Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Wendy on May 04, 2012, 11:43:06 AM

Title: A good idea!
Post by: Wendy on May 04, 2012, 11:43:06 AM
I was watching TV today and they suggested using a baby monitor / alarm as a burglar alert! What a cool and inexpensive idea - as long as you aren't a heavy sleeper of course!
Title: Re: A good idea!
Post by: onelove on May 04, 2012, 02:02:39 PM
confused ?
Post by: tortoise lady on May 04, 2012, 02:51:06 PM
Wendy, I didn't see that programme and would be very interested if you could give us an idea how it works.  Is the part that is normally kept by the baby put close to a window or door (indoors) so you could hear if there was movement nearby?   
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 04, 2012, 03:54:40 PM
It was on a programme called Robbed, Raided, Reunited  shown this morning on BBC  it was only mentioned briefly at the end.A man had it set up to his shed to stop his bikes being nicked, and didn't show how it worked......what if you live in a noisy area you'd be in and out of bed allnight? ::)

Post by: Wendy on May 04, 2012, 08:12:18 PM
Well I guess you'd put one part near where they would be making a noise and the other part by your earhole. Most places have a vulnerable point of entry, think like a burglar - where would you break in if you were a burglar? Assuming the doors were locked!
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 04, 2012, 08:35:11 PM
I'd break in while you were out then it wouldn't matter where your baby monitor was >:D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal