Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: Enjoy Kalkan on April 14, 2012, 04:36:51 PM

Title: Internet VPN
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on April 14, 2012, 04:36:51 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone ever used this service - http://unblock-us.com/ to access websites or streams not normally available in Turkey?

Title: Re: Internet VPN
Post by: kevincat99 on April 14, 2012, 04:50:19 PM

Not that particular one but  Expatshield works well and serves the same purpose and it's free
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on April 14, 2012, 05:07:16 PM
Thanks KC
Post by: Cosetta on April 15, 2012, 08:37:43 AM
We have been using my-private-network.co.uk, not free but also no ads, no problems with it.  Also used expatshield but did have some problems so switched over.
Post by: kevincat99 on April 15, 2012, 03:36:49 PM

You can subscribe to Expatshield Elite for £2.99 amonth [ payable monthly ] which stops banner advertisements and gives a better quality connection

It works !!
Post by: turkeyfan on April 15, 2012, 05:25:37 PM
Ok, probably a really dopey question, but then Im really dopey!

What are you talking about-is it getting British tv through the internet? If so do you watch online on a laptop or can you somehow get it on your tv? What channels can you get?

Could someone give a techno-phobe some information please?

Thanks. :)
Post by: KalkanPosh on April 15, 2012, 05:37:59 PM
Not a technophobic question at all! İ downloaded ExPatShield from the internet onto our computer. This means that when i turn on our PC there is a shield icon - tap it and i can view sites like BBC iplayer, İTV player and Sky on Demand which wouldn't normally be accessible on the internet in Turkey. Thanks to ExPatShield, i can watch UK tv on rainy days - The Apprentice and The Voice got me though the rain this week! :-))
Post by: turkeyfan on April 15, 2012, 06:19:41 PM
Thank you Kalkanposh.

I presume that I would need broadband and that a Turkcell dongle and a laptop wouldn't be good enough?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal