Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Curtains  (Read 5069 times)

Offline reginald

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Curtains
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »
I am coming to Kalkan in a couple of weeks time and need to have some curtains made and some remade !!! Could anyone please give me some advice on where to go/who to talk to. Ideally Kalkan, preferably but not essentially English speaking, or Kas.
Many thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1115.0

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Curtains
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »
There is Sonmez who are in Nergiz Sokak- behind the middle school, behind what was Sevil (now Tesko!)- however they don''t speak English so you would need to take someone with you to translate, they will however get things done relatively quickly- for curtains a few days.

Offline Mister Barnacle

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »
Hi,

We used a lovely couple, they made our curtains in January just gone. I''m really embarrassed to say we can''t remember their name!

Again, they don''t speak english (but husband speaks french!) - but Jo from Kalkan Concierge lives across the road and did an excellent job of helping us.

Quality and speed really good - made and fitted, including made to measure wrought iron rods, within a couple of days. We also needed some cushions made for our newly bought terrace furniture - they made them overnight.

I''m sure Jo would be happy to help.

If you want Jo, either get her on the concierge site (kalkanconcierge.com)or send me a PM & I''ll supply her contact details

Tony

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »
We used Ozman at the start of Kalamar road, just past Atlantis restaurant, he was recommended to us and has been very helpful, I can''t tell you how his prices compare (we have not used anyone else) and would be interested if anyone has any experience with him, everything he has made for us, curtains, blinds, cushions and sunbed covers have been excellent.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:12:13 PM »
Yep -we too used osman the tailor on Kalamar just past Atlantis, just before the cake/Patisseries shop - he speaks some english and he does everything very well and very fast - he came and measured up our curtains - supplied and fixed metal rods did nets (well nice nets! ;) and curtains and made us some sunbed covers!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »
Yep we too used Osman on Kalamar Road.  He has a new shop just past his old one on the opposite side of the road (used to be the Prometheus Hotel).  Came out to the villa, measured up and was back within a few days to hang them.  I''ve also bought all our towels, bed linen, outdoor chair and sunbed covers from him, excellent quality and Excellent service!

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »
Worth shopping around.  No complaints with the quality or service and have bought plenty from Osman in the past but recently have found his prices to be a bit on the high side. 

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »
Yes - in common with lots of people - his prices have hiked - about par for the course with the amount of business going on....but still shouldn''t be that way - prices should be less or at least the same..!!   >:(

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
Mister Barnacle you are talking about Sonmez who Mercimek also mentioned - a lovely couple with 4 young children, the husband indeed speaks French.  Their prices are considerably lower than their competition and they work much faster - I wouldn''t go anywhere else now I''ve found Sonmez.

They were looking for a new home as theirs (which doubled as their shop) was being knocked down to create new apartments, I believe they are now down a block from where they were - at the far end of the market (directly up the hill from Tesko - old Sevil).

Shirley B

Offline reginald

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 11:10:04 AM »
Thats brilliant.  Thank you all very much. :)

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
 Hi Reginald
Even as I write, Aysel from Sonmez is making curtains for us. Very good fabric selection, prices approx half that of other local suppliers and very fast turn around. If Jo at Kalkan Concierge is not available to help you, PM me and when you are here I will take you to them and translate,  although Aysel is so experienced that translation is not really necessary unless you want something very complicated. If you have a picture of the style you are looking for, you scarcely need any words at all.
Lantana

Offline reginald

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »
Thanks All.
This is just to say that we went to Sonmez and were very happy with the service and the quality of work. Strongly recommend Aysel and Mustafa.
Reginald.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you got on Reginald.

Offline mojo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:15 AM »
Hi Just read all your comments and i too am coming out to kalkan in a couple of weeks to price things for a villa . can anyone give me an approx cost for a pair of curtains that fit a patio size door, Plain but lined if they do it ? and do the places mentioned have a good selection of fabric ?  Would they make up from my own fabric ?

Offline naklak

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »
Christine at YükselHome Collection helped us with the translating  as she is a friend of the Sonmez family. It certainly made it a lot easier for us and we got a few bits and pieces from her too.

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Curtains (Sonmez tele number)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »
Aysel and Mustafa made curtains for my living room.  Other than leaving a bit of a mess afterwards, I have no complaints.  They were cheaper particularly for the iron work (I have curved walls at the front). 

The numbers I had for them (July 2007) are 0.535 946 81 58 and 0.536 593 96 12.

Nice people too, although Aysel could not understand why I was getting involved in the choice of voile - I agree, but needs must.  Mustafa was able to cope with my very basic French.

Mark
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
curtains

Started by The Reds on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post July 27, 2008, 10:59:37 PM
by tiamaria
xx
Voile Curtains

Started by pattaya on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 07:38:10 AM
by Charlie
xx
Curtains for sale

Started by casey on Classifieds - Available

1 Replies
Last post November 25, 2011, 03:00:21 PM
by Wendy
xx
Wanted white curtains for balcony

Started by lindyloubluecat on Classifieds - Wanted

0 Replies
Last post August 15, 2016, 04:15:00 PM
by lindyloubluecat

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Omars 20/9/07

Views: 4771
By: Wendy
Top Pool