Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A little task/favour  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
A little task/favour
« on: June 24, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »
Hi all, we will be in Kalkan in September for our third trip  ;D but this time we will have our baby daughter who will be just over 6 months. The villa we are renting supplies a travel cot and high chair, but I was wondering if some kind person who is currently in Kalkan or going soon could have a look in the supermarket to see if they sell her Formula, it's Aptamil (or probably Milupa in Turkey) it's in a blue tub and also the instant ready made cartons of the same stuff. And a couple of brands of baby food jars. Just seeing if we can save on packing everything she will need. Thank you so much  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12846.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: A little task/favour
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:40:10 AM »
Hi HL28,

Have no fear you can get just about everything your baby needs in Kalkans supermarkets, there is even a baby shop, a sort of VERY Very very small mothercare.

We have 6 grandkids aged between 6 months & 6 years and all of them have been coming yo Kalkan since they were tiny baby's......from memory the youngest was just 10 weeks old.

They def sell the milk you want.....from memory does it go 1/2/3/4 or something like that.

Don't forget to let us know how you got on on your holiday ???
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 09:42:25 AM »
Ah thanks, yep that's the stuff we are still on number "1". Whereabouts is the baby shop? How did your little ones get on with the water to make up bottles?

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 10:31:46 AM »
You could always make your baby's food from the abundance of lovely fresh fruit and veg available. Just my opinion, but much better than jars.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 11:10:59 AM »
They use bottled water.

The baby shop is just up the hill ( as if you were going out of town ) on the right hand side pop
then up a bit from the new bar called 'Lime' it used to be called 'Parc Kalkan'

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 11:13:04 AM »
opp, not, pop

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
That's  great, thanks  :) I plan on making my own food for bubba, but just wanted to know about jars as a back up lol ;)

Offline marquic

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »
Hi there,

We just got back from Kalkan this-morning so I can't double check the supermarkets for you but we travelled with our little boy twice last year when he was 8months and 11 months and found that both Yali and Carrefour are very well stocked for baby supplies including the formula powder I think you need and also Pampers nappies (called Prima in Turkey). The nappies are scented which takes a bit of getting used to. I assume this is the reason they don't sell nappy sacks anywhere so be sure to stock up on those before you go.

They also have the pre prepared cartons of formula in the supermarkets, although again I can't be sure they stocked aptamil but note that this is found alongside the other UHT milk in the supermarkets rather than beside the normal baby supplies (opposite the cheese/yoghurt fridge in Yali and on the end of an aisle in Carrefour if I remember correctly).

For peace of mind, we ordered our formula and cartons from Boots and had it delivered to the branch in the airport which can be collected airside and therefore doesn't count towards your baggage allowance or need to go through security. We were using Hipp organic which I have still never seen in Kalkan even though I've seen people saying it can be found. Take a look at www.kalkanconcierge.com for some other useful stuff which can be provided for you while you are there.

We took Milton sterilising tablets with us for cleaning bottles which worked well in the absence of a microwave or electric steriliser. We just filled up a pot in the apartment with tap water measured out using empty water bottles.

I'm sure they must have jars of baby food but I can't say I've checked. We travelled this year with a good few days worth of homemade food with us which really helped so we had time to get to the market for supplies and make some batches up (try and get this all done in a day or 2 so you can relax for the rest of the holiday). We also took some tiny pasta, rice, flour, weetabix etc so we didn't need to buy huge bags flour/rice/pasta for making cheese sauces etc but if your LO is only going to be starting weaning by then you probably wont need to worry about any of those things. Freezer bags are great for storing and reheating all the batch food.

We are back in Kalkan for 2 weeks from August 25th so give me a shout if there is anything you want checked before you head off.... I fully understand how stressful it can be travelling with a small baby.

I hope this all helps with your packing list  :)

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 09:30:01 PM »
Thank you so much marquic for your very helpful post  ;D just out of interest how much did you order from boots to collect airside?

Offline marquic

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »
I think we got two boxes of powder formula and 12 cartons of ready-made stuff when we went the first time and less the 2nd time because he had dropped down to 2 bottles a day by then. We just made sure to have a fairly empty hand luggage bag to put it all in.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
a favour please

Started by whiteonyx on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post October 24, 2011, 12:08:54 PM
by whiteonyx
xx
A real big Favour

Started by suzyq1 on Classifieds - Wanted

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal