Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dalaman Duty Free prices ?  (Read 7091 times)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Dalaman Duty Free prices ?
« on: April 29, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
Hello Early Visitors,

I'm coming in 13 sleeps !  Hurrah.  But what are prices like for spirits now ?  I'd got so used to bargains I never buy at Manchester anymore (except champers) but last June I was astonished how dear Bombay Sapphire & Blue Smirnoff had got.  If anyone has bought/buys would you let me know the TL price please ?  I understand it's better to buy in lira as they use their own exchange calculation to euros or pounds & not to purchasers benefit !

And does anyone know of any restriction on how many litres of spirit you can buy per passport ?

Thanks,

Lucy Lou

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12015.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Dalaman Duty Free prices ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:29:34 PM »
The limit is one litre per person of spirits and we know from previous threads that Customs are right by the exit when you leave Dalaman airport. We usually find the deals on two litres of spirits at Manchester to be better than Dalaman but always buy an extra litre when we land and take the chance.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »
Hi K4E,

Yes it was the thread about customs that reminded me to ask & I'd found last year was the first time the shop ever stuck to only letting me buy 1l.  Fingers crossed customs ignore as usual  ;)

Will see if Manchester will sell me any more than the champagne duo I like to get to celebrate in Kalkan.

Thanks,

LL

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »
I think the limit is 1L of spirits OR 2L of sparkling/fortified wine but we buy 2 bottles of champagne AND 2L of spirits from Duty Free in Manchester (between the 2 of us... :o) and it's never been a problem to purchase all that on one passport...you tell me...?
Have to say I do miss a good quality fizz when we are in Kalkan. I've tried a few local varieties which are questionable quality and very expensive :(
Stop building quarries and villas and build a vineyard someone....!! Just copy what the French do..they're pretty good at it.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 10:09:30 AM »
Below is a summary of the current duty free allowances,  if you looking to take the maximum possible amount of spirits through  note you can bring in 2 70cl bottles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turkey operate the dual channel Red (effects to declare) and Green (nothing to declare) system which apply to arriving travellers, tourists and Turkish nationals.

Personal belongings including medicines for your own personal use are exempt from duty.

Duty Free Exemptions apply for the following items purchased before your arrival in Turkey, and unless stated, you must be over 18 years of age.

200 cigarettes plus 10 cigars plus 200 gms of tobacco to include cigarette papers. OR
200 grammes of pipe tobacco or 50 gms of snuff or 200 grammes of chewing tobacco.
1 x 1 litre bottle of wines or spirits.
OR
2 x 70 cl bottle of wines or spirits.
5 bottles of perfume not exceeding 120 ml each.
Personal gifts to the maximum value of €300 and €145 for those under 15.
Other beverages: Coffee beans (1kg), Instant Coffee (1kg), Tea (500g), Chocolate (1kg).

You may also purchase additional items: 400 cigarettes, 100 cigars and 500g of pipe tobacco at the duty free arrivals store.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »
You wonder with technology and the fact you have to present your boarding card when you purchase Duty Free in the airport you are not limited to the actual allowances..?
One year, when we were with our adult children BH and I went to the till with all their requirements along with ours - I think we were 4 bottles of vodka, Pimms and champagne into the transaction when they asked for another passport ??? Even then just two of us were purchasing the allowance of 5 adults...if not more...?
I'm not complaining as we bring in more than our allowances every year :o
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:26:25 AM by kalkan4eva »

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
Probably the Duty Free shops allowing you to buy more has a lot to do with the sound of the till (metaphorically) ringing, and if you get caught, they aren't!

But then I may just be cynical, with 'Duty Free' prices being on a par with a DFS sale.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
....is there a sale at DFS?? *gasps with amazement*

You're right Chris_S, but try buying more than one pack of paracetamol in a supermarket..? Just saying..

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
The paracetamol comes after drinking the Duty Free.  Get more Duty Free - then you don't need the Paracetemol.

Easy!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 11:02:25 AM »
 ;D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dalaman duty free prices?

Started by Oxfordblue on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post June 26, 2016, 11:36:58 PM
by Oxfordblue
xx
Duty free prices

Started by Lynne T on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 06:29:07 PM
by Lynne T
xx
Duty Free at Dalaman

Started by santah on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post August 29, 2010, 12:36:52 PM
by lorilou
xx
duty free m/chester or dalaman ?

Started by fidimax on The Everything Else Area!

16 Replies
Last post May 15, 2008, 06:19:40 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meis

Views: 3534
By: cer
Boats