Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kisla  (Read 7525 times)

Offline Sulwath

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kisla
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
Hi
We are a family of 5 adults coming to Turkey for the first time and staying in Kisla, in a villa.

We have heard of a place called Bobs Street Cafe. has anybody eaten there, we wondered what the breakfasts are like and do they still deliver to your villa.

We are all looking forward to our visit so much, it looks and sounds fantastic!  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7686.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Kisla
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to enjoykalkan, we have never eaten at bobs but here is a link to the menu.. http://www.streetcafekalkan.com/

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »
That must be near the Eagles Nest then?
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
Nice if you go to Kalkan for sausage and chips!

Offline Sulwath

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:54:25 AM »
Err, not quite what we had in mind thanks for the warning. We were looking for somewhere for breakfast on our first morning as we don't arrive till later in the evening and didn't want to start food shopping at that time. Does any body have any other suggestions?

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
Why do you not contact the villa owner with a shopping list?  I am unsure as to whether or not you have a welcome pack, but you can add to it and settle the bill during your stay.  We have always done this, so can chill out at whatever time we arrive, knowing we have "fud" (and Efes) and start our holiday in style, with a swim and no worries about having to do a food shop :) :) :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »
I would go along with maryjane's idea.    Check first with the villa owner on the contents of any welcome pack - it may already have all you would want for a simple breakfast and you can then ask the owner if they will add any additional things.    We now have some Efes ready in the frig as part of the welcome pack so guests can have a refreshing drink after that first important swim and before they need to go food shopping.   

We hope it makes the first morning relaxing for guests - and no, this isn't advertising our villa as I don't make any reference to it by name here.     I am sure the owner of the villa you are  staying in will be only too happy to arrange anything extra for your welcome pack - happy guests are more likely to return!    Also those of us who have a place in Kalkan because we love it want others to enjoy it too.

Offline Sulwath

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
Thanks to all of you for your reply's.

Apparently there is no welcome pack but the owner has suggested we speak to the transfer company and they will do the shopping for us.

Now to decide what to ask for other than Effes!

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
Angora and a couple of Tuborgs?

Offline KC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »
Try contacting Kalkan Concierge info@kalkanconcierge.com they put together hampers, welcome meals, personal shopping as well as offering many more services!  Well worth taking a look :)

Offline ponsford2006

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 08:23:27 PM »
We have recently purchased a villa in Kisla and ate at Bobs a couple of times during our visit in April. Im sure Bob would also serve up breakfast things that are not on the menu. He was very helpful.
His mum helps him run a small shop next to the cafe.  I believe that he delivers groceries in the local area (although we have yet to use this service). why not email him and see what he can offer.

Offline Emoise

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
For breakfast - try Fidanka restaurant next to Bobs Cafe, it is really nice

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Fallen in love with Kalkan and the people
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »
Hi, I have just read your message and couldn't wait to write to tell you that you will have an amazing time in Kalkan and have the best of both worlds staying in Kisla as at night time you will have beautiful views of Kalkan lit up at night which is a fantastic back drop whilst having cocktails on the patio.
Bob is a great man and by the end of your holiday he will feel like one of your family.  He will go that extra mile to make your holiday very special.  He will deliver what ever you require and if he does not have it in his shop he will get if for you. Make up recipes of what ever you want even if it is not on the menu. You must try his special spicy meat balls.
We have had many a great evening eating at Bobs gazing at the view being treated like Kings.
I will be in Kisla end of May and cant wait to see Bob and his family. Below are two tel numbers from Bobs card last year.
+90 242- 844 2988 / +90 532- 265 6532
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY, I KNOW YOU WILL. 

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Sounds good - we will be in Kisla in July and will give Bob a try.
Could be a cheaper alternative to the old town restaurant?

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Fallen in love with Kalkan and the people
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »
Even if you eat in Kalkan which is a must to  indulge in the colour and culture of the rooftop restaurants, you can always pop to Bobs for that late night cap whilst enjoying the views of Kalkan by night.  Just let him know what time you will be back and he will stay up with a table waiting for you with your favourite drinks. 

Offline Alfresco

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »

Our villa is just a short walk from Bob's and we have used him in the past, the food is good and he is very convenient for small amenities but I would advise you to watch the prices!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »
Depending on what time you arrive in Kalkan, you can ask your transfer driver to stop at a supermarket so you can stock up. We have done this a few times - Yali for example stays open till about midnight during the peak season and Smile is apparently 24 hour. The transfer drivers have never minded waiting as we always tip them well. They can also stop at "service stations" on the way from Dalaman so you can pick up essentials there too....just not beer, we've discovered.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
kisla

Started by tshaddy on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post May 31, 2015, 09:01:02 AM
by Brandongirl
question
Kisla

Started by wendyg on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 09:55:21 AM
by Kalkankiwi
recycled
KISLA

Started by josie on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post January 31, 2010, 03:40:45 PM
by casey
xx
Kisla

Started by alshepuk on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2010, 12:54:55 AM
by kim21

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal