Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Weather late Sept early Oct?  (Read 6262 times)

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
  • I long for the day when I return to Kalkan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Weather late Sept early Oct?
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:16:38 AM »
Hi please could someone advise me as to what the Kalkan weather is usually like late Sept and Early Oct? What are the average temperatures?

Many Thanks
Janie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11936.0
Janie Q

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Weather late Sept early Oct?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:35:03 AM »
We've been to Kalkan a couple of times in October.......5th and 10th as far as I can remember. Each time we arrived there had been couple of days of not so nice weather, last year it had been very windy for a couple of days and a bit chilly in the evening but then it changed and it was beautiful for the rest of the time. I'm guessing high 20s and in the evening we sometimes needed a jumper/cardi but not every evening. It is a lovely time to go to Kalkan.....in fact my favourite time. Hoping to be there mid October this year.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 09:17:32 AM »
We always go in late Sept  / early Oct  for a few weeks :  My favourite time,  you can walk around without the excessive heat exhaustion  you get in July /Aug.. You do get the odd shower , but in the main the temp is  lovely  with lots of sunshine.  Pools are also still nice in Sept/Oct . Everywhere is still open  and it is a more chilled out place as the hard working folk of Kalkan can relax and chill  after the hectic main season.  Agree with "Babs" that a jumper is a useful accessory to have at hand as the light fades earlier in the evening i.e. dark by 19:00 ish  in early  Oct so the temperature drops that bit quicker in the evening , That said most evenings are wonderful,  only occasionally needing a jumper . Temperatures  normally mid 20s at least  , but have had 30+ in late Sept on many occasions through the day and even in early Oct

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:21:46 AM by brian j p »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
End of September/early October is also my favourite time of year to be in Kalkan. The whole place has a lovely end of term feel, it feels like the village has taken a huge sigh of relief that the stinking hot weather has finally subsided and the peak weeks have passed. Everywhere is relaxed, not busy and there's a different crowd. Not many families or children there - which we find quite nice having spent many years surrounded by other families in child friendly resorts (I call them our "Agadoo Years") I have a pashmina for evenings as the rooftop restaurants can be a bit chilly and recommend one of those plastic poncho things for your bag - the type they give out at festivals that fold up to the size of a packet of tissues - for the odd shower that tends to happen in October.
Wonderful temperatures that mean you can sit out all day if you want and read a book without melting into it :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 01:02:26 PM »
For the last 7 years our last visit of the season is always the last few days of September and first couple of weeks in October and we love the weather and Kalkan at that time. Generally glorious days where you can walk around and sunbathe without burning and nice enough evenings still to eat outside, all be it sometimes wearing a cardigan, pashmina or light jacket (that usually depends on how much wind there is that night and on a windy night weather you are on a roof top or a more sheltered spot). You may get the odd day with some rain, either a quick shower which dries up quickly when the sun comes back out or a great thunderstorm, which we love with pouring rain and sheet lightening across the bay, they are a real spectacle. Last year we sat in Hunkar having lunch during such a storm and it was great entertainment watching everyone negotiate the river running down the road in their flip flops, wearing by now very wet tshirts. The town's still fully active, including the boat trips and as others have said the Turkish people are slowing down after a hectic summer and have time to chat. Restaurants generally aren't so full you need to book but there are still enough people round for it to have a good atmosphere. The pool tends to be a bit cool for my taste, especially toward mid October, but I like the water to be bath temperature and everyone else seemed quite happy with it. The sea however is still reasonably warm.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather Late Sept/Early October

Started by MrsC1701 on Weather

7 Replies
Last post April 20, 2012, 10:18:27 AM
by MrsC1701
xx
Early and late Booking in Kalkan,

Started by Buster on Holiday Reports and Reviews

13 Replies
Last post July 17, 2013, 06:01:24 PM
by Babs
recycled
Holiday in late September/early October

Started by elise on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 22, 2009, 11:04:36 AM
by Chris18648
smiley
Weather Sept/Oct

Started by ndwalker26 on Weather

10 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 10:06:22 AM
by dshiels

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sunset from Mahal

Views: 4228
By: alisonh
EK 70s Night