Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: a little bit of help please!  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Lovingkalkan678

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
a little bit of help please!
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »
Hey there,
Relatively new to this im afraid! Have known about enjoy kalkan for a while but always read and never posted haha. I am in a bit of a predicament here. I rented my villa out for the entirety of last year and have just got to kalkan this year. We have decided to stay in the villa this summer (Thank God) but upon return we found it in a state of disregard. Due to renting last year the majority of our towels, bed sheets and all of our towelling robes have been stolen or misplaced. I am furious as i had built up a lovely collection of very diverse Turkish beach towels that i had spent ages finding. Our outside furniture has also been pulled to pieces (it was rattan) and many of the chairs stand broken. i am rather heartbroken as i loved the set we had and it took a lot of searching to find! could anybody recommend a good towel/ turkish towel/ textile store in kalkan? it must be of high quality but not too expensive (i know im asking miracles) and i also need to buy it all from the same place due to being rather short on everything and we have friends arriving in matter of days. Also, is there an outdoor furniture shop available in kalkan (NOT KELEBEK) as we cant travel too far due to being very busy. Preferably Rattan furniture? HELP ME HERE PEOPLE!

Kind Regards,
Woman at the end of her tether 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12886.0

Offline BeyazGül Apt.

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: a little bit of help please!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
We use Tanner, after Blue Turtle and Chillies Restaurant on Akdeniz Cadessi,good for bedding and towels but not sure where to get Rattan furniture from.

Good Luck
Stuart.
Owners Direct 8161882 
also on twitter #SSPLUS4
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:57:18 PM by white rose »

Offline KlknBtrc

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »
Hi ,

Thursday Market has nice and quality towels , Beddings if you ask them they can suply, Also good bargain time there, for towels because everybudy has set up villas.

Arçelik shop by the Trafic lights they have rattan furnitures and   Neco furniture shop by the yeşilkoy road .

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:42:16 PM »
I would second Neco for rattan furniture. Carrefour also had some decent rattan furniture at the start of the season.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 08:09:58 PM »
Lovingkalkan678 I would suggest you have a serious talk with your management company. In many years of renting I have never returned to my villa to find it in a state of disregard.  This is what you pay your company to do, manage it in your absence!
As has been suggested many shops in Kalkan selling towels and bed linen. There is one particular stall at the weekly market who have a great range of towels.  I would also second Neco for furniture.
Good luck with getting everything ready for your friends' arrival and I hope you get things sorted soon.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »

Hi

There is a new furniture store at the bottom of the D400 out of Kalkan just past the Firniz Bay turn off and just along from the Petrol Ofisi petrol station

I think it is called Living ??

It is brand new and has a wonderful range of furniture both indoor / outdoor

When people have been here they will never go to Bravo Casa [Kelebeck as was ] again

They also stock fabrics towels etc

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 09:45:45 PM »
I agree - strong words with your management are definitely in order....!!

With regard to rattan furniture -there is also a good selection at Can Perforje at the Yali complex or their new showroom just up the road near the green school.
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Lovingkalkan678

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
Thank you ever so much all!
Yes we had a peer at the market yesterday but the things are too expensive i think for the quality that they are.
We heard off a few people about the store near green village on the D400 so had a drive up there! Its called Just Living i think Kevincat. The man who works there, Tim i think his name was, was very helpful! I was a bit wary at first, for i said to my husband that it looks pretty expensive from the outside. Was delighted at the quality and prices however! Safe to say i got everything i needed and more haha! Yes Felicity and Charlie, more than strong words were said - safe to say we are now on the hunt for a new management! Will not disclose on here for i would never wish to ruin anybody's business.
Thank you all again for your help!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »
Glad you got sorted.  Must have a look in the new shop in September, sounds great.  Good luck with sourcing a maintenance company, it seems the good ones are few and far between!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »
Please can you tell me where the green village is, we are in Kalkan at the moment looking for villa furniture.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »
Alantj the green village is Yeslikoy.  The shop is located along the D400 heading toward Patara.  The shop is new premises located on your right hand side before the turn off to Yesilkoy. We saw it when we were there earlier in the year but it hadn't opened then.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
The Green village I'd in fact Yesilkoy .
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal