Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Would anyone like to see a "proper" live music venue in Kalkan?  (Read 11998 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Would anyone like to see a "proper" live music venue in Kalkan?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »
Not sure what he trying to soundproof, but logically won''t this event be held outside in the summer season??

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
Very good point, Kevincat - who''d want to be inside with all doors & windows shut (as they would have to be to keep soundproof) on a summer''s night in Kalkan?

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
As a neighbour I will be directly affected by this. I am however, prepared to see for myself what the situation is regarding live music at the Nur (if it does indeed go ahead) before I pass judgement. I know Baris personally and I think the last thing on his mind would be to upset people. He is a business man trying new things, he is not trying to change Kalkan or spoil it. Cut him a bit of slack before shooting him down in flames. As for you (lucky) residents, if you have any concerns why not approach him directly and discuss your issues with him.
Mark
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 04:41:04 PM »
I agree with Brooksie - as a very close neighbour to the Nur - the thought of booming music all night fills me with horror....but then when you think of it logically - why on earth would Baris cheese all the visitors and owners of the Nur apartments and hotel by deliberately upsetting them with loud music all night...  He is an intelligent business man and that just doesn''t make any sense so we should and will have to trust his judgement before we start making accusations and assumptions.

Cheers!  :)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »
Ok, now the cat is out of the bag I have to say I agree with the Feds and Brooksie. We have two (well three, if you count the studio) apartments right next to the Nur Hotel - they used to be part of it - and if anyone will be affected, frankly, it''s going to be us more than anyone else.

Baris is a really nice guy, we know him very well and he is very worried about annoying regulars and residents. Rest assured, the last thing he wants to do is turn Kalkan into another Marmaris. He has a lot of taste, and just wants to provide a facility for people who like live music to be able to enjoy it in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.  He also has his own hotel residents to think about. It''s a family hotel, after all.

We are talking bar bands rather than full heavy metal concerts..... that part of the Nur only holds about 50 people tops, so really loud music just won''t be on the agenda.

Obviously as a musician myself I''m biased, but I''m sure it will be fine.  Trust me.  ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 05:24:06 PM »
If the sound proofing is done right live music should not affect anyone living nearby,I like live music rather than recorded music,it gives you a chance to see real musicians doing what they do best,good luck to baris and his new project,I hope to have a look in when its all up and running,and hopefully nobody will be affected by anything. >:D >:D >:D >:D O0 8)

" Keep it live" >:D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:25:43 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 05:46:51 PM »
wer jammin,i wanna jammit wi you..wer jammin ..i hope you like jammin tooooooo  O0

takes a bow........i thank you!!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »
Now theres a thought,Dreadlock lizard,YA MON  O0 8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:00:18 PM by fidimax »

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
Have I missed something here? We seem to have gone from being asked for our views on a potential live music venue 3 days ago on behalf of the hotel owner to now hearing that work is taking place on the venue. Does that mean we were wasting our time posting views?

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 08:15:46 PM »
Jonas Brothers are an all American Clean Living band that girls aged 12-16 are in love with !!

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
Kalkan regular
Nobody on this thread is posting any views on behalf of the Hotel owner, let''s not make assumptions.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
Baris at the Nur is obviously doing this work to provide live music and one must therefore assume that he obviously already has a plan in mind-otherwise why do it?
Of all these people who know him, has anyone actually asked him what this plan might be?
This would then maybe avoid all this speculation perhaps?

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »
Having re read the original thread I now realise that I had misunderstood the intention of the original post. The poster, Martyn, says that the hotelier was wondering how many of us would use the live music venue ("I don''''t want to disclose any details at this stage because it''''s only an idea and he would like to gauge likely demand before taking it too far - ie soundproofing, equipment, re-arranging accommodation etc.").

I mistakenly thought the post was asking for our opinion of Kalkan having a live music venue. I also was mislead by the comment that ''the hotelier was wondering'' and made an assumption that this enquiry was being done with his agreement. Obviously from Brooksies comment it wasn''t.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »
Glad we live up the hill! Taxi anyone? >:D

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 01:16:49 AM »
I think I need to clarify something... Baris has not asked me to post a question on this, or any other forum. My views are my own, not his. He can speak for himself! Please do not get the impression that I am speaking for Baris or acting on his behalf in any way.

I was simply asking a question out of my own curiosity, because Baris asked me whether I thought it was a good idea to open a live music venue.  I told him what I thought a few weeks ago, when the subject came up, but it recently occurred to me that other people might have different views and I thought I would pass those views on to him next time I speak to him, which I will. But he certainly has not asked me to do so - and it appears that he may have made a decision anyway. If so, that''s his prerogative.

I hope that clarifies the situation.  :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 09:55:39 AM »
Think we have explored this one enough now  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal