Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: trio  (Read 6254 times)

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
trio
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:50:38 PM »
Hi there - has anyone dined in Trio - I see it is a new restaurant not one we visited on our last visit.

Worth a visit??

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=725.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: trio
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »
Hi,

Four of us had a meal in Trio in July and it was really nice. Not the cheapest in Kalkan but the food and atmosphere was really good and the waiters just couldnt do enough for you and were really friendly. The menu also had a good variety of local and more sophisticated dishes.

The bar area looked really nice aswell but we didnt get chance to try it.

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:36:04 PM »
Yes it was very nice, my son a very fussy eater had to go back twice as he said there steak with garlic butter was the best he ever had.

Offline pussygalore

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:53:52 PM »
We had two fabulous evening meals at Trio,the staff are so friendly.Try the fresh fish of the day,well worth a visit. We also had a couple of good lunches....give Ali our love......only 10 days to go!!

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »
I checked out the Trio website and it looks good...I''ll be sure to try the steak and fish! :P

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »
the website is www.triokalkan.com

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
Poor food and service the night we were there in August. Sorry folks!

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »
Fantastic food when we were there in May and August. However in August it was so very busy so maybe that affected the quality for some.
The service was excellent and they have nice little touches. I was so full after my main course, when asked if I wanted dessert I replied "nothing for me thankyou". The waiter asked me how I wanted my nothing and I replied "with icecream". We all laughed and I thought no more until my Nothing arrived. A plate with nothing written in chocolate sauce and a scoop of icecream with a sparkler in it. Fantastic little touches like that really make your holiday.
I will be back in Kalkan next week and Trio will certainly be on my list to visit especially for the steak in fig and red wine sauce and my plate of Nothing!!

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
Clarborough

Thats sounds like a very positive review of trio....I will defintely give it a go when we are there only 9 days to go!!!

Plate of nothing sounds delicious!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »
Mmm - I think that plate of nothing is doing the rounds of Kalkan - I agree that it is a nice touch though...!!  I''m trying to remember the restaurant where my son got exactly the same plate of nothing....but it wasn''t the Trio coz we haven''t yet eaten there..  :(  (but then again - as it''s new - maybe it was whereever the previous people were...??  ??? ??? and they just brought the idea with them!!)!!   ::)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:08:20 PM »
Sounds good for those on a calorie controled diet ;) wish I was good enough to ask for nothing but hey its a holiday :angel:

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30:05 PM »
Diet??!!  What diet...impossible given the temptations in Kalkan!!

>:D >:D >:D!!!

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:01 PM »
Just back this morning....yuk!!! :-[ Have to say that our best meal of the week was at Trio, where Ali and the boys looked after us so well and where I had the best sea bass ever!!

Quite funny that, in ear shot of other diners, the maitre d'' said "Oh yes, I saw you on the Internet!!" God knows what they all must have thought.   

So, if the guys at Trio are reading this, thanks as always for looking after us so well.

Jo and Richard xx

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »
Lucky you!! I know I''m biased, but I love that restaurant! Cankaya and grouper (spelling??) fish as a special treat can''t be beaten. If you''re lucky enough to get a table with a view of the moonlight over the harbour then you''re in Kalkan heaven! My brother-in-law is a fussy eater and he rates the food (especially the steaks) at Trio too - so it can''t just be me!! :) Just sad that it will be a long time until we return again. But reading these posts (and looking at the millions of photos!!) keeps the memories alive!

Offline City Chick

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 02:23:48 PM »
Can thoroughly recommend Trio.  I would put it in my top 3 of the more expensive restaurants in Kalkan (along with Coast and Olive Garden).  The steaks were excellent.  I think like most of the larger restaurants you can wait quite a while when they are full and at peak times.  But when you are on holiday what does it really matter?  I know one of the owners well from previous holidays and he and his partners have done a great job.  That said, I prefer the bar in Aubergine ''Tiki Bar''.  But then I''m a great believer is spreading the money around.  They all need it.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »
i also believe in spreading my dosh around..i do hate to see a poor bar owner,i''m constantly trying to improve there wealth  :D :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkaner07

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:19 AM »
hi everyone... :D trio is still our favorite resaturant,try seabass in their specials menu,dont miss it...

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
Yes very good - the childrens/snack menu is great value. By the end of our holiday my 6 year old daugter was insisting on seabass and chips for lunch (about £4 and very nice).

Offline EmKarl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
We really liked it here too! Very friendly and attentive staff (merhaba to Murat, Ayhan and Ali who looked after us!), nice romantic tables by the water when it was warm enough to sit out (and a cute pot boiler to keep us warm inside when it wasn''t!!) Extensive menu to cater to both our tastes...I loved the Turkish dishes but Karl had a tough job choosing anything but the steaks as he liked them so much! Oh, and good cocktails...from what i can remember! Would highly recommend. :D

Offline EmKarl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 09:36:22 PM »
 As previously mentioned I would highly recommend this resturant, the prawn casserole starter is to die for! The owners take such excellent care of you and your wine glass is never empty! Murat in particular was friendly and professional and you can see he takes real pride in his business and the level of service you receive. A real bonus on our return in May was seeing that Yavuz  the barman has returned for the season  - what a lovely chap he is. Sofra is also definately worth a visit for the leg of lamb but have to say Trio for quality of food, service , location and excellent staff wins my vote.... now when can we go back again!!!??? .... :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
TRIO

Started by Debbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 11, 2008, 04:04:19 PM
by Alfaman
xx
Trio - A Must!!

Started by Jazb on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post July 06, 2012, 05:53:48 AM
by onelove
xx
Trio Restaurant

Started by caradog on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2012, 11:29:59 AM
by Bexscho
xx
Breeze, Coast, Trio.

Started by holidayfever on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post June 16, 2008, 12:35:28 PM
by sallyson

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal