Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rendezvous restaurant  (Read 20903 times)

lolly

lolly
Rendezvous restaurant
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:08 AM »
Hello to everyone,
 Just wanted to add another restaurant to my favorite list it only opened last season and is well worth a visit it''s on a roof top, and is run by 2 guys that used to work in Doy Doy, Ewen and Mehmet, so you are sure of good food and excellent service, I beleive that they will be open for Easter.  Enjoy!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1153.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Rendezvous restaurant
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:47:18 PM »
Lolly you''re right to mention Rendevous as a good place to eat. We went there last year and I have to say we had the best mezze of our entire stay - simply devine. The rest of our meal was also very good and the service was exceptional - even by Kalkan''s standards - despite a power cut during our visit.
I think they will do really well there and hope other forum members try it out this year
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Pebble

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
I agree Rendezvous is one of our favorites. We go there several times on each visit to Kalkan.  The food, and service are excellent and its good value for money.  Ewan always has the biggest smile.  ;D

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »
Hi all,
where abouts is this restaurant I might give it a try. I simply love Mezze.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »
Hi Loretta, if you know Doy Doy just call in there and someone will take you to Rendezvous.  It''s literally round the corner.  There is absolutely no competition between the two they just share customers!!  The only down side is it doesn''t have the same wonderful views that Doy Doy has.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:02:25 AM »
Thanks Charlie. I do know where Doy Doy is and I may well give Rendevous a try. The trouble is there are just so may wonderful restaurants to choose from!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:27:39 AM »
If you love Mezze, Loretta, you will adore the one at Rendevous - I think it''s their bread that makes it so special  - they come and offer you more if they notice there are dips but no bread left...tempting as it is to say yes, we need to leave room for their excellent lamb and fish dishes :P. From what I can remember you can get to Rendevous from two sides - opposite the entrance to Paparazzi, near Cafe Del Mar or directly up from the DoyDoy. We found it by accident as my BH wanted a kebab that night - I know. I know with all those gorgeous restaurants wanting a kebab is a little like asking for an alcopop in a champagne bar - but he had a craving!! We knew DoyDoy did them at lunchtime, but after arriving there one evening we discovered they didn''t put it on their evening menu. The Doy Doy guys took us to Rendevous where they do an excellent "posh" kebab which almost hit the spot for him  ;)
The craving was eventually settled when we went to Fethiye  ::)
Incidentally, does anyone know where Frank''s Place is? We read on that woefully inadequate site Trip Advisor before our first visit that the best kebabs were to be found in Frank''s Place. We asked everyone in Kalkan and no-one knew Frank''s Place. Does it even exist?

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »
kalkan4eva I can only assume you mean Oz Adana which had become known as ''Fred''s Place'' - but ''Fred'' has now moved on and last season worked at Jimmy''s Yakamoz on the harbour.  Oz Adana is still there, just up the hill to the side of Sevil (now Tesko) supermarket and does serve fantastic lahmacun, pide and kebabs, at very reasonable cost.  They have a sister restaurant in Yesilkoy which is even better value for fantastic - but no frills - Turkish fare.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »
oooh you''re right, ShirleyBurly, got Frank and Fred mixed up  ::) I hope I wasn''t asking everyone for Frank''s Place last year - no wonder no-one knew where it was.
We will be sure to visit Oz Adana this year - a whole lot nearer than Fethiye for my BH''s kebab fix :laugh:

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »
There is a new burger/kebab place that has opened on the roundabout near the taxi rank since the summer.  We had really scrummy chicken doner kebabs in a bread roll with salad and I think they were 3 ytl each just a few weeks ago. ;D
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »
if i remember rightly "Franks place" is over on kisla... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »
Thanks Turkey fan, they sound perfect. A choice of establishments...Mr Kalkan4Eva will be pleased  :laugh:
So, Blue Lizard there really is a Frank''s Place ;)?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »
Freds is where the poster said ,up the side of the old sevil supermarket only small but excellent value..but i seem to recall being in a place in Kisla called "Franks place"   it was quite late and beer had been quaffed!! but i''m sure it was there...maybe someone from Kisla can answer for sure!! ;)

Offline Rosire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 06:14:46 PM »
Hellp Bleu Lizard,

As far as I know there is no Franks place in Kizla but there is a Bob''s Place (Barbarossa). It is a small grocery shop with a little rerstaurant. Beuatifull views over Kalkan bay, good fod and very friendly service

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
could be it!! it was a hazy night! drat that Efes!! ;D ::)

lolly

lolly
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
My friend ordered the sea bass cooked in rock salt and set on fire at the table very special, I ordered lamb shank had flames on mine too wow .....excellent service from Mehmet.  Please say Lolly sent you ,you won''t be disappointed.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »
I agree with Lolly, you will not be disappointed with Rendezvous restaurant, ate there twice last week,

service excellent, and lovely people work there, try the apricot chicken Mmmmmmmmmmmm

lolly

lolly
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 02:26:01 PM »
I will be in Rendezvous this evenıng from 9.30 local time ıf anyone wants to come and say hello to me. x
Mines a glass of whıte Angora......cheers!!

Offline theinspector

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
 :)hi lolly where about exactly is the rondezvous from doy doy is it on one of the streets leading down from the top??
cheers mikkie

Offline Onesque

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 01:45:42 PM »
Lolly nice to have met you and your friend in Rendezvous, a shame that you were returning home the following day. We had thunderstorms after you had left, but now the weather is improving. Hope you had a pleasant journey back to the UK. Best Wishes Phil & Shirley

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
DOY DOY RESTAURANT...

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2009, 10:00:57 AM
by lolly
xx
Doy Doy restaurant

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

14 Replies
Last post August 20, 2008, 10:01:51 PM
by MrT3chn0
xx
IBO Restaurant

Started by Rharris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 09:43:09 AM
by Enişte
xx
Fez Restaurant

Started by KalkanKat on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 12:02:18 PM
by KalkanKat

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

001.JPG

Views: 3620
By: kaz1865
Kalkan Map