Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: dshiels on May 17, 2012, 09:50:52 PM

Title: Car Hire - Places to visit
Post by: dshiels on May 17, 2012, 09:50:52 PM
We are thinking of hiring a car for a few days over the weekend and would love some recommendations on where we should visit.

We intend to go to Kas (mostly for the lovely drive) but apart from that our options are open!  We have previously visited Saklikent and it also wouldn't be suitable with a baby anyway, so I thought of heading up over the mountains and I have heard people mentioning the green lake and Gombe but that is about as much as we know about them!

Any advice or suggestions would as always be very welcome and appreciated before I commit to car hire we end up not using!
Title: Re: Car Hire - Places to visit
Post by: Pompeyalbie on May 19, 2012, 02:44:54 PM
Patara Beach with a bucket & spade, dad can build the biggest sandcastle with so much sand to play with.
Post by: plantpot on May 20, 2012, 09:23:42 AM
I know Kayakoy is in the Kalkan area and worth a visit. It is a large trout farm with a restaurant etc set on the side of the mountain. The mountain water runs round the top of the bars complete with the trout.When we last visited you could jump in one mountain pool,freezing cold, and swim with the trout.
Post by: Kalkan regular on May 20, 2012, 11:31:32 AM
I think you are describing the Original Yaka Park, up near Tlos. Kaya Koy is near Fethiye and is the deserted Greek village, which is also worth a visit.
Post by: tiamaria on May 20, 2012, 05:28:08 PM
The green lake is well worth a visit but to be honest if you have a baby in a pushchair it's going to be difficult, the road is good until you get to the top after that it's walking and a dirt track. Gombe and Elmali no problem. Monday is Elmali's market day and Friday is Gombe's, both towns are very traditional and worth a visit. It all depends where and what you want to see or enjoy and also the age of the baby. Bezigan is also in the same direction. Going in the opposite direction toward Dalaman is Dalyan which is very flat and the river trip is well worth doing. Hope this helps
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal