Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Terracota pots  (Read 5403 times)

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Terracota pots
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:42:40 PM »
We''re coming over at Easter and want a lot of pots for the garden and pool area. Anyone have any ideas where we can buy in bulk?
I did look in November in the garden centre just up the road from the roundabout but he seemed pretty expensive.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1184.0
Carpe diem

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Terracota pots
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:44:56 AM »
In Kas, on the road opposite the main market area are several small garden centres. The one nearest to the main road junction  - so the last one in the row if you are driving from Kalkan  - has a really good selection of pots at good prices. A few weeks ago when several of our very large pots were broken in a storm we went looking for replacements. One extra large pot at garden centre you mention in Kalkan quoted at 70 lira, exactly the same pot, purchased at this place in Kas was 42 lira.  He told us he would do discounts for bulk purchases.Before you come over I will get name and phone number of this place and send to you.
Lantana

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »
Thanks Lantana that''s really kind and will save us a fortune as I want about 20!! Might have to buy a few each time we come though.

regards
Bevjam

Offline vicksen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »
Hello Bevjam, save yourself a trip to KaÅŸ if you like - the man who sells these pots wholesale to the local shops comes with a lorryload to Kalkan Market each week for several weeks starting any time now.
He is one of the nicest people you could hope to meet, sells at fair prices, and his pots last for years.
We''ve been buying from him for years now, never a complaint.

You''ll get an excellent deal from him, and if he doesn''t have exactly what you want on board one week, he''ll bring it the next.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »
Hi Vicksen where does he usually set up stall?  Unfortunately I''ve never seen him at the market and have always bought locally (at quite high prices!).

Offline vicksen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »
Hello Charlie, he sells off his lorry, a large white open top lorry. Generally, he parks right up the top of the market, beside the village veggie sellers, top side of the new mosque.

He hasn''t come yet this year, but we expect to see him within the next couple of market days now - he''s a sign of Spring, a bit like the swallows!
And he generally comes to the market for about 6 or 8 weeks.

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »
Hi Vicksen that sounds perfect hopefully he''ll be there in a couple of weeks when we arrive. I''ll keep an eye out at the market. If you see him first please let me know. We''ll be there on the 21st

regards
Bevjam

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 09:40:57 PM »
Well, back from the terracota pot hunt. Market man wasn''t there, but found the man in Kas. Thanks for that advice Lantana. He even delivered them for us as long as we covered his petrol costs and arrived exactly on time. So now proud owners of bouganvilia and hibiscus, using plenty of "animal soil". Fingers crossed they survive!

Bevjam

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
Hi Bevjam glad to hear you got your pots sorted out. Having replaced many of our pots broken in an earlier storm we were feeling very pleased with our new floral displays.  Then on Sunday, in the terrible storm we had then, we lost a few more, so we''re off to Kas again tomorrow.  I noticed last week that the man who usually sells in the market now delivers to the garden centre up near the market. After his last delivery, I went and checked out prices there hoping for a bargain, but they are charging more than 40% more than the Kas seller, so it''s well worth the journey to Kas.

lantana

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 07:13:24 PM »
Yes Lantana, I had quite a conversation with the chap at the garden centre, he certanly wasn''t for budging on price and is really taking the mickey. The guys in Kas are a lovely contrast and I ended up buying more than I intended as they were delivering. I just pray that mine are still ok when we get back. We tied them onto the wrought iron railings so we might be OK

BJ

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal