Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: January (weather etc) in Kalkan  (Read 29711 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: January (weather etc) in Kalkan
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
Sunday 20th......woke up to brilliant sunshine. I like to keep the terrace clear of leaves and such but the last couple of days had been a bit windy, not a good idea to sweep up leaves in the wind as in sure you know  ;). But this morning it was very calm so perfect sweeping the terrace. I'm a bit sad (so the wife tells me) as I love cleaning the terrace, something very satisfying  ::). Well it was surreal the sun on my back / face, lovely and warm looking out over the Medi as i sweept, I was a very happy bunny  8). Funny how the small things in life..... 8)

It took me a good half hour as there was plenty of leaves etc after the winds of the last couple of days, I even got a slight sweet on. Terrace swept it was time to wake up the BH with her breakfast in bed, I sat on the balcony with mine thinking 'this is the life'  ;) 8) ;)

After breakfast we laid on sunbeds for 4 hours and it was hot only losing the sun for short periods of cloud cover, is it really January I kept thinking  ??? ??? ???.

Well it's nearly time for us to go home, flights out of Antalya on Tuesday   :'( so this has to be my last 'report' for a few weeks. But not all bad as we plan to drive back out in mid Feb, can't wait.....London to Kalkan via France, Italy, Greece and who knows where else   ???.

I was chatting to one of our kids the other night on Skype and she asked me what was the highlight of our trip ( just under a month, longest amount of time we have ever spent in Kalkan ) oh I said that's a tough one as we have had such a fab time and done lots and lots of things, I was trying to think of an answer when it hit me, it was obvious, I was thinking to hard...the best thing about this trip......just been in Kalkan  8) 8) 8)

Adios for now onelove.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 07:46:41 AM »
Thanks Onelove that has really cheered me up on a cold snowy Monday morning.  Hurry up July!!!    8)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06:58 AM »
Sorry Bob & Jayne, not meant to 'wind' you up   8). Just the truth  :angel:

Monday morning.....another bright and sunny morning here in paradise looks like its going to be another lovely day me thinks  8)  >:D  8)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »
Hi Onelove, no it has just helped pass the time in my office this morning thinking about Kalkan.  Have really enjoyed reading your daily reports.

Jayne

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »
Onelove have a safe trip home .. Already Looking forward to your next trip !  for our daily updates.  :laugh:
 :laugh:

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
Gale force winds now.You certainly need a hard hat if you intend going out in Kalkan this evening.The most unusual items blowing down the streets and flying around in the air!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
We are in Aubergine at the moment, all sorts flying down the harbour road. Plastic tenting could take of anytime now.  Hard hats indeed needed  :o

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
The wind is proper crazy now, Aubergine sign down, van in car park area next to Fener hit by
big wooden part of roof blown down from doy doy level, waiters running about like mad men
trying to tie things down, and losing the battle. Hope no one gets hurt, all sorts flying through
the harbour  :o :-[ :o :o

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »
Hi onelove, first of all I hope you're ok/safe and haven't been blown away?! Second, thank you for posting these I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them, certainly cheered me up whilst looking out on sleet and snow! Got me very excited about May! Thank you! Third, please could you tell me how to find the blog about driving to Kalkan, I'm probably being daft but I can't see the feedback box. Thank you again. Please update so we know you're safe.  :)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 07:43:37 PM »
ILoveOttomanChicken, onelove was referring to the KTLN blog of their drive from Kalkan to the UK, I have just read it myself..

http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/component/content/article/186-travel-blogs/54961-turkey-to-uk-kalkan-to-canakkale

I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
Thank you hobbo, should make an interesting bedtime read!  ;D

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »
Hi ILOC, yes we got home safely thanks very much, albeit a Proper scare as we came into Gatwick to land...it was just after 19:00 foggy and very dark as I looked out of the plane window, then a couple of lights appeared along with a few tree tops, we flew over the M25 and the airport car parks came into view ( those that fly into Gatwick will know how close to landing you are when you see the start of the car parks ) all of a sudden the engines roared into life, I shite
myself with the sudden noise and the airplane banked to the right and started to make the steepest climb I have even seen....in a word...terrifying  :'(.   It felt like we were in one of those disasters films, me and the oh just looked at each other, not a word was spoken, and held hands over the spare seat between us ( we had 3 seats to ourselves ) There was not a sound from the passengers for the next, well, what seemed like at least 5 mins, everyone was in shock , well I was anyway.....after we had climbed above the clouds and the plane levelled out I started to calm down, still no chit chat from passengers. The captain, calm as you like,came over on the tanoy and said sorry about that but there was still a plane on the runway so we had to 'Pull Up' we will have you on the ground in 10mins...25 mins later we landed, there was loads of cheering and clapping as you would expect  :o

I have looked at forums about aborted landings and to my amazement they 'happen all the time' or more often than you would think, and they are not even investigated  :o :o :o

So we are back in dark, cold dreary London  >:(.  Albeit we can now start planning our drive so plenty to keep my mind off the dreadful weather. We hope to start the drive on or about the 12th Feb.   look out for our blog on KTLN. We have flights booked back to the uk on the 5th March ( another grandkid due on the 19th March so need to be back in plenty of time ) then have flights booked back to paradise on the 10th April with NO return.....the start of my dream to spend say 2/3 months at a time in paradise, with trips back to the uk for say 2/4 weeks at a time. work can 'do one' from now on, a new way of life awaits us.....we both realise its a Massive thing to do but hey ho you only live once  8) >:D 8)

Serefe onelove.

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 01:28:08 PM »
Wow! I am now insanely jealous! 2-3 months in heaven! Can't wait to read your driving blog, you're excellent at writing these posts. I actually feel like I'm there! Hairy times on the plane, OH would have been in flap!

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2013, 06:43:31 AM »
We must have had the most amazing weather in Kalkan overnight  -  I slept through it!!! Went out at 7am this morning to feed the cats in town,street and owned.There are piles of hailstones everywhere and some areas of white.It looks like snow flakes but is actually white lumps of ice.Weird!!! Not really cold, so guess it wont last long.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »
Thanks Amber,  I saw some photos on KTLN....Amazing, reading that a local said not seen anything like it in the 25 years they have been in Kalkan.....crazy weather all over the world  ???   :o  ???

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »
Turks are saying they have never seen anything like it in Kalkan in their lifetime! Great pics on KTLN and on Facebook today.The amazing thing is that the suns been shining all day - really weird!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
Yes the photos on KTLN are truly amazing.  So we have a 'once in a lifetime' weather event, quite something I would of thought ?  I now wonder if this has ever happened in recorded weather history for the Kalkan area.  Anyone out there help ?

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
Started our road trip on Sunday morning......blog on KTLN to follow.....

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »
Have a safe journey and very much looking forward to reading your blog  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan in January

Started by takemethere on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post January 16, 2011, 03:25:23 PM
by Dimetime2
moved
MOVED: Storm in Kalkan 16/17th January 2009

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Weather

0 Replies
Last post January 21, 2009, 07:10:28 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Transfer share, Antalya - Kalkan 18th January 2011

Started by crystal on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 10, 2011, 09:47:16 AM
by crystal
xx
january

Started by molly on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post December 02, 2008, 03:37:16 PM
by fidimax

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal