Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Skunk on July 11, 2012, 06:59:55 PM

Title: Live Turkish Music in Kalkan
Post by: Skunk on July 11, 2012, 06:59:55 PM
Where do people recommend going for some traditional Turkish music?  We used to go to Belgin's but for the past few years they haven't had any playing.  8)
Title: Re: Live Turkish Music in Kalkan
Post by: Chucky on July 11, 2012, 08:16:27 PM
If you look on the Noticeboard  Eniste has posted that they have Turkish music  at the Parc and at Topaz- "have a new singer, Müfide Inselel, who performs some wonderful Turkish classics.  Müfide is at Parc on Wednesdays and at Topaz on Saturdays."

Post by: Enişte on July 11, 2012, 09:37:02 PM
Thanks Joan.  I am currently listening to Müfide and her daughter Sera singing an Adele song but they have a good crowd in for some classic Turkish folk songs on guitar and vocal plus some lovely songs in French and Spanish.  Aklan at Parc tomorrow too!
Post by: Skunk on July 11, 2012, 10:30:08 PM
Thanks Eniste and Joan - alreay noted in  the now (or about to become)  famous little black book.  Will be there from 6th August.  Eniste, I will ask for you and say hi! SX  ;D ;D :)
Post by: Enişte on July 12, 2012, 12:17:59 PM
Look forward to meeting you next month Skunk!
Post by: emma on July 14, 2012, 06:53:12 PM
Nevin and Thomas were playing in Kalkan 2 days a week when we were last there in June. They were at Kaptan's on the Kalama road on mondays and Korsan fish terrace on tuesdays. Excellent traditional Turkish music , Nevin has the most beautiful voice, you wont be dissapointed.  :)
Post by: Skunk on July 14, 2012, 08:02:33 PM
Thanks for that tip Emma.  I think I may have heard him at Kaptan one evening on the way past!  :) :) :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal