Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: Enjoy Kalkan on March 04, 2012, 12:37:39 PM

Title: Best holiday money exchange rate
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on March 04, 2012, 12:37:39 PM
Hi All,

Im not sure if people are aware but this is a good website for calculating the best Lira rates on the high street - certainly saves alot of legwork! You can change the amount of money you wish to compare in the top right hand corner, I left it at 500 as an easy figure.

http://www.compareholidaymoney.com/?amount=500&currency=try&include_delivery=yes

Cheers
Jon
Title: Re: Best holiday money exchange rate
Post by: Lizilu20 on March 10, 2012, 05:05:29 PM
Thanks for the link Jon, we found it really useful.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on March 10, 2012, 05:21:55 PM
No problem :)
Post by: harrisonp9 on January 12, 2018, 12:01:01 PM
Useful link thanks...

I live in the UK, and visit Kalkan quite often, I have a different question relating to Currency exchange, I have funds invested at Deniz Bank which are in TRY, how can I keep an eye on the rate that I will get to convert these deposit funds back to GBP to ensure I time this well in terms of FX. I search the Deniz Bank site but the rates confuse me in terms of which one would be used when I exchange back to GBP.

Any help would be appreciated
Paul
Post by: Bob & Jayne on January 12, 2018, 12:55:55 PM
....from memory, you have to go:
Investment Transactions
Exchange
Sell
....then select your lira account to sell from, and your gbp account to send the money to.
It then tells you what the spot exchange rate will be. You can cancel this transaction at this point if you don't like what you see.
B
Post by: harrisonp9 on January 12, 2018, 09:16:44 PM
Many thanks Bob/Jayne much appreciated..
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal