Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Alternatives - Split from anything bad about Kalk  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Kalkan Alternatives - Split from anything bad about Kalk
« on: January 17, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »
Hi Ginger 1,

Have you any advice or recommendations of taking a trip to Thailand?  Am looking to put together a trip to celebrate my B''day next December (2009) and Thailand plus somewhere else appeals.  Your comments about the food touched my taste buds!  Or if anyone has any recommends I''d love to hear.  I am aware it''s not a Kalkan topic, so welcome to PM me.  Want to make it special, so would be looking for location and service and great food.  Would also consider Maldives?  As Kalkan lovers all, where do I go for the ''Magic''!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1015.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
Hi Kim,

Feel free to create a new topic in the everything else area - there was a similar topic here

Never been to Thailand but went to Kuredu in the Maldives which was lovely! I can always add some photos to tempt you if you wish!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »
Have a friend who has just returned from 4 weeks in Mauritius. She was born there but came over here many years ago and this her first visit back in a long time. She absolutely loved the whole experience. beautiful island, friendly people, glorious weather and excellent value for money. Maybe worth a thought?

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
Thanks itstime,

We actually had our honeymoon there!  Got married in The Seychelles and then spent 6 nights at Le Touessrok in Mauritius.  Had such a fab time, we vowed not to go back for a while as we felt we could never re-create the total Magic time we had.

Maybe we should re-consider!

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »
Hi Kim,
We went to Thailand last July and also stayed three days in Singapore. I really fell in love with Singapore and would highly recommend it, plenty to see and do and the people are lovely (and they all speak english so you fit in straight away). We then went onto a resort in Thailand called Hua Hin, we stayed at the Sofitel Central Hotel, this was probably the nicest Hotel that I have ever stayed in, its a restored colinal period building from the early part of last century, its been restored perfectly and the staff were delightful. The only down side to Thailand, is no matter what resort you stay at, there is always a varying degree of sleaze, but then thats one of the things its known for. Hua Hin was not nearly as bad as Phuket or Pataya.
As you have been to the Indian Ocean area before, have you considered Kenya? We have been there many times and have had our best holidays there. I know that the TV News is full of the election problems at the moment, but these will blow over and everything will settle down. We stay on the coast about 80miles norh of Mombassa in a town called Watamu. There are very good hotels there and lots to see and do, especially if you go on safari, which if you have never been before is an unforgetable experience. If you want any more info PM me.
Its a very big world with lots of choice these days!! 

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »
Thanks Pete, yes Kenya appeals, I guess the current situation out there hasn''t helped, but as you say, will probably die down.  I will PM you re getting some tips from you, thanks again...

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »
Hi Kim

if you need any info on Mauritius just PM me. My friend still has loads of family over there and seems to be a mine of information about it.

Offline ginger1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
H Kim

I have made a list that may be of help to you

1  Kalkan every year you know why.

2  South Goa the Taj Exotica Hotel.  Wonderful people excellent sea food.  Sitting in a shack on the beach, feet in the sand, grilled huge king prawns on a plate and a cold beer.  Heaven

3 Thailand we stayed in a villa with it''s own pool just google  samuiescapes ( escape villa)The  Thais are warm and friendly.  Food to die for in Koh Samui.  Stunning scenery

4 South Africa Beautiful country great sea food be careful on a night time

5 The Seychelles absolutely beautiful

6 Dubai the biggest building site in the world yet still awesome

7 The Maldives for beauty out of this world however,  I  became a little cabin crazy the same table for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  We stayed in the Kuramathi Blue Lagoon rated 4 star - it isn''t.  If you chose the Maldives please go all inclusive

8  Malaysia we chose the wrong place Penang fab hotel however you could not swim in the sea. Borneo and Langkawi a totally different story

I hope you find what you are looking for

9  Sharm el Sheik  fantastic people fab hotels but not for us.  I lived in Egypt many years ago and Sharm does not hold the same magic.  It is too new and too commercial however great for diving

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Alternatives to Kalkan

Started by dshiels on Other Resorts

25 Replies
Last post May 09, 2010, 06:30:17 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Alternatives to Turkey and Kalkan

Started by Alfaman on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post September 07, 2010, 05:00:48 AM
by kris kadin
xx
any bad points about kalk

Started by sunlover on General Discussion

42 Replies
Last post January 19, 2008, 03:05:44 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Alternatives to Thomas Cook

Started by dshiels on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 10:25:17 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal