Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: hobbo on August 09, 2012, 01:54:02 PM

Title: iPhone suffering in the climate
Post by: hobbo on August 09, 2012, 01:54:02 PM
Just spent a fab 2+ weeks in Kalkan, several days were quite hot and humid and on one of these days my iPhone died  :'(, talking to a few people it appears it is quite common. Having done quite a bit of faffing about trying and failing to reset the iPhone etc I found the problem. the socket on the bottom of the phone gets quite a bit of fluff trapped in it, this fluff absorbs moisture from a sweaty pocket and shorts the contacts out, all I did was carefully clean it out (with a wooden toothpick!), reset the phone and recharged it and it appears to work again  8), all data now safely backed up just incase!
Just thought it was worth sharing.

Also interestingly I did hear that moisture damage due to conditions of high humidity sweat etc. may not be covered by insurance, whilst jumping in the pool with phone in pocket may be covered??
Title: Re: iPhone suffering in the climate
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 09, 2012, 03:31:33 PM
Thanks for that tip Hobbo. I had trouble charging my iPhone this year. Within 6 hrs or so, the battery was completely dead but it's fine and dandy again at home. Not sure what that was all about  ??? Glad you have arrived home safe and sound.  :)
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 09, 2012, 10:30:21 PM
You did switch off data roaming didn't you, Lizilu? :o
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 09, 2012, 11:22:25 PM
Yes, I did thanks K4E, at least I think I did!!  :o
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal