Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Bars / Clubs  (Read 17724 times)

Offline stef1412

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Kalkan Bars / Clubs
« on: September 03, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »
My mum has asked me to write some information about the bars in Kalkan from a young persons point of view (I''m 16 years old).

In Kalkan there are 3 main bars; Yacht Point, Sandals & No-Name for ''teenagers''. Yacht Point and Sandals are situated down on the harbour-front, whereas No-Name is nearer the top of town.

For me, Yacht Point is the best bar in town, because the barmen are friendly and sociable, the atmosphere is great, as well as the music. There is adequate seating and a reasonable sized dancefloor with air conditioning and you feel comfortable and relaxed.

Sandals claims to be an over 21''s bar, yet they seem to let anyone in, but will sometimes not let you stay there unless you buy a drink. More adults tend to go here than teenagers though, i think. The dancefloor is big and has air conditioning and the music is very good, but i don''t think the barmen are particularly friendly and the atmosphere is poor - it depends whether you''d like a quiet drink or not?

No-Name is never really very busy except on the nights where they do foam party''s, and free drinks nights. This bar is probably the most modern, and it is nicely furnished, but perhaps because of its location it has very few customers per night. The foam-party''s are good though and do attract a lot of teenagers.

Moonlight & Utopia at the top of town are normally the bars that adults would go too, I''ve only ever been there with my mum and her friends, not with my friends. I haven''t ever been to Utopia as it''s always very quiet but Moonlight is a nice bar with friendly barmen and a calming atmosphere with classic hits for adults, not so much for teenagers.

There are a few other bars in the very centre of Kalkan such as the Sultan Ice Bar, which I''ve only been to once, as it''s new, but it''s nice there - small but friendly.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=620.0

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan Bars / Clubs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
Thank you very much for such a comprehensive report.  This is really very helpful.  Thanx.  Glad you had a good time.

Offline ramazan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »
there is swan behind the general store. but mostly middle age people goes there as a heard. that would be good places

Offline theinspector

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 04:08:27 PM »
Thank you very much for such a comprehensive report.  This is really very helpful.  Thanx.  Glad you had a good time.
:)hi steff good write up on kalkan yeah its a  little for the older end of the market me thinks :-))
but Ozgar who is the main man down at yacht point is a top geezzer :-))
cheers mikkie

Offline ILoveKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »
That''s so great to here it from other young people. I''m 14 and first went to Kalkan in may 07. My mum and dad had been going for a couple of years before for an odd holiday without me and my little sister. When I went in May I absolutley loved it! It is the perfect holiday! It''s not like Spain - all commercial and practically England with sunshine. It''s its own little, cosy town.

My mum''s friend owns an apartment there so they''re practically regulars and a lot of people there know them. My favourite bar was by far Moonlight as we made good friends with Murtan and the other barmen. I do agree with what you said about the classic hits for the adults but I love them too.;D I haven''t tried Yacht Point or Sandals and my mum is planning to take me next May when we go with my friend, then 15.

My favourite restaurant has to be Akin''s - delicious food and not expensive either and again, I was introduced to another friend. :D

Anyway, just wanted people to know that we teenagers love it too  ;D

Offline sunlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »
Great to hear from a teenagers view, I am going there with my 19 year olds  (girls)and 15 year old (boy)and they want to go out to bars etc in evening and I was a bit worried that there would not be anything for them, but sounds as if it will be ok, we are going next august, any other views would be great. 

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »
sunlover the kids (!) will love it.  We''ve been taking ours to Kalkan now for alot of years and even though they''re 18 & 21 this year still can''t get rid of them!  Actually they now bring their friends with them (and they also are returning this year).  They honestly will love it.  Sandals Bar and Yacht Point seem to be the in places with that age group.  Mine also really enjoy palm Beach club (seems to be a lot of young ones go there).  Each year they meet up with friends they''ve made over the years and as someone else has already said they really are very safe in kalkan.  As for your hubby, bet he (and you) will just love it! The restaurants are superb. Fab choice.  Enjoy!

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 05:05:01 PM »
Just found this great website, I was really worried that Kalkan might be a bit quite for my teenagers (16 year old boy and 13 year old girl) booked for the Samira Deluxe apartments yesterday for late july early August. That was a great report on the clubs and bars, I just hope my two will hook up with other teenagers on holiday in Kalkan and enjoy as much as you all have.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 07:23:26 PM »
Hi Karen.

We are in our apartment which is 5 minute walk away from the SD the same time as you and will have my two daughters (12 and 14) with us.

We expect to spend quite a few nights in the bar there so thats at least two teenagers for yours to hook up with!

Sure you will love it.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »
Hi Karen and Turkeyfan.

I arrive in kalkan on the 3rd Aug for a month with my daughter who then will be 15 and her friend 13, I am spending 2 weeks with the girls on my own, then my husband is joining us on the 17th for the remainder of the holiday, would be great to meet up and be able to let the girls meet up with people their own age, sure they are going to get fed up with me hanging around with them for a fortnight!!!!

Regards Amanda

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »
Thats really great maybe through this site we could organise something nearer the time, I''m starting to really look forward to this holiday!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
Ferat ..is that you? ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
We always have the last drink of the evening at Kleo bar, great music, great location

Offline kalkanman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
hı Jayney
thanks
for ıt
when wıl u coıng  agıan kalkan  kleo bar stıll open

and stıll saem musıc
see u soon

Offline kalkanman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 11:08:11 AM »
ı dont know why enjoy kalkan ownur delete my msj
any way
oneday everythınk wıl be good

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »
Hi KalkanMan,

A private message was sent to you informing you why your message was deleted. If you would like any further information please email safety@enjoykalkan.com

Thank you

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 02:01:45 PM »
The Kleo bar is indeed a lovely small intimate place to enjoy a drink - a lovely location and has lovely staff!   ;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkanman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »
thanks mum
lol
good dance wıth hulya hehe

Offline Sideeffect

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »
i want something like club inferno in klkn  ???

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »
Club inferno....being...?? ??? ??? Or am i just out of touch and too old..!! ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
'Latino' Bars/Clubs

Started by Sheez on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post September 11, 2008, 03:29:05 PM
by Sheez
xx
map of kalkan with bars/restaurants ???????

Started by annawiththebanner on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 03, 2008, 11:05:49 AM
by felicity
xx
Best pubs/bars in Kalkan

Started by Brenditaa on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

14 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 09:36:44 AM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
How late are bars open out of season? Esp April & May & Age of kalkan visitors

Started by Llondon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 03:26:26 AM
by Llondon

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

canal walk

Views: 2784
By: headroom
cappadocia