Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old trading house.  (Read 1674 times)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Old trading house.
« on: September 13, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »
recently back from a unbelievable time once again in Kalkan,and for the first time we ate at the old trading house,I have always looked at the menu when I have walked passed and been impressed with what is a good varied menu,so this time we thought lets give it a try.
Up the steps and into reception,nice old turkish style,then on up the stairs to the first terrace,nice little bar and open Kitchen, and tables for dining,nice view to the harbour,but try to get a table on the top terrace,the views are stunning ,overlooking the old town and the bay,got a table right at the front,amazing,struggled with what to order from a great menu,but went for the sword fish,my friend went for the sea bass,ordered drinks,beer and wine,and got  ready for what maybe a long wait as they where very busy,no problem,about 20 minutes and the meals arrived,just enough time for another beer,good size sword fish steak,and a very good size sea bass,with chargrilled veg and the usual lovely rice,big portions really,and the food was unbelievable,I am not a big fish lover,but I may be converted now.
Now to the bill,asked for the bill,but sneaked downstairs to pay,as my friend wouldnt let me pay,met the guys and chef in the kitchen,hugs kisses ect,and payed the bill,70 tkl,wow pretty impressed,for beers,wine and two great meals in a really nice setting.
overall,10 out of 10,service great,not in your face,food great,staff great,give this place a try,even if its just for a drink,I will definitly be back to the Old trading house.
(sorry if its a bit long winded,its my first real review of somewhere I have eaten,but I was that impressed,I thought I had to do one. )
               Neil.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8532.0
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Re: Old trading house.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 04:49:44 PM »
Thanks for this Neil, often had a chat with the greeter up to a couple of seasons ago, then he disappeared and we never got round to trying it, but will deffo give it a try when we are out this time.

Offline Judyval

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
My 3 friends and I were in Kalkan in June this year and we tried the Old Trading House for our last night in Kalkan. Got to agree with you it was fab. What always works for us in most of the the good restaurants is to book a table usually the night before and this then gives you a great table with fab views and good service. We particularly liked the way the tables were set in this restaurant and the little hanging lights on each table gave it a very special touch. The food was great. We were 4 girls and we sometimes find the portions too much to eat starter, main meal and afters but what we did here was to order 2 starters to share, 3 main meals to share and 3 afters. Add to this a couple of bottles of wine and after dinner drinks and because we all shared it was a good way to sample a few dishes at the one time. The restaurant didn't mind us doing this in fact most of the restaurants in Kalkan were happy to let us share, rather than just order a main as we wouldn't have been able to eat everything and clear our plates. Lovely place the Old Trading House and I will definitely go back when I am next in Kalkan in October.

Offline TC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
Nice to see the Old Trading House getting some good reviews as it was my favourite when we were there in August. Lovely guy on the front door, Mehmet I think, we booked 24 hours in advance to get a good table. Lovely food, great service and decent prices - will definitely be back.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Old Trading House

Started by mikem on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 18, 2009, 07:36:52 AM
by chunky
xx
Old trading house

Started by sophiesowner on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post September 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PM
by Firecat
xx
Old Trading House restaurant

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 05:32:48 PM
by lolly
xx
contact details for old trading house

Started by maduk on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 24, 2009, 11:15:30 PM
by bubblyc

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal