Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Easy Jet  (Read 8237 times)

Offline merseydave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Easy Jet
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »
Ok, we've decided to go by Easy Jet and want to know if anyone has gone with them this year? Good /bad/indifferent?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8092.0
Kalkan..........just ONE of the places we'll have a villa when we win the Euromillions!
Not a full time resident, but getting there!!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
Re: Easy Jet
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
Yes, we have, earlier on in the year.  No problem & no delays even at Dalaman & as it was the very last airline we would have previously booked with, we thought they were very good.  OH has far more leg room on their planes & the even better thing we have discovered is that there are no adjustment buttons on the seats, so no having your drink pushed into your lap by some thoughtless person in the seat infront wanting to lay back.

This is the 2nd time we have used them & have now discovered the 'Speedy Boarding' etc which for us, is good.  Their staff were excellent, just hope it continues.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
Used them last year and on the last night of the holiday I broke my foot.  The care I got from them on the way back was second to none - lifted on first, choice of seat with plenty of legroom and such kindness from the crew!  Needless to say we are using them again this year.  Speedy Boarding is deffo worth the extra money - particularly if you're tall as you can get a good legroom seat.  Although having said that their legroom is pretty good anyway.  :D

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
Used them last year and also this. Absolutely no problem with the airline at all. Also used them for business trips to as well as Jet2 who I have also travelled to Turkey with. We also booked speedy boarding....excellent
One downside regarding Dalaman and speedy boarding, and this has more to do with the 'passengers' and airport staff.
When speedy boarding is called, all 'passengers' must have a mental block and rush to the gate thus blocking the way for SB'drs. The airport staff did not put out the notice showing which side SB'ders were to Q until the last minute so this did not help at all. Just had to politely move forward when boarding commenced.
As I said, nothing to do with Easyjet themselves.
Recommended
 ;) :)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »
Must  agree 'Speedy Boarding ' & Dalaman do not gel really, as they appear to have only one queing board. Needless to say those of us who had, by this time got into the swing of things managed very well.

Nothing to do with Easyjet.  We were on a flight out to Dalaman with Tele Celebs , so they must think its ok.

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »
Easyjet would be my first choice if booked early enough to get the best deals - we never bother with speedy booking as we just wait until everyone has got on plane and usually get 2 seats together on the back of the plane.  Staff have even asked single people already seated if they would mind moving so 2 people can sit together and they often do!

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
We have just returned from Kalkan on Friday and used Easyjet for the first time after many years of Thomas Cook, Monarch etc, and we were very pleasantly surprised.  As others have said, we found there to be more legroom, the aircraft seemed to be quite new and clean, and there were no delays at all.  There is no flight entertainment and only sandwiches and snacks to buy but it didn't bother us at all.
What I would say is that speedy boarding is a must and well worth the extra cost.

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
Does anyone know when their flights for next June half term 2012 will be released? Trying to hold out booking flights until they do! Have flown with them several times & they were good. Didn't bother with speedy boarding but then I'm usually flying on my own! :-))

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 08:37:01 PM »
We used Easyjet in May for the 1st time and were pleasantly surprised. Took off early both ways, leg room was better than most charters but what impressed us  most  was that on the Dalaman - Stansted flight 10.30pm they kept the lights dimmed for the whole of the flight unlike Thomas Cook who seem to think night flights equal Blackpool illuminations for 4 hours. We will certainly book with them again.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
I think that Easyjet summer flights for 2012 go on sale @ end September/begining October but I'm not 100% sure. We were in Kalkan in Sept last year and booked as soon as they came out. They are showing up to March '12 at the moment
 ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 08:48:37 AM »
We've flown with easyJet for the last few years and we're very happy with them and I agree with others, Speedy Boarding is definitely required if you want the extra leg room seats. If you register with them they'll let you know by email when the summer 2012 flights are released.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
We used Easy jet going out & Thomas cook coming back...no contest this time round - we would prefer Easy jet without a doubt, the only thing is the seat rush, but apart from that, fine.  As others have said, more leg room, no reclining seats...great!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »
I booked mine as soon as they came out last year and that was 18th October to come over in August.  Four weeks to go can't wait.  :) :) :)

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:47 PM »
We have booked with Easyjet again this year - despite a five hour delay on our return flight last year. 

Those five hours at Dalaman airport (£50 for 4 x MacDonalds) were the longest five hours of my life.

Lets hope its better this year.

Offline SueBuzz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 07:29:13 AM »
Hi there

We went with Easyjet in April this year - in fact we have travelled with easyjet on various holidays for the last 5 years and had no problems at all.  They are what they say "a no frills airline", but I would rather save my money for the lovely food and drink in Kalkan.

I agree with IssyG - the food at Dalaman was overpriced.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
We use Easyjet 2 or 3 times ayear and generally get a good service. One word of warning is that if something does go wrong, like with Ryanair you get very little assistance in making alternate travel arrangements.

Last July our flight home was cancelled as we were standing in the queue for checkin. All of the Easyjet immediately disappeared and didn't reappear for90 mins.

When they did reappear we were told we had to either rebook onto alternative Easyjet flights or make our own arrangements to get home. After two hours of queueing and general chaos we were told there were no spare seats and that earliest flight home would be in 3 days and into Bristol nor Gatwick.

At this point I got on the phone and booked a flight on a Thompson plane leaving for Birmingham in 40 minutes. When we got on the plane it was a widebody with at least 100 spare seats.

A year later we are still seeking compensation from Easyjet for the cancellation and the £180 taxi fare from Birmingham to London

Despite this we still use Easyjet and would recommend them, with the proviso that if things do go wrong you need to be prepared to sort them out yourself and have enough space on your credit cards to do this (It cost us about £800 to get home). 

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 09:41:30 AM »
Just booked easyJet flights, Stansted to Dalaman, for end of April next year, returning beginning June. Approx. 50 pounds each way.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »
how strange that you can book from Stanstead for June and not from Gatwick?
kalkan4eva.....how do you manage to receive notification from easyjet? as far as I'm concerned I have registered with them but never receive any messages.....am waiting to book flights for next summer....determined to get a good deal! ::)

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
Babs,

For some strange reason Easyjet always release the Gatwick flights separately and later if my memory serves me correctly. ???

Jo

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »
Babs, I don't know why you don't receive a notice email, we always do...! Nine times out of the flights have been released a day or two earlier than the notification, but we still get informed and still pick up an early deal. Complain....bitterly :P

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Easy Jet

Started by itstime on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post September 22, 2011, 07:40:14 PM
by itstime
xx
EASY JET NEXT YEAR

Started by dabber29 on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post July 26, 2011, 05:01:45 PM
by itstime
xx
Easy jet flights

Started by janeb on Flights and Travel

10 Replies
Last post September 10, 2015, 05:48:25 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Easy Jet Flights

Started by Blueboy1 on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post July 04, 2018, 10:55:18 AM
by baclava

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal