Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rendezvous restaurant  (Read 21045 times)

lolly

lolly
Re: Rendezvous restaurant
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 11:48:57 PM »
Hi Shirley and Phil it was great meeting you both in Rendezvous......best meal of the week hope to bump into you both agin soon in Kalkan enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
Have to say the best meal we had was in the Rendevous. Thanks for the recommendation Lolly. I had the lambs liver in a wok which was just so delicious I still keep thinking about it now! Graham had the sea bass with prawns. Both cooked to perfection and lovely service, attentive without being over the top. We liked it so much we went back on our last night, I didn''t want to seem boring and have the liver again, tempted as I was, so, I opted for the stuffed aubergine which was also divine. Graham had the lamb basket and said the lamb was beutiful, really tender. I think this place could become one of our "new" favourites!

Offline kalkanchris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 09:07:53 PM »
we also went to rendervous last week , we had the sea bass with octopuss and prawns, we had ewans chunky chips they were so chunky that they looked like roast potatoes cut in half, delicious, ewan is so friendly, and the young lady sorry do not know her name, is so abliging and helpful. the young waiter just loved to talk to improve his english not that it wanted to be improved, he spoke better english than most young that are english, we go to rendevous every time we are in kalkan just try it i am sure you will enjoy it, bon appetite. we also went to one of the trout restaruants up into the mountains, our turkish neighbours to us there, it was wonderful we had a fab evening and the food great, the price was £60 for five people,including lovely starters, fresh trout just cought and cooked,salad, chips, one large and one small bottles of wine,one beer, fresh fruit, two turkish coffees, one turkish tea, two nescafe, plus the wonderful views over kalama bay, what more could anyone want,Mmmmmmm. wish we were there now.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 11:26:41 PM »
I agree 100% with your description of Rendeavous, in July all of our party of 8 thought it had the best food in Kalkan, even over previous favorites such as the Olive Garden, and at very reasonable prices (since then several guestshave left comments in our visitor book that agree with this).

Ewan is a great host, we met him around seven years ago when he was a barman and subequently made a point of trying wherever he was working from year to year after that. It is good to see his hard work and skill has been rewarded.

Regards

Alan     

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »
We agree with your comments about the Rendezvous restaurant.
We have been several times and the food and service have been excellent each time.
M n M

Offline johnst

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 12:19:25 AM »
I was delighted with the ambience in Daphne. Breath-taking view from the terrace especially while sunset.
Daphne is the perfect location for rendezvous. I suggest it to everybody :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 02:54:30 PM »
Johnst...I can''t work out whether you''re being cute here...or you''ve entirely missed the point of this thread  ???.

Do enlighten us  ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 03:16:30 PM »
May also have missed out on a good meal, when we were over in July, we went to both Rendevous and Daphne''s and thought the food at Rendevous was definately a cut above Daphne''s. 

Regards

Alan   

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 03:27:44 PM »
I thought that too, until I read Johnst other posts and then it became clear - a little advert perhaps??  :o
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Had possibly the best meal I''ve ever had in Kalkan (and I''ve had so many meals over the years  ::) last week at Rendezvous.
I had the Grouper fish with ginger and it was simply outstanding. Other half had the Stuffed Sea Bass and was equally delighted.
A wonderful dining experience which I''ll definitely do again.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Also if you own a property in Kalkan Ewan gives you a 10% discount card.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »
Hi all,
Must be GOOD if Itstime liked it. Will someone ask them if they are open in December?

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
Rendezvous will be closed for the winter months this year, Ewan''s wife is due to have a baby any day now.

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
Is Rendezvous primarily another fish restaurant? Most posts on here suggest that to be the case. If its better than Daphne, then its got to be good, so still might give it a try.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »
No but it has a good range of fish dishes. We went twice (it would have been more but we only discovered it on our second week of holiday) both times everyone thought the food was excellent.

The bill was also very reasonable, to the point where decided it would be a bit mean to use the 10% off card that Euan had given us on the way in  (this was noticed and 20% taken off the bill on our second visit - I didn''t show the card that time either).

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »
We tried Rendezvous for the first time in September, having seen it highly recommended by several of our apartment guests in our visitors'' book.

Honest view: it was pretty good. Not the best food we''ve ever had in Kalkan, but definitely up there in our top ten or so. Service was very friendly and laid-back, which is always a good sign and there was a nice atmosphere generally.

Would we go back? Yes, probably, but not to the exclusion of some of our other favourites that we just have to keep going back to!  We are just so spoiled for choice... Olive Garden, Ibo, Coast and Kaya take some beating.  However that''s just a personal view and I would definitely recommend Rendezvous for good value and friendly service.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »
Blackpool, it''s most definitely worth a visit. In my opinion its just as nice as Daphne''s and certainly better value. I also think the service is one of the friendliest in Kalkan - which is saying something. As Martyn E says, there''s so much choice and everyone will have their own favourites.

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »
I would certainly agree that Rendezvous is worth a visit.  The staff are very friendly and provide excellent service and the food is of good quality with plenty of choice.  If I have one (very minor) criticism (and Rendezvous are not the only restaurant I feel are guilty of this) is that they put too much on your plate so if you leave the various items of garnish you still look like you have half a plateful of food you haven''''t eaten.  That said I would certainly return next time I''''m in Kalkan.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:57:19 PM by kalkanfan »

Offline johnst

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
sorry people,
i made a mistake, the wrong subject
but i don''t know the restaurant rendezvous ???

Offline kalkancrazy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
we go to rendevous everytime because it is superb :laugh: :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
The Nar Restaurant

Started by geoffdunnett on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2010, 09:05:23 AM
by steve wood
smiley
IBO RESTAURANT

Started by lradders on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 04:40:48 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Doy Doy restaurant

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post January 14, 2010, 01:45:11 PM
by lolly
xx
Restaurant name?

Started by clara48 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post January 14, 2010, 08:51:09 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

London skyline

Views: 2296
By: headroom
At Omars