Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: onelove on October 05, 2011, 04:44:22 PM

Title: Is Sky Sports ruining Kalkan
Post by: onelove on October 05, 2011, 04:44:22 PM
Just to put the record straight, im a big big football fan, season ticket holder, home and away, euros, pre-season tours, I do it all...........BUT...

Is there now to much sky sports tv in Kalkan ?     Its everywhere now, you can hardly have a beer without one sport or another blaring out from a flat screen tv.   Its getting hard to find a bar in Kalan to have a relaxed beer in watching the world go by without sky.

Lets face it, Moonlight and Utopia are now no more than sports bars.  I used to love going to the Swan to get my fix, now you can watch it while you eat your dinner !

I say its all getting a bit much.     What do you think ?    >:D >:D >:D. OneLoveUnited !

KD.
Title: Re: Is Sky Sports ruining Kalkan
Post by: hodstar on October 05, 2011, 05:13:37 PM
We also thought this, so ended up most days in Cafe Del Mar. Very Chilled
Post by: Alfaman on October 05, 2011, 05:34:19 PM
Kleo Bar by the beach is well away from screens.
Post by: itstime on October 05, 2011, 05:43:55 PM
Kleo Bar by the beach is well away from screens.

LOL no it's not, we watched the Chelsea game there on Sunday :o
Post by: JenJen on October 05, 2011, 05:45:36 PM
Kleo also shows football, Alfaman, but you can avoid it somewhat if you sit by the beach side.

I can take or leave football but my boyfriend likes to watch a Liverpool match or two (or three this year!) while away.  It doesn't really bother me, wouldn't want it on while I was eating though!  A lot of the Turks like watching the Premier League/Champions League matches too and at least the bars in Kalkan also show Turkish games, unlike other places I've been in Turkey where it's purely the UK games shown in bars.
Post by: Skunk on October 05, 2011, 06:57:24 PM
I'm not a football fan at all, but I have no objection to other people watching it, as long as I can hear myself think and enjoy a conversation during my meal.  I do think there should be a choice though.  :-\ 
Post by: Irene on October 05, 2011, 07:10:10 PM
Hi all - whereabouts is Cafe Del Mar please? - sounds my sort of place!  Hubby can always watch the rugby at Kleo and I can read a book at the Cafe! - thanks
Post by: alisonh on October 05, 2011, 08:32:11 PM
Cafe del Mar, also our favourite chill-out zone.  If you are walking along the road from the taxi rank past Moonlight bar, keep going until the last hill down on the right (Gourmet Restaurant on your left).  Cafe del Mar is almost at the bottom on the left hand side and only a couple of minutes walk to Kleo.
Post by: Babs on October 05, 2011, 09:15:33 PM
Personally I don't like to see screens around but I know some people like to watch while away, just wish they were tucked away though and not like at Moonlight. Each to their own though.....I'm one of those strange people who loves not even having a television where I'm staying when I'm away! :angel:
Post by: misty on October 05, 2011, 09:50:51 PM
That massive Sky banner on the place next to the Moonlight is a complete eyesore just screams out chavsville  ;) ;) Then you are confronted by massive flatscreen TV's as you walk on into town...... :-[ :-[
Post by: Babs on October 05, 2011, 10:21:13 PM
that's what I wanted to say Misty! I have no objection to televisions etc inside bars but on the streets? Kalkan is so beautiful that it really shouldn't be allowed......don't they have conservation areas in Turkey?
Post by: Irene on October 06, 2011, 06:39:16 AM
Thanks for the directions Alisonh - on reflection think we may have been there last year - just forgotten, hope to go again late October, so will pop in at some point.
Post by: Mags on October 06, 2011, 03:19:32 PM
I agree: Kalkan in the evening is being ruined by football, especially Moonlight Bar. It's so unfair that I should be forced to watch others' taste in television (or, indeed, television at all) when all I want is a drink and to listen to good music. I don't force everyone to watch my taste in entertainment - why should I have to suffer theirs!
It's just so arrogant to assume everyone loves football........
Post by: Enişte on October 06, 2011, 04:20:28 PM
I also love my footy and usually watch at a bar where the screen is not on the street and where the sound is usually turned right down when there are people dining but turned up when most there are there for the game.  Many of the bars have been showing rugby, tennis, cricket this year as well as the X Factor last autumn, so let's not just dump on the footy fans!  The football season and the tourist season in Kalkan only overlap by about 6 weeks.

Outside TVs are perhaps annoying, as are bars turning up their music too loud, so that you find yourself listening to a strange mixture of tunes from nearby bars.  After a season like this, lots of bars will have found that their only really good business has been when a crowd comes in to watch a sporting event.
Post by: msr on October 06, 2011, 05:08:49 PM
I absolutely hate it! Discreet televisions somewhere if you want to watch but huge screens a big NO. I'm with Babs would never watch any television on holiday or buy a British paper!
Post by: Enişte on October 06, 2011, 05:23:30 PM
If it helps, I have just been told that top brass at the Belediye agrees about outdoor TVs being a problem.
Post by: Babs on October 06, 2011, 06:19:57 PM
excellent, here's hoping something will happen to get rid of them! I've no problem with TVs in bars at all, that way if you don't want to watch you can choose to go elsewhere, but in the street is a different matter......rant over!
Mind you I'll be so happy to be in Kalkan next week that I may not even notice!  :laugh:
Post by: Legionaire on October 07, 2011, 08:35:26 AM
Purely from a commercial point of view, are these sa(i)d bars not full when an event is on?
30 degrees and sorry people you will have to sit indoors, and sadly as the buildings we are in are small and we have marketed/environment for pavement cafe's not enough room?
And what if they had a music/MTV channel on?
I walked past the Moonlight and the one next to it on Monday night, both empty, no TV?
Cafe Merkez and other were throbbing!
The real culprit is the time difference being +2 hours, if it was -2 we would not notice!
I do agree that it is spreading, we sat and watched the Rugby on saturday in Yacht Point!
Post by: Enişte on October 07, 2011, 09:27:59 AM
BL - that's spooky - check out tonight's fixtures!  I really hope the bars show Turkey v Germany rather than Montenegro v England.  The atmosphere is indeed fantastic when the Turkish national team is playing and at the end of the season when the fans of the new champions are out on the street celebrating.
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 07, 2011, 09:34:49 AM
Sorry Nick..i wiped my post by accident..i have a new computer and it's a bit like picking your nose with a boxing glove ;D ..but you are right,the atmosphere on turkish football nights is great...cars rammed with people,horns honking and flags waving..(it's on youtube under kalkan)
Post by: Cosetta on October 07, 2011, 09:40:44 AM
I agree with MSR.  It has become quite unpleasant to walk through town and be hit with loud noise and hugh TV screens.  This can only drag down Kalkan's (ex?) reputation for romantic places and quaintness.
Post by: hodstar on October 07, 2011, 11:53:33 AM
On our last visit in September, unless you sat on the hill, the music was too loud from inside the Moonlight Bar. We ended up going  to other bars so we could here ourselves talk.

Oh my god, I sound like my mother!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: JenJen on October 07, 2011, 01:44:14 PM
I think the volume of music in restaurants is generally more obtrusive than sports on TV.  We were sat in Nar last week and could hear loud live music from Gironda, Nar's own music and music from at least one other restaurant, all at the same time.  I don't know why they try to compete with each other - they should just turn their own music off if there is a loud band on nearby.
Post by: cleworthallray on October 07, 2011, 02:56:02 PM
These large tele's do attract customers, especially when there is a popular match on. And as my pal comes with us to Kalkan, he needs his football fix, and it would be hard to deny anyone that pleasure. We usually leave him at the moonlight and go and try to find a restaurant that is quiet away from the cheers and meet up later. But I do agree that they are starting to appear everywhere and it is getting harder to hide from them. When I was trying to enjoy a gin and tonic this year sat on our terrace reading a great book the newly opened Cafe EV sprang into life with a running commentary from the football pundits and then a match. I did have to move away as it was totally distracting and of no interest to me. Having them outside or so loud that you can't escape them, does impinge on others space. Bit like making others swollen their fag smoke of the past. Some may think its not important, but to us it will make us consider whether we want to put up with the noise another year. Our tele's are always on at home and its amazing to think that I never put the one on in the villa. PS> Perhaps the mayor will start to issue licences to have a large screen tele on only in specific palces.........how about the Saklikent Gorge.
Post by: Enişte on October 07, 2011, 03:37:45 PM
The noise of drunken folk packed into a confined space shoulder to shoulder with strangers, cheering and shouting and jumping up and down for no apparent reason - this could describe the atmosphere at some popular Kalkan bars, whether the TVs are on or not!  As I said before, the mishmash of music is far more annoying to me than the footy or anything else shown on the outside screens, but some people will go to a bar because its showing an event or because they like their music.  I don't want Kalkan to turn into Blackpool but neither do I want it to become the Turkish Eastbourne!
Post by: onelove on October 07, 2011, 05:39:14 PM
There is a poll running on this subject on KTLN   www.turkishlocalnews.com   Looking like most think TV ok as long as its inside. I think thats fair.   8) 8) 8)
Post by: itstime on October 07, 2011, 05:44:52 PM
Have to agree about music at times being more annoying than TV. Did notice last week that there seemed to be less loud music than on previous visits so maybe the bars are catching on that not everyone wants to hear loud booming music.
As for the TV's, they don't really bother me at all and to be honest I hardly even notice them. What I don't like are the large banners advertising Live Sky TV as I think they look quite tacky and detract somewhat from the look of the town. If we want to watch tv then we can easily locate where it's being shown without the need for huge advertising banners. The chalkboards outside some places are fine and aren't too intrusive.
I have watched football in Kalkan but would only go out of my way to do so during major events eg Euros or world cup where I have enjoyed many matches in a great atmosphere.
Unfortunately yet to witness any great Scotland triumphs  ::) ::) ::)
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 07, 2011, 06:47:29 PM
I  find fireworks more annoying.....they seem to let them off everytime a beers been sold!! surprised the old town hasn't gone up yet with all that wood around and narrow streets...probably the naffest thing ever was a few years ago when they projected an  image onto the mountainside that read "No Name Bar"...that was truly crap. :o
Post by: itstime on October 07, 2011, 07:20:49 PM
LOL BL last week there was a big wedding in town and the bride and grooms name were projected onto the hillside beautifuly encased in a heart :) I thought it dreadfully romantic that the groom had gone up to the mountain to place lights in the shape of their names ???
OH fell about laughing and informed me that no such romantic gesture had been made and that the lights were merely a projection from somewhere, probably, no name bar ??? Typical male reaction >:(
Boy was I disappointed at first but then decided that it was still a wonderful romantic gesture and I'd pay highly to have my name projected onto the mountains surrounding Kalkan.
Can't quite see it happening though ::)
Post by: Ashley on October 07, 2011, 07:59:11 PM
I'm currently sat in Doy Doy watching the Turkey game!!
Post by: Potter on October 09, 2011, 11:44:39 AM
I understand the basis of this topic and yes, I do like to watch football when in Kalkan but don't watch all matches.
The problem I see from the comments are as follows:
Lots of people support different teams so supporters of those teams will watch at different times. Internationals are usually played so many people will watch. You then have the followers of other sports, e.g, F1, golf etc, etc, so in theory, you will always get some body wanting to watch something at most times.
The other thing is, if there are cut backs, who decides on who shows what, do 2 bars get everything and the rest nothing? Not too fair to my thoughts...Do they share so each gets a fair crack?
I would say that I draw the line at restaurants tho, that is inconsiderate.
 ;)
Post by: onelove on October 09, 2011, 11:56:34 AM
Just take the TV's inside, simples  8) ??? 8)
Post by: Denners on October 09, 2011, 11:59:41 AM
It strikes me that the bars will show games and matches because there is the customer demand to show them. I enjoyed watching the rugby world cup games (with breakfast !).
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 09, 2011, 12:20:52 PM
Great thread this one for debate :)
Post by: AllanChris on October 09, 2011, 08:36:54 PM
I absolutely hate it! Discreet televisions somewhere if you want to watch but huge screens a big NO. I'm with Babs would never watch any television on holiday or buy a British paper!
Totally agree, they are an eyesore, they should be inside!  Also does everyone need to be subjected to music blaring out from a bar when passing? 8)
Post by: AllanChris on October 09, 2011, 11:29:56 PM
I'm currently sat in Doy Doy watching the Turkey game!!
To be grammatically correct,  you are sitting in Doy Doy. Nobody is ever sat anywhere!  ::)   8)
Post by: maria on October 09, 2011, 11:32:08 PM
Just take the TV's inside, simples  8) ??? 8)
Hello I think the Moonlight bar,  would be very uncomfortable with every REAL FAN? stuck inside

cup of tea, No Sugar and don' t ask if I would partake a biscuit , old town lover
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 10, 2011, 08:22:22 AM
a couple of weeks ago there was snidery posted about those who watch telly in the place they stay??..... that was wrong in somes eyes!!!....i have booked a place with a telly so i can watch the Euros should i get bored with falling asleep by the pool(don't like reading....only my nuts mag!)...if i'm out i will seek out a big screen so my myopic little beady eyes don't have to watch a small dot in the corner over 50 peoples heads....boiling hot,crammed inside with sweaty people in high season? very pleasant!...businesses wouldn't have them if they didnt think they needed them and whos to say who can and can't have one?...the Yali has had one for many years and is packed on big nights....i look forward to watching England next year..being swept along in a wave of enthuiasm and expectation and hope and convincing myself "yes we can" only to be sent crashing out dismally as normal :-\
Post by: onelove on October 10, 2011, 09:43:03 AM
One of the reasons I started this thread was because I was in Tenerife a few weeks ago on a stag do with 30 United fans and 3 Siddy fans  ??? (Massive, ha ha), it was fantastic, we sat, drunk, ( 1.5 euro for a pint ) got drunk, sang songs and watched football all day ( united beat Bolton 5-0  >:D ) all outside in the blazing sun, we could of sat in tons of places / bars, as they all had VERY LARGE TV's outside and packed, they were also (mostly) packed with, you could say, rowdy / loud football fans shouting / cheering at the top of their voices, great fun if that's what you are looking for, not so much if your not  ???

As I have said I love my football as much if not more than the next one, but in Kalkan,  on the street.......I think  (hope) not. There is a time and a place for most things........ and for football on the street I can highly recommened Tenerife......I hope I can never say the same about a little fishing village called.....Kalkan  8) ??? 8)

Once the rot starts..... :'( :'( :'(
Post by: Legionaire on October 10, 2011, 11:32:45 AM
As I said before, taking it inside is not feasible, too hot and too small.
My brother in law and I watched one of the England one dayers (cricket) all day in Yali's.
We had a great time along with about 10 others.
No one about until later as they stared at 10:30, 12:30 local.
By that time and having consumed eleventeen Effes I did not notice all the people walking by >:D
Post by: Enişte on October 10, 2011, 01:57:23 PM
I can feel a suggestion coming soon that we, the visitors, write to the Mayor about this disgrace, or perhaps to the Daily Mail.

Kalkan has never been a fishing village, as far as I know.

Post by: onelove on October 10, 2011, 02:12:56 PM
No one has suggested we the 'visitors' should write to the Mayor or Daily Mail........... All im saying is I think TV's on the street blaring out football, Xfactor, is, in my opinion not what Kalkan sells.  Just take the TV's inside.  Some people can behave in a very strange way when they are watching sport / their team, me included  >:D    Deaf better to keep it in Tenerife  8)

I would say Parc Kalkan (and the Swan) is the best place to watch Sky.... sort of inside and outside, if you know what I mean, cant see the TV from the street, or hear it  8) >:D 8)

Dont want this thread to get into a slagging match (sorry for the pun ! )  Just peoples thoughts and opinions. >:D
Post by: Enişte on October 10, 2011, 04:10:02 PM
No slagging intended, KD, but we've both seen what these topics turn into (dogs, water etc) on EK.  I would agree Parc and the Swan are good footy venues and also have the suitable space available, which Yali and Moonlight really don't.

With this afternoon's downpour, I think most would opt for indoors today and I also fear that one of Yali's TVs may need drying out!

Let's all enjoy tomorrow's Turkey v Azerbaijan match and support our hosts' team all the way to Euro 2012!
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 10, 2011, 04:47:41 PM
I don't want to be stuffed indoors with loads of sweaty people in 100 degrees heat and i don't want to go to the Hotel Solano in Benidorm with johnny Vegas just to watch footy!! >:D >:D >:D ;D
Post by: onelove on October 10, 2011, 04:57:02 PM
Agree with you Eniste.......Come on Turkey.

Point taken BL.
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 10, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
We're all different and like different things....there's enough bars in Kalkan not showing sport to have a choice. The few places that have a big tv outside are generally packed for a sporting occasion so I would suggest the reason they are there is as a result of demand. Blame holidaymakers, not the bars....oh and we are in the prefer to watch football outside camp ;) but very rarely during sunlight hours ;)
So in answer to your question KD, no I don't think they are ruining Kalkan anymore than people who have tattooos or who wear football shirts :-* :-* ;)
Post by: misty on October 10, 2011, 10:18:52 PM
We're all different and like different things....there's enough bars in Kalkan not showing sport to have a choice. The few places that have a big tv outside are generally packed for a sporting occasion so I would suggest the reason they are there is as a result of demand. Blame holidaymakers, not the bars....oh and we are in the prefer to watch football outside camp ;) but very rarely during sunlight hours ;)
So in answer to your question KD, no I don't think they are ruining Kalkan anymore than people who have tattooos or who wear football shirts :-* :-* ;)

Tattooos....glad I didnt go to you for mine   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Post by: Enişte on October 11, 2011, 09:16:24 AM
Imagine if he's tattooed you with an extra O and no M in your football team's nickname!
Post by: Legionaire on October 11, 2011, 10:24:01 AM
What really annoys me is all those people sitting outside eating and drinking, does not happen in Blighty, get them inside I say >:D
Post by: misty on October 11, 2011, 07:44:56 PM
What really annoys me is all those people sitting outside eating and drinking, does not happen in Blighty, get them inside I say >:D

Yes quite agree and there should also be a strict dress code for all diners in the evening  >:D :angel: >:D :angel:
Post by: misty on October 11, 2011, 07:49:54 PM
Imagine if he's tattooed you with an extra O and no M in your football team's nickname!

LOL Very good.............
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 07:17:27 AM
Well done to the Turkish football team...............Turkey v Ireland  in the play off's ??? 8) ???  Pity about the Scots  ;D 8) ;D

I watched it indoors, all windows and doors tightly shut..... nothing to do with upseting anyone, just to cold, wet and windy to watch outside  8) >:D 8)
Post by: Enişte on October 12, 2011, 10:34:58 AM
I watched it at Parc but with the sound turned down and mellow jazz in the background.  Different.
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 11:02:41 AM
Maybe it could be the start of a trend........football with mellow jazz......... and of course, Efes  >:D 8) >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 12, 2011, 11:04:31 AM
Lets hope Turkey get through......it gives kalkan that extra buzz when they are in a competition....imagine them playing England?...(you would need more big screens >:D )....i think my money would be on them because we are pants and have gone as far as we can with the italian sponge head......get Harry in now! :P
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 11:39:24 AM
Yes I love it when the Turks get through to the finals of a big comp, was there ( in my Turkish t-shirt, not football  ::) ) when they played Germany.........great night, just the result that mucked things up  :'(

Turkey v England in the hight of the holiday season, loads of sun, Efes and a couple of, shall I say, over excited fans..............not good me thinks  ???

Anyway it could only happen if we (you) got Turkey in the group stages  >:D 8) >:D   OneLove  >:D
Post by: Enişte on October 12, 2011, 12:25:11 PM
The Birdie Song would be a better match accompaniment than listening to Alan Smith and Gary Neville...
Post by: Enişte on October 12, 2011, 12:27:03 PM
BL - leave Harry alone!

Any trivia buffs out there that know how many goals Turkey have scored against England in 10 attempts?  No prize for the right guess, but have a go!
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 12:33:13 PM
a great big.................ZERO  :-[
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 12, 2011, 12:49:59 PM
Nick me old chipolata...i only mention Harry because he's the only one who wants it :-\ ..and the only time i don't want a big screen is when Adrian bloody Chiles is part of the commentry team with such useful thoughts as to how much hair gel somone might be wearing or how he favours a 2 button polo shirt over a 3...get him off !!
Post by: Enişte on October 12, 2011, 01:56:26 PM
Congrats to KD for the correct answer (or was your zero comment about England's chances of winning Euro 2012 under the management of Postman Pat?).  A prize has been suggested for guessing correctly - you get to watch the next big match here outside the bar of your choice with Blue Lizard.  2nd prize is to watch the next two big matches with him and so on.....
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 02:37:32 PM
Im made up, first thing I have ever won  ;).

Is BL paying  >:D
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 02:39:27 PM
There is now a poll on this subject.........top of the page  8)
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 12, 2011, 03:45:06 PM
As competion quiz master... ..i assumed that Nick would be paying..i am merely offered as the arm candy to accompany the winner :angel:
Post by: Enişte on October 12, 2011, 04:51:19 PM
You assume wrongly - I just offered to set up the night(s) out, no mention of payment.  These big prizes aren't all they're cracked up to be...
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 05:10:06 PM
same old story  8)
Post by: Enişte on October 12, 2011, 05:40:36 PM
Those of us that support other teams than yours are used to such letdowns
Post by: onelove on October 12, 2011, 06:09:54 PM
As seen on TV  :P >:D :P
Post by: onelove on October 20, 2011, 06:53:18 AM
According to the EK poll on this subject.....................70% of people want TV's to go inside.........I thought the % would be high for TV's to go inside, but not as high as 70%......Any business will tell you......first ,listen to your customers  8) >:D 8)

I realise that there were not a lot of votes cast on the EK poll......but a similar poll is running on KTLN at the moment and has had over 220 votes cast and the result is nigh on the same  ??? ::) ??? .....

Post by: Potter on October 23, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
I'm sure that the bars would have no  >:D out or in after 40 mins!! mmuuhhaaa

;)
Post by: tillymint143 on October 24, 2011, 11:06:30 PM
I spent the Saturday night before the storms started a couple of weeks ago looking for a bar without the footy on. I'm new to Kalkan by the way. Me and my Mum wanted to talk and people watch, the way you do, not watch the telly...that can be done any night of the week at home. So, we reached the Yali bar...TV on but no footy. Sound was quiet..great... and some empty seats right at the front to watch the world go by...Perfect... It wasn't until we sat down and turned round that we realised there was a HUGE screen we hadn't noticed as we approached and what was on??... worse than football even.... the X factor!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Post by: onelove on October 27, 2011, 12:39:59 PM
Result from KTLN poll on TV's on the streets of Kalkan........

Over 250 votes cast.   A big sample, big enough to listen too  ???

The clear majority 81% want less TV on the streets of Kalkan.  You cant argue with that....I rest my case m'lord  8) 8) 8)
Post by: Legionaire on October 27, 2011, 12:51:10 PM
250 votes a big sample? ::)
How many tourists visit Kalkan in a year, and where do they vote? ;D
How many bar owners voted for there to be less? >:D
I think that the addition of sports tele in the Yachtpoint (I might be mistaken but never noticed it before?) might be an indication of if the locals like it or not?
After all, what type of shop do you open in a street that already has 5 shoe shops....... :o
Post by: onelove on October 27, 2011, 01:54:17 PM
Hi Legionaire,     Points taken.    Albeit I cant help thinking that over 250 people who by association ( read EK and KTLN ) like / love enjoy Kalkan think its better by 81% that tv's go indoors, I dont think you should just dismiss it out of hand  ??? 8) 8)
Post by: Legionaire on October 27, 2011, 02:56:28 PM
Hi KD
Not dismissing it but hardly a gallup poll is it ;D
How many people live in Kalkan, then add tourists, then take a poll of the bar owners....
Commerce drives most things in the world, I suspect demand or jealousy has caused the increase.
We can agree that there are too many now and I would certainly like to see a reduction and kept to the "traditional" sports bars.
Indoors would kill attendance, either by bars not being able to afford extra space and aircon or punters wanting to sit outside.
Still going back in May, TV or no TV!! 8)
Post by: Enişte on October 27, 2011, 04:11:12 PM
I have to agree that indoor footy watching areas would not be an option for most bars, due to heat in the season and for access reasons (to loos, bar or kitchen).  Evening matches often run until midnight and might cause disputes with the dancing fraternity (as I said, the muddle of loud music is more of a problem for me than the screens). 

I wonder what will happen in 2014 when the World Cup will come from Brazil and matches be played late into the night and early morning.  Let's wait and see what the council decides to do (probably nothing until next season, when we will have Euro 2012, with Turkey hopefully participating).
Post by: onelove on October 27, 2011, 06:19:07 PM
Great point about Brazil  ???
Post by: Legionaire on October 28, 2011, 10:14:48 AM
If we qualify.................... :(
Post by: onelove on October 28, 2011, 12:07:56 PM
 ......... So no need for the English to be up early / late watching the World Cup   >:D  ;D >:D
Post by: Legionaire on October 28, 2011, 12:10:19 PM
Cricket! :P
Post by: Enişte on October 28, 2011, 01:00:19 PM
What difference does it make whether 'we' qualify?  Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Spain, Germany and hopefully Turkey all well worth watching.  Maybe everything will be tuned to Russia's games by then!
Post by: Legionaire on October 28, 2011, 01:29:18 PM
'Cos unless England are playing Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Spain, Germany, I am not interested!
I'm only a little bit interested if we are playing them to be honest!
Cricket and Rugby, that is the future! :angel:
Post by: Enişte on October 28, 2011, 02:16:48 PM
OK, to move on a bit (sorry EK admin types), would we prefer England to win the World Cup or Euros or our chosen club to win the Premiership (Manyoo fans need not reply)?  I'll start - club over country every day of the week!
Post by: onelove on October 28, 2011, 02:44:28 PM
Could not give a s**t how engerrrrland do.    OneLoveUnited  >:D >:D >:D  ( and Kalkan ! )    YCSYFEUYA  >:D ??? >:D
Post by: Legionaire on October 28, 2011, 03:11:15 PM
Country must always come first.
Post by: Enişte on October 28, 2011, 03:18:07 PM
But they usually come eighth after a disappointing QF performance and woeful penalty shoot-out!  I always try to watch England but have more interest if any of Spurs' internationals are playing.  Last year v Germany in the World Cup, I gave up when Defoe went off and we then conceded even more goals.  I also have the dilemma of seeing 3 of ours playing for Croatia against Turkey.  On that occasion, country will come before club!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal