Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Buying handbags or "designer" sunglasses in Kalkan  (Read 47224 times)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Buying handbags or "designer" sunglasses in Kalkan
« on: May 19, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
Hi,

My 18 year old great niece wants me to uy her a designer "fake" handbag or sunglasses (ray Ban) when I am in Kalkan.

I want soomething not too cheap but not the sort of prices you would pay in the UK.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking of going to Fethye too.

I think she was looking at Louis someone (not up on designer bags)

Thanks,

Barb

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9478.0

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Buying handbags or "designer" sunglasses in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Could be Louis Vuitton she means.
There are a few really good bag shops in Kalkan, fakes of course but good quality. I'm sure somebody will come on soon and recommend certain shops to you and give you a rough idea on prices.
Nicky

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
Thanks Nicky, that is the one she said!!!

Barb

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »
Hi Barb. Get her to check out this website www.bsgleather.com This is the website of the bag shop across from the Merkez so if she can identify the bag she wants you can simply pop in and get the right one :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:59:04 PM »
Just had a look at website itstime and have my list ready for next month!!!

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »
"Raybans " wayfarers are 20TL in the shop just down from Escudo, same as in the market, they have plenty of other designs but different coloured Wayfarers seem to be the in thing at the moment, Mrs P bought a pair which matched her hair and attracted a lot of comments about them. There were a few nice leather shops but fake handbags weren't on the shopping list this year so we never ventured in.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »
Just had a look at website itstime and have my list ready for next month!!!

LOL enjoy  :D

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
Fake sunglasses........great idea, I'm sure they're choc a bloc with all the appropriate filters. Look just like the real thing though...

Worth the risk? Not quite like a fake bag!

Just thinking like...

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:28 AM »
Not sure teenagers  worry too much about filters...as long as they look good!!! I personally would not wear them as I have to have prescription lens.

Same gooes for handbags, it will be old fashioned in a few weeks as far as they are concerned.

Thanks everyone for  all the information.

Barb

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
There is also a new shop opened called simply chic kalkan who sells bags she has a facebook page with some pics not sure if they do Lois Vuitton tho but as its new you might pick up a bargain. It's on the kalamar road next to kalkan pharmacy. I know i will be popping in for a look.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
Thanks chrissy, do you mean the Pharmacy that is opposite the medical centre in Kalamar Road...if so, we stay right opposite which will be ideal.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
We tend to buy bags from Nuri (next door to Moonlight) and a shop in Fethiye (name escapes me) but I can give you directions. I also take pictures of the bags I particularly want and compare the detail when I'm buying - I'd also say shop around in Kalkan - look at quality and authenticity of the bag you want in all the shops then compare the prices - there's a big difference :)
My girls are 18 and 23 and they are content to buy off the better stalls in Fethiye market for "this year's model" and spend a bit more on a classic design somewhere else. If your niece wants this year's "hot bag" I wouldn't pay a fortune for it, personally, unless of course she wants to pay for it herself ;)
One word of advice for novices in this area, check the lining it should be branded and the zips. clasps etc to check they are both branded and in working order if you are paying a significant amount for the bag.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »
My niece lives on the IOW and so restricted for choice in  many shops unless  she goes to Portsmouth or Southampton. As it is her 18th coming up and knowing I am going to Kalkan she asked me to get one. They were Louis (V) photo's which she sent me but I am sure any "designer" would be appreciated

We intend to  g to Fethye this year, have not been forsome time so no idea of whereabouts of shops etc., We are thinking of getting the coach that Lantana suggested from Kalkan, no idea where  you are dropped off, so any directions would be very helpful.

Barb

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
The fake products are basically rubbish be it bags, polo shirts, glasses etc.....you will be at risk entering the UK....as well as supporting organised crime such as child labour....plus it's fake looks fake and the quality will reflect this.....buy the genuine articles...

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »
The fake products are basically rubbish be it bags, polo shirts, glasses etc.....you will be at risk entering the UK....as well as supporting organised crime such as child labour....plus it's fake looks fake and the quality will reflect this.....buy the genuine articles...

Can't comment on the sunglasses or polo shirts but absolutely disagree about the bags. Rubbish they absolutely are not. Maybe the ones from the market but those bought from the leather shops are definitely of a high standard. Soft leather, hard wearing and durable. I have many of them and never been disappointed by the quality or longevity and certainly never had any problem carrying them in full view through UK airports. In fact I had one stolen here in the UK and involved the local police and they were absolutely fine about assisting me in it's ultimate retrieval despite knowing its history, so my advice based on my experience is to enjoy the copies (not fakes)  There is not, nor has ever been any attempt to pass them off as the genuine article either by the vendor or myself, I know they are copies, I acknowledge they are copies therefore no problem over 15 years despite the dire warnings by some

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Please don't kid yourself by calling them copies or replicas...they are fake and Infringing the brand ownership.....I still don't get why people try and give the illusion of wealth by parading around in fake goods...all very bizarre to me... ???

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
Misty, you are entitled to your view on bags and have expressed it many times on this forum but you should remember this forum has a policy of mutual respect. As itstime says, I've never felt the need to pass any of my bags off as genuine and I don't buy them to give the illusion of wealth - they are mostly fashion accessories.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
Hi Barb not sure where the medical centre is but I mean the pharmacy at the start of kalamar rd near the corner restaurant and opposite the road where Chillies and samira garden hotel is. Hope this makes sense, Chrissy.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »
Please don't kid yourself by calling them copies or replicas...they are fake and Infringing the brand ownership.....I still don't get why people try and give the illusion of wealth by parading around in fake goods...all very bizarre to me... ???

Please dont patronise me, I assure you I am kidding no-one least of all myself

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
I have to agree with kalkan4eva and itstime......the bags I buy in Kalkan are never sold as genuine articles......no one is under the illusion that they are anything but copies. I always buy my bags from BSG leather which uses a factory in Istanbul so I have to assume that there is not a question of illegal labour? The bags I have from there are very good quality and attract many admiring glances and comments back home.....I absolutely delight in saying they are copies! I agree that t shirts and sunglasses are generally of poor quality and I imagine that a lot of branded goods sold in shops are actually fakes......as for the market well......they are obviously fake and everyone needs to make their own decision about buying them. Mind you my OH is in the market for a new Rolex in a few weeks time!  >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Tranquility!

Views: 2455
By: headroom
Adam's Lamb Shank