Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Birthday celebrations  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Birthday celebrations
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
Can anyone recommend a restaurant where a group of 6 of us can celebrate my daughters 14th birthday? Due to her age we would be looking for somewhere with a bit of life rather than laid back, romantic etc Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10805.0

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Birthday celebrations
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »
Marmaris
Owner, holidaymaker and Kalkan lover

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
Thanks BAZZA, really helpful  >:(

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
I'd recommend Seaport for a lively evening including fire eating.

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:42:10 AM »
I guess teenagers shouldn't be in Kalkan hey Bazza?!?

Mrs P we often celebrate my teenage daughters birthday in Kalkan and she has always loved it

We would either spend the day on a boat trip, at a beach club or in Sakklikent rafting and in the evening, we have been to several different restaurants which have all made a fuss but her restaurant of choice on her birthday is Aubergine.  When you make your reservation, remember to tell them its for a birthday and they will arrange a birthday cake and fireworks etc.

My daughter is 19 this year but I don't think we are in Kalkan for her birthday, which is a shame.

Have a great time.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
Kaya is a lovely place for a birthday. If you tell them beforehand, they will pull out all the stops and make a cake, set off fireworks, sing happy birthday and then kadir will entertain you with his magic tricks.  I had my birthday there last year, unfortunately I'm a lot older than 14, but I'm sure your daughter would love it.   :)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »
Totally agree with Lizilu20, Kaya is the place to go.  8)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
Sounds great, thanks for your advice, we are so looking forward to our first visit, we understand that it isnt Marmaris and wouldnt want it to be, we just didnt want to end up anywhere quiet and romantic on her birthday, although we do love those kind of restaurants as well!! cheers guys!  :D

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »
No, seriously, if you're into authentic Turkish cuisine, I've heard that there is a brand new Indian restaurant opening in Kalkan this summer.  By all accounts, it should be a right home from home and I am sure will serve lovely Indian food with a great atmosphere. Maybe no party tricks like setting fire to flammable liquids or magic tricks but a damned good Argi Bhaji :angel: :angel:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 12:47:07 PM »
I'd say Kaya as well...they can always go somewhere else after...

People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »
Ok, first of all, just a bit of fun. Now, you need friends  :D ;) :D

Bazza are there any (wonderful) 'colours' in your world  ??? 8) ???
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »
Wherever you choose Mrs P I'm sure you will have a great time. We've been going to Kalkan for several years with our daughter and various friends and boyfriends since they were young teenagers. Contrary to what has been written on here recently young people love Kalkan even those who would normally like wild nights clubbing at home. My younger daughter is going to Kalkan with 3 friends this summer all aged 21.....they plan to go out for a nice meal each evening followed by a couple of drinks. Kalkan is a grat place for teenagers and young people Mrs P I'm sure you will all love it. Oh course it's lovely for their 'ageing' parents too and when they grow up a bit you get to travel by yourselves  :laugh:

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Kaya is lovely but for a bit of a view the harbour restaurants can't be beaten (although a lot more expensive). Any restaurant you go to will welcome you and give you a great time if you let them know. But for something a bit different, you could go out in a boat for a barbecue. They start with a swim, cook the barbecue on board and then have a bit of music etc while you look at the stars and enjoy the views on the way back.  If you go for a private boat they will be happy to play the music they like. A bit of a change from home.
During the day, I would highly recommend Kalamar Beach Club, lots of water sports, cheapie but nice lunch and same age group people there, or Saklikent Gorge, a bit of water rafting, walking through the river into the gorge and a few restaurants on the river. Both great days out for that age group, but fun for you as well.  Just enjoy your day.

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
Thanks so much everybody, seems like Kalkan is going to be a fantastic and friendly place to holiday, we can't wait.  The restaurants all sound great and we are going to have a look at the rafting!

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »
I would thoroughly recommend a boat trip for the day, hire one just for the six of you (we always do Moby dick) they will stop in various bays for you to go for a swim, depends what time of year you are going of course but in late summer the water is like getting in a warm bath. A fantastic meal is served to you and later cake and tea, if you let them know it's a birthday trip they will get a birthday cake. After a long day out on a boat (10am to 5pm) maybe just enjoy a pizza at Foto pizza relaxing atmosphere, great views and simple tasty food, The cost for a day out including your meal on board will be less than one of the harbour side restaurants for six.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 11:57:48 PM »
In my opinion, a boat trip with a BBQ lunch. Followed by an ice cream at fenner at the harbour. Then in the evening, maybe pizza at Akin, great views of the harbour and waiters have kept my children( now adult)entertained with tricks, jokes etc, many many times.

Could I also comment, although not connected to the original question. Perhaps, certain people posting unhelpful and frankly, inflamitary comments, stop.
Indian restaurants, Marmaris, lower class thing, is starting to get really really boring, yawn!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 08:06:57 AM »
We had a great birthday celebration in Agora last year fireworks, birthday cake the lot and we were treat like Kings, it has a very relaxed atmosphere too and food is also really good - there was 12 of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. However all the reastaurants will treat you well if they know its a birthday i have seen cakes and fireworks in Mussakka Trio and many others - Mussakka on the harbour is also another one i would say would be great for the age group too. Whatever you choose you will all have fun and be spoilt as that is the nature of the Kalkan people so enjoy.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »
I would go with Kaya for the magic tricks but would also recommend Alternatif. They have fireworks and cake....
Alternatif is on the right as you go down the bank opposite moonlight. Kaya is opposite the main roundabout at the end of Kalamar road
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »
Agora and Alternatif are definetly the two i would consider,the food is very very good and the entertainment second to none................i also agree that stupid comments about Indian restaurants,Marmaris etc dont add much to the conversation and are very boring !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:59 AM »
Well said Lilly and Mayday!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Galatasaray Celebrations!

Started by felicity on The Everything Else Area!

29 Replies
Last post June 04, 2008, 06:26:48 PM
by Enişte
xx
Birthday

Started by david stokes on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post June 01, 2016, 10:49:56 AM
by Chris_S
xx
Mussakka's 4th Birthday

Started by Pompeyalbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 07, 2012, 09:59:47 PM
by Athena
xx
Birthday in Kalkan

Started by khancock on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post September 09, 2012, 05:59:28 PM
by Helshe

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal