Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Weather Late Sept/Early October  (Read 12217 times)

Offline MrsC1701

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Weather Late Sept/Early October
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

We're visiting Kalkan 28 Sep-8 October for 10 days. Was thinking when we booked that the weather would be fab still at this time of year but then read some posts saying that it rains a lot in Kalkan in October!

Obviously I understand that weather is unpredictable and wouldn't be put off by the odd rainshower but would be so disappointed if we couldn't swim/sunbathe to our heart's content!

Can anyone shed any light on what weather has been like around this time of year the last few years, do we need to worry?

Thanks!

Ceri

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9293.0

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Weather Late Sept/Early October
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »
Don't worry too much  ;)

We have lived here all year, for eight years now and have found that September early October is still very good

However as you go through October you may have the odd unsettled day, but not many

Bring a warm jumper etc as the nights may get chilly when the sun goes down, but still very sit outside-able
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:36:59 PM by kevincat99 »

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
Hi, we always go at this time of year and it is still very warm during the day and still plenty warm enough to eat outdoors in the evening, usually until about 9pm when it can get a little bit chilly depending on how much you feel the cold. I always take a pashmina or something similar but don't always need to use it. KM.

Offline suziq

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »
The plus side at this time of year is the sea is much warmer than in early season too.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
We went 10-18 October last year.....there was a big storm the night we arrived and the next couple of days were a bit 'iffy'......but when the sun finally shone for us it was just beautiful....the perfect temperature to sit in the sun all day  :laugh:
It got chilly in the evenings towards the end of our holiday but nothing that a jumper or pashmina couldn't solve.
We loved visiting at the end of the season and found the atmosphere so relaxed....enjoy your holiday....Kalkan is lovely even if the sun doesn't always shine.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »
We love Kalkan at this time of year, its perfect weather for us to be honest and as susiq says the sea is a wonderful temperature. We must have been lucky as whenever we've been late Sept/Oct we've only ever had glorious weather and I've not been cold of an evening. As Babs says its a relaxed time in the village, I always describe it as having an "end of term" feeling. I don't think you'll be dissapointed :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »
I'm sure the weather will be fine.  We were there 24 September to 4th October last year and the weather was perfect, sunny skies and hot during the day (not sweltering) and comfortable without a cardy or pashmina at night.  Like you, I was a bit worried about the weather before we went, having not been so late in September before but I have to say it was a great time to be in Kalkan, not only for the great weather but for the whole atmosphere of the place at that time of year - enjoy!

Offline MrsC1701

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Thanks all, your posts are very reassuring! It sounds like a great time of year to be in Kalkan and like you say, Kalkan looks lovely whatever the weather. I am literally counting down the weeks!  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather late Sept early Oct?

Started by LancashireLass on Weather

4 Replies
Last post April 01, 2014, 01:02:26 PM
by Kalkan regular
recycled
Holiday in late September/early October

Started by elise on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 22, 2009, 11:04:36 AM
by Chris18648
question
Weather in early October

Started by londongirl on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post September 09, 2008, 08:30:06 PM
by RosiB
xx
Sept 21st - October 12

Started by Wendy on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post September 17, 2014, 09:37:47 PM
by Wendy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

moonlight bar

Views: 4360
By: Trotter
villa kismet