Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Tatilde on January 07, 2012, 12:47:21 PM

Title: Coach to Kalkan
Post by: Tatilde on January 07, 2012, 12:47:21 PM
We're thinking about flying to Istanbul for a few days, and then travelling to Kalkan by coach. Has anyone done the coach journey? How was it?
Thanks.
Title: Re: Coach to Kalkan
Post by: saskia on January 07, 2012, 01:00:00 PM
Its absolutely fine. Have done it many times. It leaves from Esenler coach station a 21.00 but you can get transfers to other boarding points from Taksim and many other places in Istanbul. It normally arrives in Kalkan at about midday the next day give or take a bit. The seats are comfy, you get tea and coffee and snacks and it stops several times for bathroom calls or refreshments. Most coaches now have seatback TV and a selection of films and internet too I believe. I normally go with Pamukkale but Kamilkoc is good too. Hope this helps. Happy travels
Post by: Tatilde on January 07, 2012, 03:41:07 PM
Thanks for the reply, Saskia.
I think we'll give it a go. It will be a different experience.
Post by: Enişte on January 12, 2012, 09:56:56 AM
We've done it a few times too and no problems either.  If you fly into the Asian side airport, Sabiha Gokçen, as you will with Pegasus from STN, Kamil Koç's Ataşehir bus station is about a 20 minute taxi ride away back towards the city and the bus leaves at 10pm, arriving in Kalkan at around 11.30am.  Very comfy and regular stops until they do a long stint through the early hours to let passengers sleep.  Only negative is seeing the signs for Kalkan and then having to go into Fethiye for a stop rather than turning left for home!
Post by: Tatilde on January 12, 2012, 10:22:36 PM
Thanks Nick. We've got to go to Kalkan in February/March so that the flights we've already booked for later in the year fit in with the new visa regs.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal