Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tax on rental  (Read 3003 times)

Offline annav

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zinnia
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Tax on rental
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »
Once we have finally bought a property and rent it out can anyone fill me in on the tax situation in Turkey? Surely I dont have to pay tax both in Turkey and in the UK on this?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3917.0

Offline bibi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
Re: Tax on rental
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
 ;)You do need to pay tax on rental of a Turkish property to the Turkish government, but whatever you do pay in Turkey will be offset against anything you may owe UK side. This is cos there's a dual taxation agreement between the 2 countries.There's a helpful article on this on the 2blacklions website and heres the link below. You would have to find out though what the annual tax allowance if for calculation..

http://2blacklions.com/kalkan-property-services/property-investment-turkey/turkish-income-tax-rented-property.htm

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Tax on rental
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
;)You do need to pay tax on rental of a Turkish property to the Turkish government, but whatever you do pay in Turkey will be offset against anything you may owe UK side. This is cos there's a dual taxation agreement between the 2 countries.There's a helpful article on this on the 2blacklions website and heres the link below. You would have to find out though what the annual tax allowance if for calculation..

http://2blacklions.com/kalkan-property-services/property-investment-turkey/turkish-income-tax-rented-property.htm

The information on that link is correct, but not complete. It is also possible to claim ACTUAL expenses against the income received, rather than a flat 25%. If your total allowable expenses are higher than 25% it could be worth doing it that way, (although you can't just pick and choose - if you elect to do it one way, you have to stick with that method for a minimum number of years).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Rental tax

Started by baclava on Money & Finance

4 Replies
Last post March 03, 2009, 11:50:54 AM
by Cosetta
xx
Tax on Rental

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 14, 2014, 03:05:13 PM
by Anne
xx
Rental Tax

Started by Vally on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 11:30:00 AM
by Vally
xx
rental costs?

Started by albinoni on Buying A Property & Real Estate

4 Replies
Last post September 01, 2011, 08:37:24 PM
by albinoni

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In the Med

Views: 4151
By: misty
Coffee Bar