Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A very Turkish restaurant!  (Read 6992 times)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
A very Turkish restaurant!
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »
Opened on Monday!  Can be reached either from the top end of the bus station, going straight across the main drag down to the village and following the slightly climbing road around to the left.  The restaurant, as yet unnamed, is on the right, just past the first small road up.  Easier approach for most is from town, heading up the main road to the bus station and instead of turning right to the belediye, turning left after Ziraat Bankasi and climbing the steepish hill to the top, where there is a large triangular traffic island, then turning right, with the restaurant 100m along on the left.  It was dark when we arrived so maybe I missed a landmark more obvious!

The fare is simple but delicious - the menu is one sheet of A4 - it seems to be a selectıon of starters (lovely soups and salads with plenty of home made olive oil) and then one or two main dishes each day.  We had lovely large bowls of soup then (homegrown) chicken and potatoes.  The owners, Gürsel and Eser, could not be helpful enough and also gave us a lovely bowl of again homegrown melon and cherries.  All-in with a drink each, 19TL, plus the offer of a ride home.  The promise of really special köfte is hanging in the air to tempt me back!  Oh, and they have beer too but apparently not wine or the hard stuff.  One more note - watch out for Chico!......

Why not give them a try?  Perhaps this will restore the balance that was so seriously damaged by a few Yorkshire puddings up the road

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3828.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Re: A very Turkish restaurant!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:41:20 AM »
Goodness Eniste - that is just behind our villa - but as I came home on Monday - I too missed it and didnt even see it being prepared for opening... :o :o  I will look out for it when I go back as that truly could be the nearest place for me to eat and with no hills to climb....LOL!!

thanks for letting us know and good to meet you the other week - hope to be able to chat to you longer another time..!!   :D :D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »
The light of day and the help of an aerial photo now shows that this restaurant is within a stones throw of the green school!  How did I miss that?  Perhaps my craving for cold Efes blurred my vision.

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
I think this is the same one that my turkish neighbour bought me a "Turkish" takeaway from- cost us 6l each!

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:29 AM »
Sounds good, might give it a try in October!

By the way, who''s Chico??

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
Chico isn''''t he a singer(ish)from X Factor that relased "chico time" ? ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 10:38:56 AM »
Thank you for asking.  He is their security against anyone doing a runner - a very powerful pooch that sits by the gate.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »
It''s not a beautiful light coloured mastiff type i saw wandering about up there is it? ;)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »
That''s probably him - a Mastiff lite or bull terrier extra sizewise.  Most definitely ''him'', by the way, as when he walked away from our table, it looked like someone had attached most of a pawnbroker''s sign to his rear end, something that Mrs E noticed first!  Perhaps a job for KAPSA''s International Rescue unit.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
reminds me of two men in a pub they were watching a Great Dane lying in front of the fire licking it''s wotnots.."Wish i could do that said one man"..."give him a biscuit and he might let you" said the other...
seriously though this sounds like the smashing dog i used to fuss when i was there in june
i shall defo look out for this eaterie!! ;)

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »
reminds me of two men in a pub they were watching a Great Dane lying in front of the fire licking it''s wotnots.."Wish i could do that said one man"..."give him a biscuit and he might let you" said the other...
seriously though this sounds like the smashing dog i used to fuss when i was there in june
i shall defo look out for this eaterie!! ;)

God, you make me laugh!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 01:45:17 PM »
We're off to this restaurant again tonight for their köfte.  I was delighted to hear that someone went there and mentioned my original post, so EK is again serving the Kalkan community.  I will report back again if they are planning a tarts and vicars party, bingo night or something similar!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Another fantastic evening.  Evimiz means 'our home' and boy does it live up to that welcoming name!  The köfte were as good as expected, with delicious green bean starter and yogurt with cucumber and mint, beautiful grılled veggies with the köfte and melon for dessert.  Two beers and two ayran, total under a tenner and another offer of a lift home and a collection when we next plan to visit.  Service was again immaculate, this time also from the next generation of the family, Uçal, Turgut and Murat.  Good to see another family of five there, not because of EK but because they had walked past from their villa and wanted to support new and very local business.  The three boys certainly seemed to enjoy theır mixed barbeque!  One more plus - very good Turkish music coming across loud and clear from the Samira Deluxe.

Has this been positive enough?  I could type more!  No news on the bingo night, so sorry to dısappoint those that were waiting for that news first!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:44:53 AM by EniÅŸte »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
What!! no vicars and tarts night planned?...i'd been out and bought a new frock ;D

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:47 AM »
Do you have their telephone number?

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 10:25:48 AM »
Area code 242 then 844 1366.  Gürsel's cell phone number is also on the menu - 0535 686 2942.  Mention Enjoy Kalkan - who knows what benefits there might be (for me)?

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:56 PM »
Thanks for the numbers Eniste.  I'm certainly going to try it soon.

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »
How far is Evimiz from the Samira hotel - walkable?  sorry just can't place where you mean?

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 07:33:22 AM »
From Samira Deluxe it's a lovely flat walk.  From Samira near the centre, it's probably 5-10 mins, all uphill bar the first 50 and the last 100 yards, but you will be even more ready for a cold drink on arrival!  At the Sevil supermarket/Kalamar road roundabout, turn right uphill,  away from the centre, go as far as the red Ziraat Bank building on the left, opposite the main market street and then turn left and climb up to the triangular traffic island at the top, then right, and Evimiz is 100 yards or so along on the left, on the corner of Yakamoz Sokak.  Enjoy!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
Eniste the supermarket at the roundabout is now Teskow not Sevil. The Sevil has moved further up the road, opposite Kartin.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Delight??? Turkish Bath/Spa answers needed please?

Started by iminei on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
by iminei
xx
WANT TO GET BY IN TURKISH

Started by askhalil on Talking Turkish

0 Replies
Last post October 03, 2009, 11:23:50 AM
by askhalil
xx
turkish will

Started by waterskibabe on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 26, 2011, 01:16:43 PM
by waterskibabe
xx
Turkish Will

Started by Denners on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post November 16, 2009, 05:54:37 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Going Home

Views: 3910
By: Buster
Symi