Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The best restaurant? Found at last  (Read 2659 times)

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Frequent visitor to Kalkan
    • Share Post
The best restaurant? Found at last
« on: August 25, 2008, 08:26:44 AM »
Having recently criticised the “value for money” and standard of the restaurants in Kalkan (and been slaughtered for my comments) I thought I should give credit where it was due.

A recent post reccommended a restaurant on the Kalkan – Kas road (can’t remember it’s name, just past Kaputas) for fresh fish. After being quoted a rip off 75 lire for two fish we quickly left and made our way to a family run restaurant “Gümüş’ün Yeri” (opposite Adems on the Kas road) we have frequented for the past 6 years, great views, great welcome and OK food.

Wow!  what a change in the quality of food, it is excellent. How come the transformation? Ali & Aysun Benli have been joined by Ali’s brother Hüseyin & his wife Beyhan to run the restaurant. Hüseyin worked at the Korsan for many years & is now responsible for the kitchen & menu. 
We enjoyed many good meals in Kalkan including: The Kebab House, Doy Doy, Trio, Aubergine etc! However, Gümüş’ün Yeri was by far the best for fresh fish, my wife say’s it’s the best she has ever had & I can''t disagree.

I thought you may be interested in an  example of an evening meal we enjoyed there:

Starters:
Calamari – deliciously soft & crispy
Borek – very fresh & home made, crispy & dry

Main Course
Fresh Sea Bass – (deep fried), crispy skin & perfect, served with roast potatoes and baby onion
Grouper Kebab – skewered with lemon, bay leaves & peppers, delicious
Aubergine with tomato sauce & yogurt – words can''t describe how good this was

Desert
I don''t know the name, it was a hot treacly thing made with butter & sugar and served with ice cream, yummy!
Coffees & pistachio Turkish delight

Drinks
A bottle of Lal & 5 Effes ( I know, but I wasn''t driving) Hüseyin provides a free pick up (brother in laws taxi) & drop off: simply call him on: 0532 406 4643 to arrange

Total Cost: 100 lire

All in all, a fantastic meal and a very enjoyable evening. If you fancy a night away from the heat of Kalkan this is the best we have been to.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2286.0

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: The best restaurant? Found at last
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »
Thanks for that Ken, will give it a try in September.

Offline mitch

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »
Hi

Can completely agree with Kensarrived. We went there earlier this month at lunchtime. The food was just fantastic. We enjoyed vegetable/ chicken casseroles and the fresh fish, all delicious. Everything was so fresh and could easily rival any of the top restaurants in Kalkan. Huseyin and his family could not have been more welcoming, and there was a lovely family atmosphere. The views are also stunning from the restaurant and there was a nice cooling breeze.

We will definitely be going again the next time we are in Kalkan  ;D

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:50:53 PM »
We have been going to this restaurant since we first came to Kalkan in 2005...it is our favourite - it has changed a bit this year...the only reason I would say that is not for the better is that we used to love practising our turkish, and getting into hand signal conversations...but now we have the "guy" from Korsan who speaks perfect english so we new exactly what we had ordered for lunch...but above that - the views and food are top notch!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just found you.................

Started by red24 on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post September 03, 2010, 07:18:36 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Anyone found a shoe?!

Started by Joules on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post April 01, 2011, 07:08:40 PM
by maryjane
xx
Thank God I found Kalkan first!

Started by headroom on Other Resorts

6 Replies
Last post March 18, 2014, 03:11:44 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Lost and not found.

Started by les_ross on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 02:37:36 PM
by les_ross

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Warrier in Patara

Views: 4036
By: Rosire
The Kittens