Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Bob & Jayne on May 31, 2012, 10:21:58 AM

Title: Thomas Cook Flights
Post by: Bob & Jayne on May 31, 2012, 10:21:58 AM
Just booked a couple of flights last night, going out to Dalaman in October.
I thought I'd share the deal I found in case it helps anyone else looking at booking.

London Stanstead (STN) to Dalaman (DAL) one way:
Mon 8th Oct
Mon 15th Oct
Mon 22nd Oct
All 3 come up as £42.99, which is a great price for one way flight, but if you clear the cookies in your browser and try again they automatically give £5 off making them £37.99. This includes Taxes and Fees. 20kg baggage is £16 on top of this, again one way.

This £5 discount by clearing your cookies works with all Thomas Cook prices by the look of it.
Just a tip. I have no connection with Thomas Cook except as a consumer.  ;D
Bob
Title: Re: Thomas Cook Flights
Post by: Bob & Jayne on June 01, 2012, 08:22:13 AM
I suppose you could say it's a Thomas Cookie Crunch  ;D
But that would be taking the biscuit  ;D

Thought I'd get that one in before BL does!
Post by: babyboomer on June 01, 2012, 04:21:21 PM
we book with thomas cook a lot, now need your help bob. what is a cookie and how do i clear it. thanks. you must think me daft, you would be right, i can now work my way around this sight, book my own flights and open up my emails, great progress, but cookies i have not learned about.

regards. babyboomer
Post by: Bob & Jayne on June 01, 2012, 05:42:12 PM
babyboomer.
The procedure is different depending on which browser you are using to view web pages.
A quick search in Google came up with this:
http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2
Give it a try.
Post by: Sandancer on June 22, 2012, 08:43:59 PM
Amazing fares. Just tried to book for May2013 Newcastle/Dalaman and it was over £500 each. Think we may have to try Jet2 this time. £1000 for both of us is just too much money.
Post by: HoneyBunny on June 24, 2012, 06:07:14 PM
Hi Sandancer - we booked Jet2 this year (for June half term week) as soon as the fares came out for Ncl to Dal. They were about£400 each (including hold luggage and extra legroom seats) and good flight times that tied in with others from our family who were flying from Manchester. However a couple of months before (think it was March/April time), they changed the flight times so it meant we basically missed the first day completely. As we were only going for the week this was a bit of letdown, so we got a refund and bought seats on a Thomson flight - even better flight times and they were actually cheaper. What was even scarier was I checked the Thomson price a couple of weeks before we went and they were even lower! I always thought the later you left it the more expensive it got but I have seen this not to be the case a couple of times now.... so who knows!

But £500 each does seem far too high. Good luck.

HB XOX
Post by: Sandancer on June 25, 2012, 10:23:24 PM
Thanks HB.  I am very tempted to leave it until nearer the time.  We paid £235 each this past May. I was expecting an increase but not double.  The silly thing is TC is offering a package inc accom for less than the airfare but we want to go for a month.
Post by: HoneyBunny on June 25, 2012, 11:01:28 PM
I would definitely say have a look at ThomsonFly too then - think they have 3 flights a week from Ncle in May next year so if you can be flexible on dates might find something that suits time and pocket.

HB xoxo

PS Am extremely jealous btw that you already are planning your trip -  I'm just at the dreaming about it stage having only been back a couple of weeks - had a week at the White Lodge in Kormuluk  - was heaven on earth...
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal