Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 03:17:07 PM

Title: Flights
Post by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 03:17:07 PM
Blinkin eck ! I have just been checking the flights from Manchester for 25 august ...... cheapest I can find is ......... £400 ! and that is without the add ons.  :-\
Title: Re: Flights
Post by: hobbo on July 18, 2012, 03:33:26 PM
where are you looking.. www.skyscanner.net (http://www.skyscanner.net) has several around the £100 mark.
Post by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 03:35:37 PM
Looked on airflights ect..... is that price from manchester ,but not return,It cant be ?
Post by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 03:43:23 PM
just checked ,great prices going out,but .... £250 + and all the extras to come home is still very high,but thanks ,I will keep my eye out for a cheapish flight home,maybe I can work something out . 
Post by: hobbo on July 18, 2012, 03:49:11 PM
Sorry yes one way, you only mentioned the 25th and from Manchester... if you need to return during the first few days of Sept it's expensive as seats are full of people coming back to the UK for school.
Post by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 03:54:01 PM
Its still the best I have found,... £274 rtn+ add ons ,thanks I will keep my eye on them .    ;)
Post by: sally on July 18, 2012, 03:59:56 PM
You might find it cheaper to take a package to somewhere like Marmaris & just use the flight bit of it! 

I've done that in the past (on a last minute holiday) & it was fine.  I just told the rep that I'd see her at the airport a week later.
Post by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 04:08:07 PM
Ive looked at doing that Sally,but I want to go to Kalkan,so the transfer would be a lot of money,could use the bus system but it wastes to much time,but its a good Idea .
Post by: sally on July 18, 2012, 05:29:54 PM
Just take the flight part of the holiday - lots of deals to Marmaris & you'll fly into Dalaman.  Leave the package there , as it were.You'll still have the transfer if you ararnge your own flight - won't you?

Post by: fidimax on July 18, 2012, 05:38:38 PM
Ahhhh, thanks Sally ,I will have a look at marmaris,you are a gem .....
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 18, 2012, 06:28:14 PM
We've been looking at September - after the school holidays are over and they are still coming out at around £700 for the two of us - with luggage. That's using skyscanner going out on Monarch (fairly cheap) coming back on easyJet (ridiculous) plus EJ slap on an admin charge if you're only using them for a one way flight - cheek!!
We haven't actually managed to get round our work committments yet...but I think if I see a cheap flight and go for it, it will seal the deal with BH. There seems to be plenty of accomodation but our favourite place is already booked....should have kept quiet about that :P
Will look at Sally's suggestion, but the problem with package is we can't do 12 nights with most - they're fixed at one or two weeks, generally :(
Post by: Skunk on July 18, 2012, 06:38:19 PM
I think EJ are slapping on an admin charge for both single and return journeys.  :o :o :o ::) ??? >:(
Post by: hobbo on July 18, 2012, 06:51:45 PM
We have had guests fly in to Antalya and out of Dalaman and save >£100 each, worth a look at different combinations to see if that saves anything (remember to allow the additional transfer costs)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal