Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: English TV  (Read 19485 times)

Offline Clive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
English TV
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »

Hi,

I live here and watch BBC and ITV via iplayer on my computer, I first connect to Expat Shield, for the last 2 days it says I am not in the UK so unable to view, would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you.

Clive.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12939.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: English TV
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 10:42:40 AM »
For a nominal fee and no ads, you can subscribe to my-private-network.co.uk which is very stable and easy to connect to. 
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
UnoTelly is also an excellent service, also allows you to change Netflix regions :)

Offline rookie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »
Just download Filmon then you have all English channels

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »
I agree Rookie, FilmOn works well for us in Kalkan. All the UK channels live and of course it is free, unless you want to watch in HD.

Cheers
Tyros

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 04:31:03 PM »
Hi Tyros,

I tried using a uk vpn to watch some English TV on my tablet in June but didn't work, TV channels recognised I was not in UK.

I looked at FILMON website here (England) today & saw the proviso that made me think you couldn't watch from outside UK.  You really don't have to use any other technology for it to be successful ?

If so might try that in October.

Lucy Lou   

Offline Now retired

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »
I was in Kalkan in May and watched FA Cup final live using Film On through good wifi connection.
There was no buffering and I only received one advertisement during the whole game.
Just a simple connection to TVs using HDMI lead.

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 05:01:20 PM »
Hi Lucy Lou, no other technology required and as I said FilmOn works in Kalkan over local Internet connection with no problems. We use the free version of FilmOn. For radio we use Tunein which is also free.

Cheers
Tyros

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 03:16:04 PM »
Noticed this old post & thought I'd add a suggestion. There is a method of watching live telly & films which isn't illegal called streaming. What you need is a media box with an application called Kodi on it, this allows you to connect via the Internet to streams. I use an Amazon Firetv stick which connects via an HDMI cable, £34 from Amazon or Argos, add the application & then configure it. I took it last week to see if it worked and it was fine.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
So the Firestick works in Turkey?
We already have one and BH watches everything he wants in the Garden Room (Man Creche) at home. is it just a question of taking it with us and connecting to a TV or laptop?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 04:26:23 PM »
To TV then connect to Internet as you would at home, I just thought I'd try it  & it was fine

Offline Mike

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
Hi

Before i get out to Kalkan i wanted to ask about internet streaming UK TV and movies.

Instead of using apps on ipads/laptops or phones - I wanted to use a TV in the new villa simply because it has a bigger screen size especially to view movies. So i got an Amazon firestick to take over to Kalkan to try internet TV. My first question is if Netflix  actually works in Kalkan or is it blocked? If it does stream ok is it a regional version offering only Turkish TV/movies ?       

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread I did go a stage further and loaded Kodi on to the Amazon firestick which allowed me to add Filmon (for UK TV) AND also a movie addon - "Exodus" i think its called. It all works fine here on my UK TV but its another thing to try in Kalkan. Sounds all a bit techy i know but its actually fairly easy even for a novice like me. So if it all works on the TV in Kalkan i will be well chuffed. Just wondered if anyone tried this ?

I know there are other approaches (VPN etc) but i wanted to try these first.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »
I don't understand all that tech stuff to be honest. Over the years we have tried loads of diff ways to get uk tv in Kalkan without to much joy. We now have IPTV and it's great.

You have to pay to have it installed then pay a yearly fee. We get more channels than we do in the uk. Your more than welcome to come to our villa to see it working if you want ?
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 06:03:10 AM »
Hi onelove. Where do you get IPTV from and how much is the yearly subscription please. Also can you get sports channels through that too like sky sports and by sports if you don't mind me asking

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »
Hi Mike......we have the firestick with Kodi on and tried it at our apartment without success......I think that it may be possible to get it working there but I think you must have to do something more to achieve this.......maybe a further download etc....

Our computer chap we know said that if you change the time zone to bring it in line with turkey then it would work......but we could not get this to work either.......You tube will work for videos but everything else wont.......BBC I player for example wont work...as the tv license ( which pays for the bbc ) covers UK use only......so the challenge continues in April to try to get to the bottom of it

For the moment,Oneloves package is looking the best option for full usage

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »
Hi onelove. Where do you get IPTV from and how much is the yearly subscription please. Also can you get sports channels through that too like sky sports and by sports if you don't mind me asking

We get it through Recep (Opp the taxi rank)

It has all the sports channels, full Sky Sports & BT Sports + loads of foreign sports channels that show live 3pm kick offs. Also get lots of free movie channels, many more than we get in the uk via our Virgin package. History, Discovery, National Geo, BBC, ITV, channel 4/5 etc etc etc. We even get MUTV, Chelsea TV, Rangers TV, to many to list to be honest.

Regarding how much, I will confirm later as we are due to pay this years subscription this week.

Hope this helps 👍

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »
Oh thank you onelove we get our internet through Recep and he has mentioned a box with subscription to us before so it's good to know it works well from him. No bother letting me know the cost as I think it will be the one he quoted us I think you pay more for the 1 st year as this includes the box and then it's cheaper the following years. Very helpful thank you. Chrissy

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
Sorry onelove one more question is there any catch up tv on the IPTV THANKS

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »
Sorry onelove one more question is there any catch up tv on the IPTV THANKS

I've never tried, but don't think so

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 01:07:02 PM »
A cheaper option is 'Apple TV'. If you have Sky/Virgin in the uk you can get everything on your iPhone then with Apple TV you can 'air drop' it onto your tv here in Kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
TV in English

Started by Cosetta on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post August 27, 2010, 01:02:43 PM
by Cosetta
xx
English weather !

Started by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on Weather

3 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 08:18:00 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
English Songs

Started by jeanne65 on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 11:44:25 PM
by Princess369
xx
Mad Dogs and English Men

Started by mcrterry on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
by mcrterry

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal