Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: annav on April 22, 2012, 08:05:03 PM

Title: Baby milk/water
Post by: annav on April 22, 2012, 08:05:03 PM
My sister in law is coming to Kalkan in a couple of weeks and wants to know if any of the supermarkets sell Aptimil baby milk and water suitable for babies (Ive read Hayat and Erilkli are suitable-does anyone know if this is right?)

Any advice would be much appreciated

Anna
Title: Re: Baby milk/water
Post by: Sivadmv on April 23, 2012, 08:15:33 AM
Hi anna,

You can buy Aptamil for all age groups in Yali, Migros and Kipa (once they open). You can also purchase it at any pharmacy, sometimes they sell it in small ready made cartons.

I've used virtually every kind of bottled water and even boiled tap water with aptamil and never had any problems.

Hope this helps.

Post by: dshiels on April 23, 2012, 11:13:06 AM
I have heard (from previous threads) that Aptamil can be quite expensive in Turkey compared to the UK so we have preorded some from Boots in the airport (to save on luggage weight).
Post by: annav on April 23, 2012, 01:41:33 PM
Thanks for that. Should be OK then.
How do you preorder from the airport dshiels?
Post by: dshiels on April 23, 2012, 04:55:50 PM
You just need to phone up the pharmacy/retailer at your airport (in our case Boots or Superdrug) and ask them to set aside whatever you require.  You can then pick it up after you pass through security and keep it in your hand luggage.
Post by: Shambo on April 23, 2012, 11:03:44 PM
A large carton (900kg?) is about 40tl in most supermarkets here, which I think is about twice the price as in the UK.  Depends if you want to carry it over or pay the extra over here.  As a previous poster stated, there are now also ready made cartons, but only for over 1 year of age I think.  I have always used bottled water for making up formula, whatever is available, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Shambo
Post by: annav on April 24, 2012, 05:35:55 PM
Thanks folks
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal