Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rain in August ?  (Read 3803 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Rain in August ?
« on: August 15, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
Hi,

I have been told by someone who lives in Kalkan that the rain on Thursday afternoon ( I was there and it was very heavy for about 30 mins, the rain water running down the main road was like a stream ! ! ! )  was a very odd thing to happen in August....How strange was it ? ? ?  Have you seen it rain at this time of the year before ? ? ?   LoveKalkan.  >:D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4113.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Rain in August ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 02:28:07 PM »
The Locals İ have spoken to about it said it might rain once or twice ın the summer. but always with Thunder & Lightning

Jimmo in Kalkan Now  8) 8) 8)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »
Hi Jimmo,

It was nice to meet you, albeit, very briefly, pity we never got the chance to have a chat over a couple of cold Efes, maybe another time, how do you rate Kalkan so far,the good and the not so good ? ? ? ......we are all very interested to hear peoples take on Kalkan... >:D

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »
Hi KD. i take it that you are now back in the UK. and still thinkıng of Kalkan.Yes is was nıce to meet you and your mates. and now be able to put a face to Kalamar Dream.Lots of GOOD thıngs about Kalkan only 1 thıng on the downsıde for us is the hıll back up to our villa.My wıfe fınds ıt a bıt of a struggle and she has bad knees.so she has been gettıng a Taxi up and down. However i have told her that if we lived here that would not be a problem as we would have a car.wıll wait till we get home to give a full report to the forum.thınking of going to KAŞ (Monday) On the dolmus any Tıps about it

Jimmo  8) 8) 8) ın Kalkan now with frıends

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 09:45:53 AM »
Looking forward to your report Jimmo.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
Hi Jimmo,

So glad to hear you are all having a fab time, hope the hills are not spoiling your wife's holiday to much.

We love going to Kas for lunch, its a coast road nearly all the way, and the views are fantastic, to get the best view from the bus, if you are sitting facing the front of the bus make sure you sit on your right hand side for the best views.

There is a busy harbor with lots to look at, lots of shops, bars and restaurants, and good news for your wife as these are mostly on level paths with very few inclines.

As much as we like to go to Kas, we are always pleased to get back to Kalkan, because nice and pretty as Kas is, its not nearly as pretty as Kalkan.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday, and look forward to reading your holiday report.........LoveKalkan  >:D ;D >:D ;D

ps : Good result yesterday ! ! !

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »
Thanks for the info KD. Only 4tl each both ways as you cannot buy return tickets.Ä°t was worth the money just for the Dolmus bus rıde and the fantastic vıews all the way along the coast.They are building a new marina just as you come into KaÅŸ whıch wıll be very nice when finished. Everything was as you said.The only Question i wonder if  anyone on the forum can answer is.We were in ALTINKUM way back in 1996 and went on a 3 day tour to EPHESUS  fırst and  then onto PAMUKALE and then returning to ALTINKUM.Today when we went to KAÅŸ i was sure that i Recognised a part of the town  a road junctiön wıth sıgns sayıng (FETHIYA AND MUGLA) and next to the petrol station . Being not sure exactly where abouts in Turkey PAMUKALE is could we have passed through here. or have Ä° had another out of body experience as once happend in 1994 in RHODES (vıew from hotel room overlooking the pool  had seen before) Spooky or what????.

Jimmo  8) 8) 8) in Kalkan NOW with Beekay and frıends

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
Hi Jimmo,

Maybe cut out the the shorts between the Efes, always helps  >:D ;D >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 06:24:31 PM »
Hi Jimmo,
if you passed through Kas when you went to Ephesus and Pamukale from Altinkum, then your driver took one hell of a detour ;D ;D
I think some parts of Turkey are very alike, particularly in the towns which often have a similar lay out. These deja-vu experiences are the brain tricking you into believing a conversation or an incident has happened before. In fact your brain races ahead momentarily and then instantly reverts back and you find yourself saying things like "I've had this conversation before" or "I've done this before" or "I've been here before" when it seems impossible that you could have.
I seem to have groundhog days in shoe shops....well that's my excuse for the shoe mountain at home :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 08:17:49 AM »
We've been visiting Kalkan for 11 years and had never seen rain in August until this year! And what about the flying ants afterwards?!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
one Thomas cook flight 9th August - 24th August

Started by suzyq1 on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 11:02:05 AM
by suzyq1
xx
weekend rain

Started by Babs on Weather

10 Replies
Last post July 29, 2009, 10:20:48 PM
by claire
xx
Damn Rain or MisSilver

Started by Pompeyalbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 06:33:15 AM
by DRBD
xx
rain in kalkan today

Started by kalcamp on Weather

6 Replies
Last post August 28, 2008, 06:21:51 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0321.JPG

Views: 3281
By: fidimax
Yali Beach Club