Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not all Doom and Gloom  (Read 4776 times)

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Not all Doom and Gloom
« on: July 19, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
Water shortages/burglaries/problems with youth of today/people being offended has anyone anything upbeat to say? there must be something positive happening at the moment, what about any events happening in Kalkan any evening entertainment or local events. We are due to come in 3 weeks am really looking forward to my break and all that sunshine its in short supply in Britain at the moment so all you grumpy men and women lighten up please am beginning to feel depressed hope i haven''''t  offended anyone. :-[

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2058.0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:57:20 PM by joanH »

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Doom and Gloom
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
Try reading the "going the extra mile" thread or the Holiday Reviews, they always cheer me up!!
Also Live Music and all that Jazz
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:22:59 PM by joanH »

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »
There was a great Quiz Night going on at the Kaya restaurant on Tuesday nights (don''t know if the organizer is still doing it though). 

The sea is warm, there are great excursions to go on, the sun is shining, the mossies are gone and the beer and wine are cold!

;D
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »
Great this is more positive glad the mossies have gone am pleased about that, they absolutely love me my son works at Millets i get expedition strength to ward them off ! Will they still be absent in August do you think ? I love swimming in the sea and am missing the sunshine and the turkish people. Feel better already. 8)

Offline Babadag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
Well. we have had the most fantastic 2 weeks for the 3rd year running. Highlights too numerous to mention all but a jeep trip with Light Tours up to the top of Smoke mountain has to get a mention. Delicious barbecue on top of the mountain with Alpine Swifts swooping around our heads and more butterflies than I have ever seen. Also the usual lovely food on a boat trip, good meals every night with such friendly waiters. Today we hired a jeep and went off the beaten track to Pinara and Sidyma - such atmospheric places and no other tourists. Swimming in the breakers at Patara and wandering around the ruins there, another lovely day.
Yes, there have been water cuts, the forest fire, road work noise but if you accept it there is no way it needs to spoil your holiday.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 05:16:45 PM »
Good to hear that Babadag, perhaps you could do a full report of the Holiday Review Thread,? Pretty please.  :laugh:

Offline annaron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
Thank you for that positive report, we were starting to regret booking with all the negative comments, we had considered changing destination. I know there can be negative parts of a holiday but it just started to feel we had picked the wrong place. O0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
annaron dont worry however much people moan and groan, guess it is human nature, I am sure you will love Kalkan, shame a few bad things have happened but I have been 3 times and never felt safer anywhere, and whilst there must be an odd bad apple somewhere in the barrell the vast majority are warm wonderful and very welcoming, guess we would be hard pressed to find anywhere in the world that is truely perfect, but sure you wont get a fraction of the bad things happening as you would in England Spain etc. It is a super place to holiday and I know I am missing it like mad this year, just trying a couple of other resorts out, but they are going to have to be amazing to beat Kalkan. So when you go give it my love I will be back.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 09:59:03 AM »
I guess I am a guilty of being a bit doom and gloom having had a rant on the Victor Meldrew thread about commuters and a moan on the politics and debate topic. So today I will be more positive. We had a wonderful holiday in Kalkan in June. Beautiful weather, fabulous restaurants, lazy days at sea etc. The people as always so welcoming and friendly. We are back in September and I can''t wait. Looking forward to some sunshine, lying by the pool reading a good book, boat trips and trying out some new restaurants and our old favourites. Already looking at flights for next year! Must try that trip babadag, it sounds wonderful.

Offline kalkanchris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »
I agree with you Lorretta, we visited kalkan twice last year, may & sept, and it was wonderful, my sister is coming with us this time in sept, it will be her first visit to kalkan and i am always telling her about the lovley things that we will do and see, so i will not be telling her about the Gloom & Doom because it may dissapoint her, and i do not want that, hope to see you at the meet on the 14th september.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »
Hi Kalkan Chris,
I am hoping to be at the meet up. Not sure what our plans are yet as we never have an itinerary in Kalkan, just go with the flow!

Offline rosie2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 07:15:17 AM »
Just got back form Kalkan yesterday  :( :( - first visit
    - I will do a full holiday report this week on Kalkan ( I start a new job today) - but just to answer one question - yes Kaya are still doing the quiz night on a Tuesday - really good fun - and also the food is fantastic - as well as the magician doing his cards tricks a very good night out.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »
What do you think Jacquiviva? Would you like to go back to your original post and modify the title to "Not All Doom and Gloom"?
 ;D
Joan

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »
Yes Joan can you modify i am not sure how to do it.
Think this would be for the best.
Jacqui

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Re: Not all Doom and Gloom
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
I have modified the title for you. I think we have established that there is still lots of reasons to visit Kalkan and that it is still the special place that brings people back year after year.
Look forward to your holiday, I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves.
Joan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
More Doom!

Started by bazza1970 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 09:55:21 AM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara on the rocks

Views: 3838
By: Rosire
Kalkan cat