Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: changemaven on April 16, 2012, 05:40:55 PM

Title: Advice please re tranfers Kalkan to Fetyiye
Post by: changemaven on April 16, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
I plan to be in Turkey, first time, for 3 weeks in September. We will have about 8-9 days to explore the coast, coming from Cappadocia/Antalya on overnight bus. So far plans are to spend 2 nights in Cirali, then Kalkan, either going by bus or rental car. From Kalkan, we want to take the ferry to Rhodes as a day trip, over overnight, then ferry to Marmaris, stay there 1 or 2 nights (or Icmeler) before heading by bus to Ephesus.

My question for the group... how can we get from Kalkan to the ferry port in Fethiye for 9am ferry? Is there a bus? Is it too far? Should we stay the night before in Fethiye?

Any and all advice is welcome!
thank you, changemaven
Title: Re: Advice please re tranfers Kalkan to Fetyiye
Post by: Sandancer on April 16, 2012, 06:29:52 PM
There is a bus from Kalkan to Fethye operated by Bati Antalya. We have used it and it is a very good service.  Don't know what time the first one leaves from Kalkan but you could try looking up the timetable online. Now, you could perhaps give me some info.  Did not know you go to Rhodes for the day.  Can you give me any info on that? Thanks
Title: Re: Advice please re tranfers Kalkan to Fetyiye
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 16, 2012, 06:43:54 PM
You can go to Rhodes for the day from Fethiye, Sandancer :)
We've used the bus service from Kalkan to Fethiye lots of times, takes about an hour and 45 mins - lots of stops on the way. You can check the times online (Bati Antalya), but I think from memory the earliest bus won't get you to Fethiye before 9am :( If you decide to take the bus you need to be aware that the bus station is some way from the harbour.
Sounds like a great trip.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal