Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Really good news  (Read 7955 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Really good news
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:15:05 AM »
In case you dont know, i have some really good news.........I have it from a very good source that Kenan (the street nut seller) is back at work and on the road to a full recovering.

We all wish you well Kenan, Kalkan would not be the same place without you  ;) ;) ;)

Does anyone know if KAPSA made a donation to help Kenan and his family while he was injured and unable to work  ??? ??? ???

As a KAPSA donator in the past I would have no problem if a small amount of the large sum
of monies raised were to be used in this way......what do others think ??????

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10023.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Really good news
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
  The news about Kenan has been known for a few days now and I think it's dispicable that you use his case as a way to berate Kapsa. Why do you keep picking on Kapsa? Whats your agenda? I think your names a misnomer

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »
Why are You are you So touchy  ???    What's your problem  ???

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
To use the misfortune of others to promote a peronal agenda which is based on bias and misinformation is, as tonik says, quite despicable.

So here are the facts, from Kenan himself, a personal friend of ours.

He has been working again for 4 weeks. He has fully recovered from what were minor injuries.

He was never attacked by a dog. He is shocked and horrified that some people who do not know what happened have tried to use his accident to generate anti-dog feeling.

He says that the accident was mostly his fault.  He swerved to avoid a dog which was crossing the road, not chasing him, biting him or attacking him - and he lost control of his bike.

Kapsa as a registered charity are bound by the Turkish Rules of Association. Kapsa cannot make a donation to any cause other than the promotion of the welfare of street animals. It would be breaking the law.

However, Onelove is not bound by any such rules. Kenan thanks you for your concern about his financial welfare Onelove and would happilly accept a donation from you if you care to make one.  We can arrange for you to meet him to hand it over in person or you could send it via  a third party of your choice and we will ensure Kenan receives it and provides a receipt.

Over to you Onelove . Now you have the opportunity to demonstrate what a caring and comapssionate fellow you are.

Lantana

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »
I'm so glad, as we all are, that Kenan has made a good recovery and is now back at work. I work in charity and I'm appalled that onelove thought money raised and donated or a specific purpose could be used for something else....? The same rules apply worldwide. My understanding is that there are some other charities in Kalkan that may be in a position to have helped Kenan, and indeed may well have done without shouting from the rooftops. Kalkan seems to be a close-knit community and I feel sure people will have rallied round to help him. This is NOT a KAPSA issue and I don't know why onelove has made it one.
Lantana has made a very good suggestion, onelove...
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline yorkielovit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:45:02 PM »
I read these boards regularly and especially more in the run up to one of my many visits to KK but normally try to stay away from political or hot issues.

I respect what Kaspa do in sometimes very difficult circumstances but am amazed at why every 'dog' issue seems to be theirs to solve. Other charities would not be in other circumstances. I was going to list examples but dont want to offend anyone.

As others have said to use Kenan's situation to score points is appaling onelolve and feel like saying if you haven't got anything good to say, dont say anything.  Oops I did.  :P  >:D

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »
Wonderful post, Lantana!  Lots of good news and excellent suggestions.

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »
Thank you Lantana. I appreciate the update from someone who actually knows of what they speak. Why on earth anyone would have an anti KAPSA agenda is utterly beyond me though. Have these naysayers actually travelled beyond Kalkan and seen what life is like for animals where there is no welfare programme?
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Just want to say that we are in kalkan and last night ate in Kucuk Ev restaurant and Kenan joined us after dinner. We had no idea who he was and he shared his family life and we shared ours with him. He never mentioned anything about anything just his life and we shared a bit of ours. Such a gentleman. Took a photo of Bob wearing his cap! And of course we bought some nuts from him to support him.  Moral in my post. A wonderful man. Enjoy kalkan!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:43:44 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
Onelove - Are you going to reply to Lantana?
Also thank you Lantana for sharing the facts with everyone.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »

Can' t we just let sleeping dogs lie - I think everyone has made their point now

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »
Quite agree Kevincat - enough is enough. 

It would have been nice if somebody had actually bothered to post the true facts about Kenan's accident earlier. 

Thanks Onelove, I know you've had a bit of an ear bashing re your post but at least we now know the facts about Kenan's accident. Glad to hear he is back out and about in Kalkan.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
Cajaran, I believe the true facts were posted several weeks ago. I have done a search but can't find relevant post although I'm sure someone else will be able to. The point is that some people have found it easier to make spurious allegations without recourse to facts leading to the heated discussion we see here and on other threads.

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 11:26:31 PM »
Really - I have not seen any posts relating to Kenan's accident that you mention.  If you do come across them then please do let me know.  In fact Lantana's post was very welcome i.e setting out the true facts of Kenan's accident.

To be honest Tonik - get a life!!!!! Some of these posts/debates are so absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable !!!

As Kevincat said "let sleeping dogs lie" yet some are not prepared to.

Move On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »
To be honest Tonik - get a life!!!!! Some of these posts/debates are so absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable !!!

Don't be so rude just because I reply to you.

Offline Thor the Thunderer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 07:58:23 AM »
Really - I have not seen any posts relating to Kenan's accident that you mention.  If you do come across them then please do let me know. 

Please do let me refresh your memory Cajaran.
The earlier posts about this incident were on a thread also started by onelove pursuing his strange personal agenda against KAPSA, and charmingly entitled "Yeah, I'm proper pi**ed off".
It can be found on http://enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9860.0

It followed an almost identical path to this one, including Lantana, as ever, giving facts about what actually happened as opposed to rumour, speculation, vitriol and bias.
And it included two posts from "Cajaran"...

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »
Well said Thor.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
Here's a thought - today is a day of celebration in Turkey and many other countries, so can you all just drop the bickering for a while and wish our friends Iyi Bayramlar?  Or is this too much to ask when there are petty points to be scored and apparent moral superiority to be attained?  Thought so.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »
Think this thread is ready to be locked now  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Good News/Bad News

Started by maryjane on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post February 13, 2011, 06:10:21 PM
by misty
xx
Good news... or bad news?

Started by MartynE on Money & Finance

0 Replies
Last post May 18, 2013, 06:36:46 AM
by MartynE
xx
Some Good News & Some Bad News

Started by Pompeyalbie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

57 Replies
Last post October 11, 2014, 12:00:46 PM
by Chris_S
xx
Good news

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post January 16, 2015, 05:43:30 PM
by EK Moderator

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal