Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: Bexscho on July 02, 2012, 08:11:45 PM

Title: breakfast
Post by: Bexscho on July 02, 2012, 08:11:45 PM
Hi all :D

Where do people tend to go for breakfast in kalkan? We are planning on going out for breakfast most days and could do with some recommendations.

Thanks
Title: Re: breakfast
Post by: Lizilu20 on July 02, 2012, 08:40:55 PM
Hi Bexscho,
I can definitely recommend fener cafe by the harbour for breakfast. Excellent value for money and great for watching the boats set off on their day trips. I can also recommend cafe vita. They do a lovely Turkish breakfast and OH had a full English for the first time at Easter this year. He said it was excellent and the best he has ever had abroad. I am also going to try cafe merkez this year as I believe they do a mean Menemen.  :)
Post by: Bexscho on July 02, 2012, 08:57:18 PM
Thanks lizilu  ;D

We have been to fener and vita for lunch before but breakfast has always been at the apartment.can't wait to try them both.

Post by: Em1 on July 02, 2012, 09:26:51 PM
We like the Fener at the harbour for breakfast (and lunch :)) Give it a try ;D
Post by: Charlie on July 02, 2012, 09:51:28 PM
Fener gets my vote too!  Have also heard Ayse's kitchen at the bus station and Cafe Ev do a great breakfast.
Post by: pw on July 03, 2012, 10:11:52 AM
Try Chillies, their full English is amazing..... Not for every day but for a special treat or hangover cure it's the best. Check out their fb page and you can see a pic of it. Otherwise toast & marmite to keep the mozzies at bay.......found out last week marmite doesn't work though!

PW
Post by: JenJen on July 03, 2012, 11:10:18 AM
Another vote for Fener!  Great choice of breakfasts at reasonable prices and in a lovely setting. 

If you're planning on visiting beach clubs, I'd also recommend the Turkish breakfast at Palm Beach Club in one of the Ottoman seating areas :)
Post by: HolmfirthNicky on July 03, 2012, 01:08:22 PM
We went to Cafe Leon one morning for breakfast after sleeping in late and missing the hotel breakfast and we just fancied trying their English full monty fry up , it was very good and hit the spot!! Plus they do a delicous breakfast smoothie.
Post by: turkeyfan on July 03, 2012, 02:09:46 PM
We like Ada Patisserie on the Kalamar Road for a Turkish breakfast and if you are looking for a mega full English, Aubergine takes some beating - it's huge!
Post by: Bexscho on July 03, 2012, 09:37:49 PM
Thanks everyone  ;D
Post by: Skunk on July 03, 2012, 11:17:00 PM
I love a good English or Turkish breakfast but whre does that leave you for lunch??  ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D
Post by: Jamera on July 04, 2012, 01:21:18 PM
If we arrive on one of the later flights into Kalkan - then the first morning breakfast has to be Ada Patisserie on the Kalamar Road - a complete feast - and then you just have to buy some Baklava for later that night - just to complete the Turkey first day fix ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal