Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: amberpop on August 07, 2012, 02:59:58 PM

Title: Agora Restaurant
Post by: amberpop on August 07, 2012, 02:59:58 PM
The Agora restaurant is one of the many ones we want to try in Kalkan, have managed to locate the others on ktln location codes but not the Agora. We are staying in Truffle residences, can anyone give us an idea how to get to the Agora.

Thanks,

Anne and Jim
Title: Re: Agora Restaurant
Post by: tonik1945 on August 07, 2012, 03:07:46 PM
Hi
It's down the road opposite Moonlight bar. If you sign up with KTLN (it's free) http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com you will find loads of information including a map of Kalkan. Have a good browse through the business directory I think you might enjoy it  :)
Post by: chrissy1 on August 07, 2012, 03:27:36 PM
Hi amberpop, do you know where mojito bar is as Agora is down the little street opposite mojito. If you dont know that if you know cafe Zula it is next door to that or opposite Ramis restaurant, failing you not knowing any of them if you walk into town towards moonlight bar (everyone knows that) and walk down the slope opposite there its the 1st little street on the left just opposite the last of the steps and is the 1st thing you come to. hope you enjoy it there as it is one of our favourites for this year and cant wait to go back in August, the lovely Hasan on the frontof house will sort you out a nice table I am sure.
Post by: felicity on August 07, 2012, 03:42:32 PM
Had an absolutely delicious meal there last week - with great views and a great ambience they couldnt do enough to please!  I will be going back and I wish Bora and his team good luck in their new venture! :)
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 07, 2012, 09:11:37 PM
I couldn't agree more, we went twice during our recent holiday and it was fabulous. Delicious food, not over facing, just the right portion sizes for me as I could just about squeeze a pud in. Thanks for the recommendation chrissy1, the apricot pud was amazing!! The service is also great, very attentive and respectful. Nothing was too much trouble.
Post by: BarbH on August 07, 2012, 09:33:05 PM
I also agree what a lovely place Agora is. Went there twice on our  recent holiday. Food was well presented and the wine reasonably priced. We tried one called Agora which was nice...not to be confused with Angora.

It was nice to see Bora doing so well, both times the place was full
Post by: JenJen on August 07, 2012, 09:53:49 PM
I'm so excited to try this place when we're in Kalkan in one month (21 days left in work.....not that I'm counting). I'm definitely going to save room for the famous Apricot Pudding which everyone has been raving about  :)
Post by: chrissy1 on August 08, 2012, 09:08:21 AM
I agree it is so well deserving of all the rave reports we went about 6 times in 3 weeks and each time was perfect some of the turkish dishes are lovely and i also enjoyed some of the not so rich foods like the lemon sole with pea puree and the lear fish and oh yes the apricot pud is delicious everyone says so. They are doing soooo well there and i hope it continues altho getting bit worried now about getting a table when we go back in August, it is also a nice place to sit outside on the comfy seats to have a pre or after dinner drink. We also had a birthday party of 11 people and we were treat like kings they got everything spot on and the bill was amazing for what we all had well done Bora mehmet hasan and all the boys.
Post by: Irene on August 08, 2012, 09:23:09 AM
Totally agree with all the above, we went twice in June, simply lovely.   Agora reminds me of the  charm that Kalkan restaurants had  when we first visited seven years ago,  food is amazing and the atmosphere really chilled - hope it can manage to retain its simple but successful ethos - at least until we return in October!.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal