Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tanzore Indian restaurant (Chapter One)  (Read 14023 times)

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Tanzore Indian restaurant (Chapter One)
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »
msr, I agree totally.
Trip Advisor is very easily manipulated by interested parties and often is.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »
So agree I have never used it for Kalkan cause there are so many restaurants to try and make up your own mind. Have used it to pick a hotel for me and hubby for a wee break away in Scotland.
Picked one that had rave reviews and boy was I disappointed .......so yes always take reviews now with a pinch of salt !

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
Am I alone in thinking trip advisor is really a complete waste of time? I would rather decide myself where to eat and where to stay without studying reviews from people that may have completely different tastes/expectations to me.  If I like somewhere I will eat there again, if not I won't.

If people ask for recommendations I will tell them what I have liked and why, it is then up to them if they try it. This year I met someone who had a print out of trip advisor reviews clutched in their hand and as they walked around kept referring to it, how sad, can they not make up their own minds.

Also some of the reviews do untold damage to hotels and restaurants and many people post as they have an axe to grind. I doubt some of the smaller back street cafés ever get a mention and people still flock to them. I know of one hotel in Kalkan that ended up successfully suing trip advisor for an unbelievably vitriolic review, based on a complete pack of lies.

I would advise anyone using trip advisor do so with a very open mind , trust your own judgement, it is not often wrong!

At last sense prevails !!!  Well said MSR.

However although you only mention Trip Advisor, I must add that some of the comments on EK are also misleading and can also do unnecessary untold damage.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 05:49:01 AM »
Met a lady in the town yesterday with a long list of handwritten notes about the restaurants and shops.It was quite sad (or so I thought) as she wasnt enjoying the ambiance of the old town and was fixated on these trip advisor comments.I always remember that part of the fun of a holiday in Kalkan was deciding where to eat by wandering around and just enjoying ourselves.It seems like many people are now on a route march to a particular place and miss so much on the way!! The power of social networking,I suppose.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »
Thank goodness we don't read TA or the such like, we are still able to make up our own minds & think for ourselves even if we are pensioners, you know the ones that are costing the UK too much money as we live too long, think for ourselves, oh where has using your own judgement gone. 
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »
Time to leave this thread now? I dare say there are many others that would be glad of this kind of  exposure.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Tanzore Indian restaurant opening tomorrow

Started by maryharvie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

40 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 05:01:41 AM
by onelove
xx
Chapter One restaurant

Started by Newbies on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2012, 08:43:24 PM
by Newbies
xx
Indian Restaurant - closed???

Started by amber on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 07:48:57 AM
by One sheet
xx
Indian restaurant in Kalkan

Started by onelove on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

172 Replies
Last post March 25, 2013, 12:23:17 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal