Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Excellent Turkish grammar book (only?) available on Kindle  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I have just discovered a brilliant Turkish grammar book. It's called "The Turkish Language Explained for English Speakers" and is by a guy called John Guise, who is also responsible for the Manisa Turkish website: http://www.turkishlanguage.co.uk/index.htm

He starts from the premise that if you have been educated in classical languages (as I was) then you will find some of the Turkish syntactical constructions difficult and he explains them in a way which was akin to light bulbs coming on in my brain!

It's not a "Teach Yourself" book really, because I think you would have to have a reasonable grounding in Turkish grammar (and, to a lesser extent, vocabulary) to get the best out of it but, for the serious student of Turkish, it seems to me to be a real gem.

I have it on my Kindle and it looks as though that's the only format it's currently available in. It would be useful to have a dead tree version too, as it's easier to flick back and forth through a real book, so let's hope they do publish hard copy as well at some stage.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9541.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Bath - Behind Yali?? do I need to book?

Started by jennywren on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post September 04, 2012, 01:15:46 PM
by jennywren
xx
JET2 - to book or not to book?

Started by trolleyhead on Flights and Travel

32 Replies
Last post September 26, 2011, 09:41:41 PM
by helen1
xx
Just back from an excellent 2 weeks....

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 06:36:48 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Excellent hotel in Istanbul

Started by Mags on Other Resorts

6 Replies
Last post October 27, 2011, 12:13:43 PM
by Mags

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Boat Trip

Views: 59
By: antler
Kapsa kitten