Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: merseydave on July 03, 2011, 11:33:36 AM

Title: Easy Jet
Post by: merseydave on July 03, 2011, 11:33:36 AM
Ok, we've decided to go by Easy Jet and want to know if anyone has gone with them this year? Good /bad/indifferent?
Title: Re: Easy Jet
Post by: DRBD on July 03, 2011, 02:49:50 PM
Yes, we have, earlier on in the year.  No problem & no delays even at Dalaman & as it was the very last airline we would have previously booked with, we thought they were very good.  OH has far more leg room on their planes & the even better thing we have discovered is that there are no adjustment buttons on the seats, so no having your drink pushed into your lap by some thoughtless person in the seat infront wanting to lay back.

This is the 2nd time we have used them & have now discovered the 'Speedy Boarding' etc which for us, is good.  Their staff were excellent, just hope it continues.
Post by: Skunk on July 03, 2011, 03:21:22 PM
Used them last year and on the last night of the holiday I broke my foot.  The care I got from them on the way back was second to none - lifted on first, choice of seat with plenty of legroom and such kindness from the crew!  Needless to say we are using them again this year.  Speedy Boarding is deffo worth the extra money - particularly if you're tall as you can get a good legroom seat.  Although having said that their legroom is pretty good anyway.  :D
Post by: Potter on July 03, 2011, 05:31:57 PM
Used them last year and also this. Absolutely no problem with the airline at all. Also used them for business trips to as well as Jet2 who I have also travelled to Turkey with. We also booked speedy boarding....excellent
One downside regarding Dalaman and speedy boarding, and this has more to do with the 'passengers' and airport staff.
When speedy boarding is called, all 'passengers' must have a mental block and rush to the gate thus blocking the way for SB'drs. The airport staff did not put out the notice showing which side SB'ders were to Q until the last minute so this did not help at all. Just had to politely move forward when boarding commenced.
As I said, nothing to do with Easyjet themselves.
Recommended
 ;) :)
Post by: DRBD on July 03, 2011, 05:58:33 PM
Must  agree 'Speedy Boarding ' & Dalaman do not gel really, as they appear to have only one queing board. Needless to say those of us who had, by this time got into the swing of things managed very well.

Nothing to do with Easyjet.  We were on a flight out to Dalaman with Tele Celebs , so they must think its ok.
Post by: elcee on July 03, 2011, 06:26:15 PM
Easyjet would be my first choice if booked early enough to get the best deals - we never bother with speedy booking as we just wait until everyone has got on plane and usually get 2 seats together on the back of the plane.  Staff have even asked single people already seated if they would mind moving so 2 people can sit together and they often do!
Post by: JayneyG on July 03, 2011, 08:15:00 PM
We have just returned from Kalkan on Friday and used Easyjet for the first time after many years of Thomas Cook, Monarch etc, and we were very pleasantly surprised.  As others have said, we found there to be more legroom, the aircraft seemed to be quite new and clean, and there were no delays at all.  There is no flight entertainment and only sandwiches and snacks to buy but it didn't bother us at all.
What I would say is that speedy boarding is a must and well worth the extra cost.
Post by: KalkanPosh on July 03, 2011, 08:32:49 PM
Does anyone know when their flights for next June half term 2012 will be released? Trying to hold out booking flights until they do! Have flown with them several times & they were good. Didn't bother with speedy boarding but then I'm usually flying on my own! :-))
Post by: msr on July 03, 2011, 08:37:01 PM
We used Easyjet in May for the 1st time and were pleasantly surprised. Took off early both ways, leg room was better than most charters but what impressed us  most  was that on the Dalaman - Stansted flight 10.30pm they kept the lights dimmed for the whole of the flight unlike Thomas Cook who seem to think night flights equal Blackpool illuminations for 4 hours. We will certainly book with them again.
Post by: Potter on July 03, 2011, 09:32:13 PM
I think that Easyjet summer flights for 2012 go on sale @ end September/begining October but I'm not 100% sure. We were in Kalkan in Sept last year and booked as soon as they came out. They are showing up to March '12 at the moment
 ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 04, 2011, 08:48:37 AM
We've flown with easyJet for the last few years and we're very happy with them and I agree with others, Speedy Boarding is definitely required if you want the extra leg room seats. If you register with them they'll let you know by email when the summer 2012 flights are released.
Post by: Kuzu on July 04, 2011, 11:54:28 AM
We used Easy jet going out & Thomas cook coming back...no contest this time round - we would prefer Easy jet without a doubt, the only thing is the seat rush, but apart from that, fine.  As others have said, more leg room, no reclining seats...great!
Post by: Skunk on July 04, 2011, 04:18:45 PM
I booked mine as soon as they came out last year and that was 18th October to come over in August.  Four weeks to go can't wait.  :) :) :)
Post by: IssyG on July 05, 2011, 09:10:47 PM
We have booked with Easyjet again this year - despite a five hour delay on our return flight last year. 

Those five hours at Dalaman airport (£50 for 4 x MacDonalds) were the longest five hours of my life.

Lets hope its better this year.
Post by: SueBuzz on July 07, 2011, 07:29:13 AM
Hi there

We went with Easyjet in April this year - in fact we have travelled with easyjet on various holidays for the last 5 years and had no problems at all.  They are what they say "a no frills airline", but I would rather save my money for the lovely food and drink in Kalkan.

I agree with IssyG - the food at Dalaman was overpriced.
Post by: alantj on July 07, 2011, 02:22:14 PM
We use Easyjet 2 or 3 times ayear and generally get a good service. One word of warning is that if something does go wrong, like with Ryanair you get very little assistance in making alternate travel arrangements.

Last July our flight home was cancelled as we were standing in the queue for checkin. All of the Easyjet immediately disappeared and didn't reappear for90 mins.

When they did reappear we were told we had to either rebook onto alternative Easyjet flights or make our own arrangements to get home. After two hours of queueing and general chaos we were told there were no spare seats and that earliest flight home would be in 3 days and into Bristol nor Gatwick.

At this point I got on the phone and booked a flight on a Thompson plane leaving for Birmingham in 40 minutes. When we got on the plane it was a widebody with at least 100 spare seats.

A year later we are still seeking compensation from Easyjet for the cancellation and the £180 taxi fare from Birmingham to London

Despite this we still use Easyjet and would recommend them, with the proviso that if things do go wrong you need to be prepared to sort them out yourself and have enough space on your credit cards to do this (It cost us about £800 to get home). 

Post by: Tatilde on July 26, 2011, 09:41:30 AM
Just booked easyJet flights, Stansted to Dalaman, for end of April next year, returning beginning June. Approx. 50 pounds each way.
Post by: Babs on July 26, 2011, 09:58:17 AM
how strange that you can book from Stanstead for June and not from Gatwick?
kalkan4eva.....how do you manage to receive notification from easyjet? as far as I'm concerned I have registered with them but never receive any messages.....am waiting to book flights for next summer....determined to get a good deal! ::)
Post by: jofoss on July 26, 2011, 10:21:05 AM
Babs,

For some strange reason Easyjet always release the Gatwick flights separately and later if my memory serves me correctly. ???

Jo
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 27, 2011, 11:23:09 PM
Babs, I don't know why you don't receive a notice email, we always do...! Nine times out of the flights have been released a day or two earlier than the notification, but we still get informed and still pick up an early deal. Complain....bitterly :P
Post by: alantj on July 28, 2011, 09:37:17 AM
Kalkan4eva, if you can its best to get booking on the morning the flights are released as the very best deals only last a few hours.

Last year, thanks to a post on EK, I managed to get on the site at 11:00am about two hours after the flights were released.  There were lots of real bargains, even in the July August peak times.

We picked up flights for Easter 2011 at £78 return and July 2011 for £88 return, by 6:00pm they had gone up to £139 and £129, so thanks to the person who kindly posted on EK we saved over £300.

Post by: Cuddles on July 28, 2011, 10:41:46 AM
I agree with alantj. I looked 2 days ago when they released the flights from Bristol and Stanstead. Unfortunately, I couldnt contact the couple that we normally travel with and the prices went up from £80 return (no bags) to around £150 in about 2-3 hours. Now I am definately waiting for the Gatwick flights, in the hope that I can get a good price from our usual airport.
Had I realised how cheap parking can be at Bristol, (£63 for just over 4 weeks), I would have booked from there.
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 28, 2011, 12:21:55 PM
Some companys use a system that when you log back into an item... eg a flight,it will recognise you have looked at the information before realise you are interested and automatically raise the price...clearing your cookies after looking can help...but best option is grab it when you see it ;) ...don't forget to heads up everyone else as well .........
Post by: Cuddles on July 28, 2011, 01:32:44 PM
Was that comment meant for me BL?

I think that I was the one who first posted that a couple of years back. And I did it a couple of times while researching flights over the past couple of days. However, typically, the brain failed me when I went back to look at the Bristol flights. Doh!
Post by: Babs on July 28, 2011, 02:21:46 PM
I've clearly done the registering for notifications wrong  ??? so will rely on the good people on here letting me know when Gatwick flights are released....trouble is I think we may be in Kalkan at the time so will have to rely on my daughter to keep an eye out!
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 28, 2011, 02:40:11 PM
Bubbles....not meant specifically for anyone..just general info..many on here are not aware that "worms" exist when booking/buying on the internet.
Post by: merseydave on August 04, 2011, 06:52:14 PM
Hi guys,
Do we know what planes they use?
Expecting De Havilland and Gypsy Moth answers I know, but would like to know for aisle arrangements, numbers etc....
Thanks in advance
Post by: Chris_S on August 05, 2011, 10:32:10 AM
merseydave:

To see what aircraft an airline uses, go to http://data.Flight24.com.

To check seat layouts, try www.seatguru.com.

If EasyJet used Gipsy Moths, you can bet your last half-crown that they would charge extra for the helmet, goggles and silk scarf!
Post by: merseydave on August 05, 2011, 10:34:52 AM
Thanks Chris
Post by: Potter on August 06, 2011, 09:38:09 AM
They use Airbus 319's  and 320's
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?airlinesearch=EasyJet+Airline
 ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal