 1992. BA''s last catastrophic loss was in 1972 due to the pilot having a heart attack shortly after take off over Staines. Onur Air, on the other hand have the distinction of actually having had a pilot removing himself from the cockpit, announcing to the assembled passengers that the aircraft was unsafe to fly and getting off.

I did''nt come on here to have argument about flying, but this thread touches on my bete noir : I have read all the Mac Arthur Job journals. I do hate flying in general. I will not put my trust in Onur Air.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
Personally I think this subject has been "done to death" in more ways than one. Lets all do our own thing and have our own opinions on who we want to fly with and change the subject. PLEASE .....

Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
hear!! hear!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Onur air

Started by Em1 on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post December 22, 2008, 11:54:03 PM
by MartynE
xx
Onur Air.

Started by fidimax on Flights and Travel

22 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 11:14:13 PM
by Brooksie
xx
Onur Air

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post July 28, 2012, 07:57:47 PM
by turkeyfan
thumbup
Follow up to Onur Air

Started by kasska on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2008, 10:19:29 PM
by jinfizzz

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal