Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Butchers and Fishmongers  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Oxfordblue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Butchers and Fishmongers
« on: July 04, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »
Hi - I have had a search before posting but the last thread on this is quite old, so starting a new one.

We will be in Kalkan for the first time four weeks today - absolutely can't wait!  We will be doing our share of eating out having read all the fab restaurant reviews on here, but we also like to cook... so please give us your recommendations for the best places to buy fresh meat and especially lovely fish and seafood of which I am sure there is an abundance!

We'll be staying near Kalamar beach club but street names or other landmarks to help us work out locations would be welcome.

Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13411.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Butchers and Fishmongers
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:28:05 PM »
Hi Oxfordblue.

We sometimes muster up home cooked food and for meat we tend to use any of the supermarkets, especially Yali - good meat counter and Yusef the butcher near to the Lime bar, also Bulent who is just before the main roundabout in town, near the taxi rank.

There used to be a fishmongers near Foto's pizza but I think it's closed this year. There is also a fishmonger (I think) on the Sunday market at Akbel village which is the road to the left by the Arcelic shop near the traffic lights as you enter Kalkan from the D400. It's too far to walk, you would need to drive or taxi there.

There is a chicken man opposite Yusef butchers and a deli. Local produce eg veg etc is cheap and plentiful and we've enjoyed some lovely home cooked food in Kalkan (when we can be bothered).  :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 05:43:25 AM »
All the meat options have been covered.......personally i prefer the butcher opposite the taxi rank as opposed to the supermarkets.He is more flexible about giving you exactly what you want......sometimes,not always,the supermarkets dont want to break up,for example,a pack of 4 chicken breasts,if you happen to only want one or two.Also,i give supermarkets a lot of business buying all sorts of other things and i like to give the butcher some business as well.........especially in a quieter year for them.

We do hire a car for the holiday so it is,i admit,easier to go from one shop to another.......but if on foot,it may be more straight forward to do a " one stop " shop.

There is also a fishmonger on the Yali supermarket road.....starting off at Yali,on the same side of the road,walk down towards town.After a 100 yards or so,you will see a bakery on the ground floor......and above it on the first floor is a fishmonger.

Oxfordblue,i hope you enjoy lots of culinary delights,both out at the fab restaurants and those created by yourself.

Enjoy !!!
o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:45:13 AM by Mayday1 »

Offline suziq

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 05:06:55 PM »
Another vote for the butchers opposite the taxi rank. We had the best lamb chops ever from there and also some nice steaks.

There is also a fish van at the Thursday market. It is right at the back on the left of the cheese and olive man.

Have fun

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Butchers in Kalkan

Started by dozza on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post August 26, 2015, 06:08:00 PM
by kalkan4eva
recycled
Local butchers

Started by xicede on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 16, 2010, 02:41:56 PM
by xicede
xx
Butchers and best new Supermarkets in 2012

Started by Kalkankiwi on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post July 21, 2012, 08:30:15 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The Sun Goes Down

Views: 2813
By: Pompeyalbie
Jane