Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Reygirl on December 31, 2007, 07:10:02 PM

Title: Easyjet
Post by: Reygirl on December 31, 2007, 07:10:02 PM
I''ve just seen on the Easyjet website that flights from Gatwick to Dalaman go on sale tomorrow.  Happy new year!
Title: Re: Easyjet
Post by: Kalkan-Mina on December 31, 2007, 08:05:20 PM
A happy new year to everyone.

Easyjet quoting from £44.99

Have a great 2008

Colin
kalkan-mina

Post by: jinfizzz on December 31, 2007, 08:16:51 PM
Has anyone actually found a return flight as every date I''ve put in comes up with "No return flights available".  I''m looking at April.  Totally flexible.
Post by: Tatilde on December 31, 2007, 08:22:10 PM
Same here Jinfizzz. I''m looking for September flights and they seem quite expensive.
Post by: kal1 on December 31, 2007, 08:53:04 PM
Hi Jinfizz
I have selected several return dates and only gives the outbound. I assume they are still loading the details??
Post by: Adrian on January 01, 2008, 12:52:57 PM
Thanks for the tip off - comparing the price to our BA booking for May easyjet are actually £200 more expensive  :o  We already took the plunge & converted but if you have a BA booking & haven''t done anything be sure to check everything out.
Post by: Charlie on January 01, 2008, 12:58:15 PM
Seems the Wednesday flights are a great price.  £27.99 to Dalaman and only £19.99 for the return.  Problem is will you find a place to stay in Kalkan Wed to Wed?  Still glad I booked aegean.
Post by: felicity on January 01, 2008, 02:35:44 PM
I too have been looking and am failing to find return flights too - bizarre!!   ???  Re: wednesday bookings - for such a cheap price - very good value - and Charlie - I will certainly be taking wednesday -wednesday bookings for our villa - other than during August - I think with the amount of competition there is in Kalkan with the glut of villas and apartments - we will all be glad to take whatever bookings come our way than rigidly sticking to Mondays or Fridays or whatever!   ;)
Post by: Chucky on January 01, 2008, 02:53:24 PM
Snap, plus it means that guests can avoid the "cattle market" that Dalaman Airport can often be on a Monday!!
Post by: Tatilde on January 01, 2008, 03:10:38 PM
I was initially looking for Monday flights for September, but have now booked Wednesday 27th August for 4 weeks at £67.50 each. Our May flights which cost approx. £160 each with GB Airways are now priced at over £300 each with Easyjet.
Post by: yelkenite on January 01, 2008, 06:05:38 PM
well after Rosib told me that Easyjet had come ''on side'' I checked out the week I want to go - 13th June to 20th.  3 adults  £974.00!!!  Nearly twice as much as Onur air and they fly in the middle of Friday afternoon rather than quite late which for those of us that have to work is a pain.  Think I''ll be staying with Onur air.  Dont like the fact you pay a separate charge for luggage on Easyjet either.

Regards
Disappointed (bill)
Post by: Em1 on January 01, 2008, 06:10:09 PM
Hi
We just booked for a week in September, hand luggage only. It cost £60 per person return. Cheers!!
Em
Post by: Em1 on January 02, 2008, 08:46:20 PM
In fact they were so cheap, we have booked a 2nd week in July!
Em
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 04, 2008, 01:15:36 PM
Easyjet have just announced they are keeping the only 1 piece of hand luggage rule in place despite it being lifted by other airlines...now i know it won''t affect us men folk..a stick and a knotted hankie does most of us!but some ladies put Vicky Beckham to shame :P :P
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 05, 2008, 10:49:04 AM
hope this isn''t a sign of things to come..but iv''e just been looking for flights on easyjet site (june, out of interest)and a flight we looked at 2 days ago has now doubled in price..to way more than BA ever charged :o luckily i booked flights with BA and will be  transfered over at my original price ..at high prices i can see stellios planes being half empty or people booking last minute deals
Post by: littlelin on January 06, 2008, 09:24:48 AM
I can''t vouch for the accuracy of this but read on the TL site that using the Easyjet site puts a cookie on your computer and once you''ve checked out prices and then go back a while later, it increases those prices. The advice was to clear your cookies first - and blue lizard that doesn''t mean scoffing all the biscuits!  :laugh:
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 06, 2008, 10:40:04 AM
ooo!! i do love a nice biccy...i have a particular liking for a custard cream!! but those prices would make it stick in my lizardy throat :P :P
Post by: yelkenite on January 06, 2008, 10:46:45 AM
Notwithstanding EM1''s amazing deals I''ve booked mine for the June 13th for a week with Onur air. All 3 of us for GBP 507.00 and that''s all inclusive.  I''m frankly appalled that Easyjet are trying it on with that ''cookie'' thing. For a lot of people Onur Air appear to be a last resort airline - mentioning no names, you know who you are! - but apart from delays from time to time they''ve never let me down. Even the food appears to be getting slightly better lately.
Bill
Post by: itstime on January 06, 2008, 11:56:55 AM
Got our flights for July way back when Aegean flights first put them on sale. £90 each from Glasgow. I know it''s Onur Air but like others have used them before with no problems. Had a look at another site yesterday and the same flight is being advertised at £305 ???
Post by: Charlie on January 06, 2008, 12:20:15 PM
Hi itstime, yes we got our aegean flights for £70 for July and they''re now £300!  Early bird catches the worm!
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 06, 2008, 12:37:47 PM
i have just run a drive cleaner prog through my computer and clicked back onto Easyjet..the prices are still coming up double what they were a few days ago..with the exception of wednesdays when it''s £174 one way and £59 extra to come back plus airport taxes and add ons(they charge £15 for taking a flight bag on board!!).. i have mailed there technical services dept to ask if this cookie thing is indeeed what they do >:D....whats the betting i don''t get an answer?
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on January 06, 2008, 02:35:41 PM
Hi,

Personally I cant see Easyjet using a cookie approach to change flight prices as this would be too easy to detect and would cause outrage and adverse publicity. The quick way to find out is to have two web browsers on your pc - perhaps Internet Explorer and Firefox, open the easyjet page in one browser to save a cookie to that session, then close and re-open that "cookied" browser. Then open the easyjet page in the other browser that has not as yet received the cookie and see if there is a price difference - Cookies are unique per browser not per computer :)

Much more likely is they use pixel technology that monitors your mouse movements irrelevant if you have visited the site before and been cookied. Pixel technology allows a site to determine if you are an impulsive or repeat customer - ie straight to the book button, or one that scans the website and flight destinations before making a decision, for example you book based on price with no initial preference of location or dates. I know some airlines auto adjust their prices based upon time of day, for example the prices are slightly (approx £5 per seat) higher during 12-2 when people are often looking at the internet whilst on lunch break at work, or from 6-9, again another good time for an audience looking at holidays.

One little tip that may interest you, always look to book flights after midnight and before 6am if you can as you will often see the adjusted prices based upon the previous days sales (which can work both ways) Another trick is to look when a big football match is on as web traffic is generally lower then so prices are incentivised.

Hope that helps a bit, for interest have a look at the EnjoyKalkan usage patterns and you will soon see what I mean!

Jon
Post by: chinacat on January 06, 2008, 03:19:19 PM
Thanks everyone - what a mine of information.  My partner and I had a wholly grim experience with Onur over the new year period and would have to be press-ganged into flying with them again.  Broken seats that don''t recline - both ways, surly unhelpful and largely ''silent'' staff, who don''t either acknowledge or apologise for lateness (over an hour both in and out), no inflight entertainment other than some rather unpleasant droning music (James Last plays Abba?) which you cannot switch off and no food - not even at an additional cost.  Shame on them, providing a cut price service for an over-priced ticket.  They also appear to ''pad out'' their flying timetable - scheduling the flight to take 4 hours and 20 minutes as opposed to the normal ''less than 4''.  And don''t get me on to Dalaman airport  . . . . . Ho Hum.  Fortunately the new year break itself was delightful. 
Post by: DRBD on January 06, 2008, 04:42:59 PM
Trevor, so sorry  to hear your sad tale re Onur Air over New Year.  We have flown with them 3 times now and can''t say they are any worse than some of the others.  We flew with them on 21st Dec this year and although there was a 5hr delay at least we flew, Easyjet cancelled approx 6 flights that we heard  over the tannoy that evening. We find that the leg room on their aircraft is slightly more, and as it was an evening flight (later night flight) we were ready for shut eye anyway, our seats were quite comfy and the cabin clean & tidy & our seats reclined no probs.
 The cabin crew do vary in their attitude must admit, some were quite cheery others not so, but when you are trying to sleep who cares.

Our return was better for time, only 20mins delay and the cabin crew just fine, they did however have problems with their new prices for snacks etc since they have done away with the inflight meal & we were updated by the Captain re route etc.  Still we only paid £100 each return including all taxes so feel we did quite well.  Pleased to hear your New Year was good, as was our Christmas one.
Post by: AL2015 on January 07, 2008, 09:43:33 PM
Hi, I have checked flights with GB Airways (British Airways) and they will only take bookings to Dalaman until 29th March 2008. They have sold the Gatwick to Dalaman  route to EasyJet, who will take over from GB Airways on this date. This information is published on the GB Airways web page. If you have booked with GB Airways (British Airways) then your flights will be the same times etc, but you will fly with Easyjet instead of British Airways after 29th March 2008.
Post by: Tatilde on January 22, 2008, 08:23:07 PM
I''ve received an email from BA re. my 1st May flight with GB Airways, inviting me to get the most out of flying with BA! No mention of Easyjet. When are we going to get any proper information about the sale?
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 23, 2008, 10:37:35 AM
yes it''s very annoying ,but not surprising...i phoned and the person that answered didn''t even know about a takeover of routes!! ::) perhaps after the 31 jan they may be a bit more clued up...
Post by: Tatilde on January 23, 2008, 08:24:08 PM
This whole fiasco has just been featured on BBC Watchdog. People who have paid for up-grades will not get a refund, despite the law saying they should.
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 23, 2008, 08:48:13 PM
i saw that..it''s disgraceful that BA are still selling club class knowing that Easyjet are a budget airline and don''t have club class!! it''s also disgraceful how both airlines are treating passengers...not refunding money taken under false pretences >:(
Post by: DRBD on January 24, 2008, 07:01:50 AM
What a very pompous person that Easyjet director was, customer care - I don''t think so >:(
Post by: Brooksie on January 29, 2008, 09:07:55 PM
littlelin
Unfortunately you are right. Clever these computer people aren''t they? It makes people nervous and pressures them.
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 30, 2008, 09:39:12 AM
i am led to believe that the sale of GB (BA)airways routes to Easyjet completes tomorrow (midnight?).....wonder what will happen next!! ::)
Post by: sally on January 31, 2008, 03:18:57 PM
i am led to believe that the sale of GB (BA)airways routes to Easyjet completes tomorrow (midnight?).....wonder what will happen next!! ::)

The email confirming my easy jet flight in September has just arrived. No time changes & 1 free piece of luggage. That''s fine by me. I''m not really too worried about the loss of a meal on a 4 hour flight - I can make up for it when I''m in Kalkan & will need to slim when I leave anyhow!
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 31, 2008, 03:30:05 PM
not worried about a meal..just don''t want a change of times as other arrangements get affected!! glad your sorted! ;)
Post by: alantj on January 31, 2008, 06:42:58 PM
Reading the text of the notice makes me very suspicious of a time change - it states date and airport are unchanged but no mention of times.
Post by: sally on January 31, 2008, 11:08:23 PM
My confirmation email from easy jet states the times which are the same as the original BA flight I booked.  I feel quite happy about it all - apart from the fact that it is 7 months + until I return to Kalkan!  ;D
Post by: Tatilde on February 01, 2008, 06:55:34 PM
I''ve just received a email from BA informing me that my flights in May have been cancelled. Again, no mention of Easyjet taking over the flights. It scared the life out of me for a minute! The email could have been worded differently. I''ve still not received anything from Easyjet.
Post by: sally on February 01, 2008, 07:43:31 PM
I wonder if I got my email from easy jet quite quickly ''cos my surname starts with an ''A'' ?

Hope you hear soon.
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 01, 2008, 08:56:55 PM
at last...we have had our confirmation today,,it was booked in my other halfs name which begins with B..Hope you hear soon!! ;)
Post by: Tatilde on February 05, 2008, 10:35:29 AM
Having heard nothing from Easyjet, but twice been notified by BA of the cancellation of my GB flights, I phoned Easyjet this morning. After holding on for only 30 minutes, I now have a booking reference with Easyjet. The girl I spoke with confirmed that the hold baggage allowance is only 20kg. Easyjet''s website said that it would honour GB''s allowance of 23kg but has since changed to 20kgs. I can see lots of arguments at check-in.
Post by: DRBD on February 05, 2008, 11:15:36 AM
It sounds as though there are going to be many conflicting stories for the customer transferring from BA, think it may be advisable to print off any such information re luggage allowance and keep it handy to take with you.

Obviously there are going to be hick-ups with the change over but no one wants their holiday spoilt by various administrative and wrong information blunders.  Saying that, sure they will still argue the toss.
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 05, 2008, 01:02:41 PM
we have put everything in a folder..it''s coming with us!! my other half is very organised in this way...i on the other hand have the attention span of a bumble bee :D..
Post by: jayne on February 06, 2008, 10:19:54 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrr
I have just spoken to Airflights who we booked our BA flights with for May and they informed me that because I didn''t book through BA directly, I cannot claim a refund or rebook without losing my deposit. I don''t want to go sleazy jet but have been left with no choice.

Post by: Blue Lizard on February 06, 2008, 10:42:40 AM
 we just couldn''t be bothered ..we are just glad that so far our times are still the same .This has a knock-on effect otherwise,car park booking ,accomodation ,transfer ,all these things get affected.we will just grin and bear it!! you never know we might be pleasantly surprised  ::)
Post by: jayne on February 06, 2008, 10:53:08 AM
It just seems unfair. Surely its against trade descriptions or something?

However, I think you are probably right to just go with it, I just hate talking to snotty customer services people that seem to take enormous pleasure in giving you bad news.

(think I need a holiday)
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 06, 2008, 11:08:18 AM
i gave up talking to them a long time ago...or even trying to track one down!! the fact that many of them call themselves Customer Service is against trade descriptions...they should be called "disinterested person that answers the phone department"...still chin up at least your going to Kalkan!!!! loveley jubbly!! :D :D ;)
Post by: jayne on February 06, 2008, 11:34:23 AM
Blue Lizard, you are the voice of reason, thank you.  :)

Post by: sally on February 06, 2008, 11:57:22 AM
I go with Blue Lizard.  When you are travelling by air you might just as well put yourself into sheep mode until you reach your destination - go with the flock. Am not bothered about the weight allowance for my fortnight as I never take more than about 15Kilos anyhow. A book (or two), swimming cossie, sun tan cream, couple of pairs of trousers for the evening & some t shirts - that''ll do. Honmestly I feel so laid back when I''m in Kalkan that clothes don''t really bother me (I do wear them though  ;D ).

And Easy Jet have a very good record of safety & are British (CAA) regulated unlike some of the cheap airlines one could mention.
Post by: jayne on February 06, 2008, 01:09:34 PM
Sally, well done on managing 15Kg! It has always been my goal in life to take a ''capsule wardrobe'' when going away but somehow never seem to mange it, however much I weed at the packing stage. Thinks its all the lotions and potions and number of books I take.

Ready to go into sheep mode though!!
Post by: bluefudge11 on February 06, 2008, 03:07:07 PM
Although sleazy Jet is no way as good as BA, If you accept how they operate & get to the airport early for priority seating then it is not bad. With regard to on time flights and the pleasent cabin crew, I have only had good experiences with them. (far better than Ryan Air!)

with regard to luggage allowance, well it''s 19.95Kg for Mrs BF and all her worldly goods  and a hankerchief for me:)
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 06, 2008, 06:16:15 PM
oooh Sally, I hope you''re not referring to Onur Air when you talk about the safety of other cheap airlines ;). There''s a very mixed feeling on this forum about them and having booked Aegean for this year for the first time, I''m a little apprehensive.
Post by: littlelin on February 06, 2008, 07:27:54 PM
If you search for Onur Air on this site you''ll find that those of us who use them ''regularly'' are quite happy with them. Yes there were a few problems over the winter but that''s because those flights were obviously fairly empty and they combined them to make it as economical as possible. And some of those flights were booked via Goldtrail, who probably have one of the worst reputations in the Turkish travel industry.
Post by: sally on February 06, 2008, 07:53:04 PM
oooh Sally, I hope you''''re not referring to Onur Air when you talk about the safety of other cheap airlines ;). There''''s a very mixed feeling on this forum about them and having booked Aegean for this year for the first time, I''''m a little apprehensive.

No - not Onur.  Am referring to Easy Jet''s greatest rival which is not regulated by the British CAA!
Post by: Chucky on February 06, 2008, 09:15:51 PM
And I can confirm that Sally is very laid back when in Kalkan, but I suspect that might be down to G&T''s. LOL, missing you Sally, Joan
Post by: sally on February 06, 2008, 10:18:52 PM
Me too - see you in September?
Post by: Adrian on March 14, 2008, 08:40:19 AM
Talk about cheek!  Has anyone else had the email from Easyjet offering free "speedy boarding plus" to ex-GB Airways customers? Only on new flights bookings though,  not the existing ones grr  >:(   

I know it''''s futile and that I won''''t get anything more than a form reply but do I bother to send them an email pointing out how annoying & tactless this is & asking why they just couldn''''t give it automatically & free to people already inconvenienced by the whole shenanigans?  >:(

Ah! That feels better  ;D

EDIT:  I did email them & not only did I get a form email back but they also entirely missed the point of my suggestion/didn''t bother to actually read it properly  ::) They replied: I am sorry that your discount code was not used when booking recently but I regret that we are unable to deduct promotional amounts from an existing booking. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope you enjoy your flights.... if I had any hair left I''d be tearing a bit of it out.  Life''s too short... 60 days ''til Kalkan  ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal