Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Croatia beaten on home soil  (Read 2819 times)

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Croatia beaten on home soil
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »
Croatia have at last been beaten at home, sweet revenge for England who beat them 4-1 yesterday. 2 wins out of 2. great start to their World Cup campaign,
   A very big well done to John Terry and the lads, especially Theo Walcott for his hatrick.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2380.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Croatia beaten on home soil
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »
i was critical of them after a lacklustre performance against Andora..but credit where it''s due they did well and surprised most of us....even Mr Bilic has stopped chirping  ;) ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »
Shame that there were allegedly racist comments made towards Heskey during the game, but that''s what you get for including John Terry in your team and giving him responsibility!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »
how can John Terry have an effect on the racist chanting of Croatian fans? even the Croatian players were ashamed of the treatment Heskey recieved...must say i thought Heskey has acted  with more dignity than these people will ever have..nothing will change until the sports governing bodies hit these people hard..just look at shameful treatment of Lewis Hamilton in Spain and what was done?....nothing

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:41 AM »
BL - Try and keep up!  I was suggesting that it was possibly Terry making the comments, given his strongly alleged less than spotless track record in that area.

I experienced this sort of behaviour from so-called football fans in the Czech Republic.  During one Sparta Prague game, the announcers rather sarcastically reminded the morons in the crowd that their own team had two African players, after which the monkey noises stopped.  Similarly, the fans at Liberec, CR''s equivalent of Middlesbrough, made similar noises against Heskey when he was at Liverpool.  They also slated Smicer for having "betrayed" his home nation and Owen for being vertically challenged.  Delightfully, each scored within minutes of the comments being made! 

Sadly, some of these countries, many of them now our partners in a modern and cosmopolitan Europe, seem to be about 30 years behind the times, in this and many other ways.

As far as shameful treatment of Lewis Hamilton goes, I would look back to just last Sunday.  Any racist overtones there?........

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »
the operative word is "alleged"...were he a spurs player would you have mentioned him?

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:48:17 AM »
It was as a result of his comments to Ledley King two years ago that I mentioned him, as well as for other "alleged" stories that came out afterwards.  It was just a little joke, which was clearly not appreciated.  That said, I really just don''t like him or his club or their general attitude.

Are Brum fans allowed to discuss Croatia, given Martin Taylor''s two-footed attempt last season to deprive them of their only real striker?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
i was unable to "keep up" as i was unaware of any "alleged" accusations against Terry..i find it difficult that after a decent performance by an England side,one that we have waited long enough for!!  the negatives are picked on and it becomes overshadowed by racism. I may also add that if i am willing to pay my money to watch England play i am entitled to comment, regardless of whether i support Brum or Accrington Stanley ;)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:11:33 AM »
If you can find your usual sense of humour, I''ll get my coat and clear off of this subject.  I am delighted that England had a very good win in midweek and that the racist idiots failed to have any effect, although I fail to see why any aspect of the game, positive or negative, ever needed mentioning on this forum in the first place.  For those that missed it, Turkey had a disappointing draw at home to Belgium, which would at least have kept both Arif and Heidi at Likya happy.

Have a lovely weekend.  My work e-mail system is failing, so I need to push for an early departure!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkey v Croatia

Started by coppers1 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 21, 2008, 03:47:38 PM
by fidimax
xx
Home Sweet Home

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 09:45:23 AM
by Karen01
xx
going home

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2013, 07:20:47 PM
by joycie
xx
Home again

Started by Darcy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 07:46:27 PM
by Darcy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gemelier Beach

Views: 3351
By: lorilou
Istanbul history