Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: FWFrog on July 22, 2012, 02:28:28 PM

Title: Yildiz - Best Boat Trip!
Post by: FWFrog on July 22, 2012, 02:28:28 PM
We spent a week in Kalkan this summer.  Our first time - loved it!

The highlight of our trip was our chartered sunset sail on the Yildiz.  I couldn't imagine a more perfect evening for our family.  The boat is beautifull and exceptionally clean.  The captain and his family are gracious, professional and welcoming.  The food was exceptional - probably the best meal we had while in Kalkan.  It's a great evening that I highly recommend.
Title: Re: Yildiz - Best Boat Trip!
Post by: helen1 on July 28, 2012, 08:50:14 AM
Agreed. We did the daytime trip and it was superb. We have done many boat trips over the years we have been going to Kalkan but this was the best by far.
Post by: Kalkankt on August 08, 2012, 08:29:14 AM
We are booked in for Saturday I can't wait. How do we find them though? I have no directions!
Post by: itstime on August 08, 2012, 08:36:10 AM
Just pop down to the harbour, all the boats will be there and will be easy to find :)
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 08, 2012, 08:43:59 AM
I know it sounds strange but the boats can be found in the water at the harbour!  ;D
Sorry, only joking, just my sense of humour!
If you go down to the Pirat Hotel / Marina Restaurant area you can then walk along the harbour and see all the boats in a row. Just look out for the name or ask anyone.
B
Post by: tonik1945 on August 08, 2012, 11:34:19 AM
They are situated behind Aurbergine restaurant (look carefully for the steps down as they are easy to miss)
Post by: Kalkankt on August 08, 2012, 12:46:05 PM
Thank you! We went down last night but it was dark and the boats I could see weren't the right ones. I know exactly where aubergine is though so thats really helpful - thank you!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 08, 2012, 01:15:13 PM
Hi kalkankt they were probably out on a Moonlight cruise. There were a lot of boats out last night. We are going on yildez in a couple of weeks time. Can't wait.  :)
Post by: Kajfish on August 09, 2012, 06:55:14 AM
We arrive in Kalkan tomorrow night and have already booked a daytime trip on Yildiz 2 for 16 August.  It was so easy to do online, I emailed and they replied with all of the info I needed straight away. Can't wait and think we'll probably end up doing the evening trip too  :)
Post by: IssyG on August 09, 2012, 02:56:45 PM
We have been on Yildiz boats for the last five years and they are fantastic.  We visited in June this year and twelve of us had an absolutely amazing trip.  My sister and her family have been on boats trips all over the world and thought this was the best.
We are off to Egypt next week for a change but I can't help thinking that I will be comparing everything to Kalkan and that Egypt will come off worse. 
Oh well, back to Kalkan next summer me thinks!
Post by: Kalkankiwi on August 09, 2012, 05:49:29 PM
Spent yesterday with Capt Abdi on  his  Pina X boat. Have to say he is right up there with Yildiz. Lovely spotless boat and great food .This was our 4th boat trip over the past 3 years and always a fantastic day at sea.

KK
Post by: suziq on August 09, 2012, 07:16:02 PM
Have to agree, Pina X is a fabulous day out. We have done it 3 times and the day is always perfect with an amazing lunch. Cptn. Abdi is a lovely man and makes you very welcome.
Post by: MightyAphrodite on August 21, 2012, 06:19:12 AM
Anyone who has their heart set on a trip on the Yildiz boats, I would recommend booking by email before you travel.  We wandered down to the boats last night to enquiry about booking for the end of this week and their next available spaces for daytime trips is 30th August!  Damn my other half for wanting to be spontaneous... :-\
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 21, 2012, 06:43:26 AM
Thats such a shame. We did email and book ours but only after much persuasion to my OH. He too wanted to be spontaneous but l insisted gently. We are on yildez moonlight cruise tonight and their day cruise on saturday. Sorry you havent been able to book and hope you have managed to book something else though. Looking forward to meeting you at the pirat.

J
Post by: Firecat on August 21, 2012, 01:47:50 PM
The availability calendar on the Yildiz web site does not show the boats as being booked up so it is deceptive. I tried to arrange a booking via the specific link on the site but just got an error message about the server rejecting the connection and lost everything I had written. I will email them direct instead.
Post by: jennywren on August 31, 2012, 04:20:02 PM
Does anyone have a contact email so I can book the Yildiz 2 prior to our travel date?

Thanks
Jennifer
Post by: Firecat on August 31, 2012, 08:56:32 PM
osman@yildizboat.com
Post by: jennywren on September 03, 2012, 04:57:55 PM
Thanks Firecat!
Post by: Pompeyalbie on September 03, 2012, 07:21:50 PM
Funnily enough I was just looking at the brochure we picked up in May, the email address on the brochure is osmanyildizboat@hotmail.com , the website is www.yildizboat.com .
Post by: Firecat on September 03, 2012, 07:51:40 PM
I'm just quoting the email addy he used with me last week. Probably both are functional.
Post by: Newbies on September 03, 2012, 08:23:23 PM
We go out on The Muddy - superb trips and managed a day & sunset trip this year - can't recommend it highly enough
Post by: Firecat on September 03, 2012, 08:42:32 PM
Is it actually possible to have a BAD boat trip in Kalkan? I'm not actually sure it is. I am looking forward to my day out on the Yildiz 2 but I also intend to book a day out on one of the Sunset boats because I had such a great time two years ago and I hear terrific things about several other boats too. I love being out on the water and could probably use up my entire 10 days with daily boat trips. Not a bad idea actually as they are great value when you consider what you'd spend on a day out in Kalkan, maybe a beach club, lunch etc.
Post by: Pompeyalbie on October 10, 2012, 08:27:35 AM
We went out with Adem on Yildiz 3 on Monday as Yildiz 2 was booked for a private party, it was every bit as good, his mother or mother in law did the cooking and it was really nice. A fabulous day swimming in the bays and the sea was nice and warm considering it was October.
Post by: Sandancer on February 23, 2013, 08:24:34 AM
Emailed last night for info on boat trips this coming May and had a reply this morning with full details. Going by these reviews we will definately be taking both the daytime and sunset sails. Can't wait.
Post by: Skunk on February 23, 2013, 09:43:18 AM
which email address did you use Sandancer? There seem te several on this thread.  ??? ::)
Post by: Sandancer on February 23, 2013, 02:52:53 PM
osman@yildizboat.com

Post by: Skunk on February 23, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
Cheers.  Will definitely be going again this year.  :) :) :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal